Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
  1. #26
    . norton9478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sombra Corporation
    Posts
    30,124
    In the NFL, it is better to be a repentant dog murderer or wife beater than an unrepentant black man.

    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    Based on his successes during the Harbaugh era he, at least, deserves another shot. However, I don't think he has a real case unless he's got some kind of hard evidence to prove collusion.
    That is what the discovery process if for.

    Though I don't think you need actual proof for collusion. The MLB players didn't actually have proof when they forced their case.
    Last edited by norton9478; 10-19-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

  2. #27
    Gai's Trainer
    Tw3ek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    天外魔境
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    That is what the discovery process if for.

    Though I don't think you need actual proof for collusion. The MLB players didn't actually have proof when they forced their case.
    You most definitely need proof for collusion, what kind of statement is that? Granted, anyone can see that Kaep is being locked out when guys like Brandon Weeden are signed and he has not even gotten a call, but if he wants to argue it in court, he's gonna need some evidence, which I honestly hope he has.
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!


  3. #28
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    You most definitely need proof for collusion, what kind of statement is that? Granted, anyone can see that Kaep is being locked out when guys like Brandon Weeden are signed and he has not even gotten a call, but if he wants to argue it in court, he's gonna need some evidence, which I honestly hope he has.
    The discovery period allows Kaepernick’s attorneys to subpoena all communications, including hand written and digital, from the NFL and the owners that will relate to the hiring practices, try out practices, and kaepernick’s name itself, within a specified reasonable time frame. It would then be in the NFL’s best interest to turn over everything. Leaving out any evidence that Kaepernick shows they actually have (such as emails relating to him) would result in the NFL potentionally being impeached as a witness - which would make Kaepernick’s argument much easier (NFL not trustworthy, none of their evidence is trustworthy).

    So while it helps for Kaepernick to have evidence now, he will be receiving a metric ton of evidence from the NFL, and it will cost a bit to go through all of it.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  4. #29
    Gai's Trainer
    Tw3ek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    天外魔境
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    The discovery period allows Kaepernick’s attorneys to subpoena all communications, including hand written and digital, from the NFL and the owners that will relate to the hiring practices, try out practices, and kaepernick’s name itself, within a specified reasonable time frame. It would then be in the NFL’s best interest to turn over everything. Leaving out any evidence that Kaepernick shows they actually have (such as emails relating to him) would result in the NFL potentionally being impeached as a witness - which would make Kaepernick’s argument much easier (NFL not trustworthy, none of their evidence is trustworthy).

    So while it helps for Kaepernick to have evidence now, he will be receiving a metric ton of evidence from the NFL, and it will cost a bit to go through all of it.
    I really hope they do find some concrete evidence, either in discovery or they already have it. I can't imagine he has nothing at all now, but I just really want him to stick it to the NFL for this bullshit.
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!


  5. #30
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    I really hope they do find some concrete evidence, either in discovery or they already have it. I can't imagine he has nothing at all now, but I just really want him to stick it to the NFL for this bullshit.
    Seeing as collusion would blow up the existing CBA and bring it back to the drawing board - I am not sure if that’s not a bad idea.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  6. #31
    Cham Cham's Banana
    profholt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    156
    Maybe he should go play in NFL Europe. Is that still a thing? He'll love it there, they hate America too. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Prestige.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo_vr4 View Post
    Worldwide.

  7. #32
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    3,946
    There is no more NFL Europe.

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

  8. #33
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,969
    Canada has a league, No?

  9. #34
    Morden's Lackey
    basic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SCP-230, Object Class: Euclid
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Seeing as collusion would blow up the existing CBA and bring it back to the drawing board - I am not sure if that’s not a bad idea.
    Agree. I just hope they get a better deal if it were to happen.

  10. #35
    Fu'un-Ken Master
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago
    Posts
    1,548
    If it goes to court Kaepernick is screwed. The minute they say "all rise" in the courtroom and he takes a knee...done for lol

  11. #36
    . norton9478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sombra Corporation
    Posts
    30,124
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    Canada has a league, Eh?
    Fixed it for you.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

  12. #37
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    There is no more NFL Europe.
    Not since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  13. #38
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,883
    All of the owners not wanting him on their team is different than all of the owners colluding to keep him off any team. Other shitty QBs having roster spots is not proof either.

