John Dunsworth "Mr. Lahey" Dead at 71

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
p-Trailer-Park-Boys-John-Dunsworth.jpg

John Dunsworth , the actor who portrayed Mr. Lahey in the Trailer Park Boys, has passed away at age 71 after a short fight with an unspecified illness.

This hits me hard, because Trailer Park Boys is easily one of my most watched shows. Mr. Lahey's character really being one of my favorites.

I've always really loved this interview with John on CBC after the original TPB TV final aired.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Whaaaaaat!!? This is sad news. What a great actor and a memorable character. Iirc, there is anotehr season or two of TPB on the way, but there is no way you can continue with more after this w/out Lahey.

A sad day indeed :(

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Ahh man Lahey!!

They say he rarely drank... there's ya problemo.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
We'll all have to be the liquor now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The shit hawks came for him and the shit hawks took him away.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Just discovered this video that he made, about him working with stone and cement. Of course it's about more than that, because he was a thoughtful, philosophical sort of guy. It really gives you a glimpse into his life and him as a person. I really wish that I could've met him.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
Bummer. Now Jim can mow the air in heaven for eternity; he has transcended the liquor.

Last edited:

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
The shit winds...

Early seasons of TPB were great. I also watched reruns in the morning not too long ago. Mr. Lahey was easily one of the best characters on the show. The show even struck an emotional chord at times, like when Mr. Lahey was running to be the trailer park supervisor against that caveman Sam.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Super sad to hear about. TBP will feel alot emptier without the RIcky/lahey dynamic. Him and Randy would often tour Canadian colleges in character, I regret not checking that out now. RIP

I wonder if this means the show will finally end or if they will keep beating that dead horse into dust.