Thread: Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Hello Everyone,

I have decided to start a new thread to discuss about our new product(s).

I will start quoting the last commend on "the other thread"

Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    I also believe the NeoSD has proven that even within a very niche market there is a demand for FPGA-based products, and that they can be profitably made. (I assume the NeoSD hasn't taken the team to the poorhouse, since they're still coming up with new products.)
    This is harder to understand if you donīt see the internals of the company.

We have made money with NEOSD but we havenīt earned money with NEOSD.

We had to hire and pay a lot of people for pcb design, fpga coding and other tasks such as mold design.
    Then we have produced in Spain with high quality pcbs and high IC prices. Producing in China not only lowers the pcb and SMT soldering but also the ics are cheaper there, while lowering the pcb and soldering quality aswel ...

Sum to that the pile of taxes we pay. About 50% of what we sell goes there : VAT (only in Europe), Compnay taxes and such things

Our plan for the first year was to invest everything back in new products and so we did.

So where this all goes ? If we want to keep developing, we need to make money and if we want to make money we have to make products that as much people as possible want. As bigger the market is for a product as cheaper we can sell it and save costs while producing it aswel. As more units you produce better prices you can get buying ics, pcbs, mounting those at factory and so.

Resuming, we are about to start on our seccond company year and our goal is to make the company profitable to be able to develop bigger things. So far we have spent 1,5 years working in one project that we still donīt know if it will work (and if we will get our investment back, time and money).

So for now, NEODEV and myself keep putting our time and NEOSDīs money on Terraonion while paying everyone else. Our pockets have the same money as the day we started selling NEOSD, we are ok with that cause only one year passed but if we canīt make the company profitable in 3 years we will have to think in a different task where to put our time at, you just canīt keep working for free you entire life for more than you love what you work at.

I really feel that with our current team we can build anything we or you can imagine. The big issue here is that our resources are limited, so to me the challenge here is not only choose what product to develop to maximize sales, but also to find more skilled people to join our company so we can grow.

BTW this dosenīt means we are not developing niche devices such as NEOSD, cause we are right now, but we need to sell more units than NEOSD did, this is a fact.

Just remember, we are not some forums guys trying to make some device to fast proffit while we have a “real life job” that pays the bills. Selling those fast, not paying taxes an not paying people to develop it. Not investing in production, paying the entire production with preorders. This is how one makes money guys, not spending a single cent and not paying taxes.

Our approach has always been different : to build a company and make it grow, while developing nice things.

Alex,
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Thanks for sharing this. One thing I love about your company is how transparent you've always been about what's happening and what you've been through.

Best of luck with your new products, I really hope they'll sell well and you can make a nice profit out of it (you deserve it), hopefully without inflating the final product's price too much. Although there are people passionate about arcade gaming with (very) deep pockets, some of us have to make sacrifices and choose wisely where to put their money.

Since when you announced that you were working on "other things", I've started saving money day by day for the moment when your new device will be made public, and resisted the temptation to just go the DS way because you've shown with NeoSD that your products are nothing short of outstanding and set a new bar for quality in multi systems.

Keep it up.

Raiden's Valet

What exactly is the point of this thread? What are you trying to tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by TikTekTak View Post
    What exactly is the point of this thread? What are you trying to tell us?
    To not expect a product for a system that has 5 games as some guys have asked for on the "other thread". Atleast for some time.

While open a discusion about what you would guys want , based on the previous parameters , for the next year(s)

Cham Cham's Banana

When will the new product announcement be? Will it be in this thread?
    Spice god of Borneo...

Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post
    When will the new product announcement be? Will it be in this thread?
    We are waiting for shells and pcbs, it's hard to say but in about 4 weeks I Think, we would like to open sales the same day we have stock/we present it
    But this may change,

Btw some users in this forum already saw a video of the device working and know all the details

Mickey's Coach

I really hope it isn't a console clone. Yeah I understand the need to sell volume, which a niche market can't necessarily support, but I'm really hoping for something arcade related.

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    so...it could be a vagina also...
    They working on a Fleshlight?! This puts the following statement into a whole new perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    I really feel that with our current team we can build anything we or you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    They working on a Fleshlight?! This puts the following statement into a whole new perspective...

Sorry, we donīt want beta testers for that, neither we have any interest on emulating such things.

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    It's all about the Tenga..... and PC Engine. And PC Engine shaped Tengas...

Mature's Make-Up Artist

I'm going to guess NGCD optical drive emulator.

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I'm going to guess NGCD optical drive emulator.
    I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm all for little to no load time and having NGCD games on one USB stick or SD card. Though the fact that there's gonna be a shell for it makes me think that it's not going to be that, since ones for other consoles are just bare PCBs.

Like others have said, I'm willing to bet it's an FPGA replacement for the PC Engine Super CD unit. Would make sense for casing in that situation, since it wouldn't be inside of a console. If so, I hope it'd include extra video outputs like the DB Grafx Booster.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Quote Originally Posted by coreykun667 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm all for little to no load time and having NGCD games on one USB stick or SD card. Though the fact that there's gonna be a shell for it makes me think that it's not going to be that, since ones for other consoles are just bare PCBs.

Like others have said, I'm willing to bet it's an FPGA replacement for the PC Engine Super CD unit. Would make sense for casing in that situation, since it wouldn't be inside of a console. If so, I hope it'd include extra video outputs like the DB Grafx Booster.
    This would be amaze
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    ACTUALLY... it doesn't narrow it down...

I own practically every system ever made... but as a mass hoarder... they are in storage and I only played a few systems...

I can say... i own this system... but have I played it? Nope
    This is all a cover-up, so when NeoSD releases their new revision of the Custom Maid PC controller next week, you can hide the fact you have completely, and utterly ravaged the one sitting next to your PC monitor.

You will finally be able to fap away again, and just in time for Beat Your Dick December.

December 1st announcement date a coincidence? I think not.

Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots

[B]

Thread Information