    The guy is a PR disaster when ratings are already down (whether because of the anthem shit or just boring football, I would say the latter). Even if he is above average, the potential headache is far greater than what he can bring to the football field. Especially since any team he is going to get signed to is not a good team already, so the 'winning cures all ills' mantra would never come to fruition.

    If the owners truly colluded to agree not to sign him, then I hope he sees his day in court and is able to prove that. However I can't see them being that stupid.

    This whole clusterfuck being essentially the NFLs own making is hilarious though. Play up your league's patriotism with flyovers, troop family 'surprise' reunions, cash dat DoD check, team's out to stand for the anthem, camo merch for November, all of that shit to get all of the most base football dolts think football=America. Then be slow to react with Kaepernick, to now where it would be impossible to make a rule without a much larger player revolt.

    I want to watch the Master P Diddy Daddy Football League. Or just bring back the damn XFL.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  14. #39
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,008
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    All of the owners not wanting him on their team is different than all of the owners colluding to keep him off any team. Other shitty QBs having roster spots is not proof either.

    The guy is a PR disaster when ratings are already down (whether because of the anthem shit or just boring football, I would say the latter). Even if he is above average, the potential headache is far greater than what he can bring to the football field. Especially since any team he is going to get signed to is not a good team already, so the 'winning cures all ills' mantra would never come to fruition.

    If the owners truly colluded to agree not to sign him, then I hope he sees his day in court and is able to prove that. However I can't see them being that stupid.

    This whole clusterfuck being essentially the NFLs own making is hilarious though. Play up your league's patriotism with flyovers, troop family 'surprise' reunions, cash dat DoD check, team's out to stand for the anthem, camo merch for November, all of that shit to get all of the most base football dolts think football=America. Then be slow to react with Kaepernick, to now where it would be impossible to make a rule without a much larger player revolt.

    I want to watch the Master P Diddy Daddy Football League. Or just bring back the damn XFL.

    What happens if Kaepernick asks for a jury trial?
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  15. #40
    Yamazaki's Pupil
    ballzdeepx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nakatomi Towers
    Posts
    2,711
    While everyone has the right to say or protest in this country, now more than ever you will have to live with the consequences - calculated or flippant (unless you're Trump).
    I'm not saying collusion isn't happening here, but Kaepernick knew what he was doing, and what the potential outcome would be. I'd assume that he knew legal battles would follow, that they would be complicated by nature, and drawn out with appeals no matter the side so I'm not surprised to see this unfold the way it has.

  16. #41
    . norton9478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sombra Corporation
    Posts
    30,124
    Quote Originally Posted by ballzdeepx View Post
    While everyone has the right to say or protest in this country, now more than ever you will have to live with the consequences - calculated or flippant (unless you're Trump).
    I'm not saying collusion isn't happening here, but Kaepernick knew what he was doing, and what the potential outcome would be. I'd assume that he knew legal battles would follow, that they would be complicated by nature, and drawn out with appeals no matter the side so I'm not surprised to see this unfold the way it has.
    So basically, you are calling him a hero.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

  17. #42
    Yamazaki's Pupil
    ballzdeepx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nakatomi Towers
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    So basically, you are calling him a hero.
    I think the term Hero is subjective so for me personally, it's not the first thing I attributed to him. I can certainly say that I respect his conviction.
    Last edited by ballzdeepx; 10-20-2017 at 12:17 PM.

  18. #43
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,008
    Quote Originally Posted by ballzdeepx View Post
    I think the term Hero is subjective so for me personally, it's not the first thing I attributed to him. I can certainly say that I respect his conviction.
    And Kaepernick still donated over a million dollars of his own money to help the needy, despite the fact he's unemployed.
    https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...test-donations

    some of the orgs he has donated money to:
    American Friends Service Committee,
    Assata’s Daughters,
    Grassroots Leadership, and
    Helping Oppressed Mothers Endure

    These all sound like worthy causes to me.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  19. #44
    Honourary Irishman.
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15
    Posts
    15,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    What happens if Kaepernick asks for a jury trial?
    Would he not wind up in roger goodells kangaroo court at some point though?

    I suppose that's the thing about being a martyr. Lot of people don't realize it until long after the events.
    cool dude

  20. #45
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    What happens if Kaepernick asks for a jury trial?
    Probably gets the death penalty.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  21. #46
    Yamazaki's Pupil
    ballzdeepx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nakatomi Towers
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    And Kaepernick still donated over a million dollars of his own money to help the needy, despite the fact he's unemployed.
    https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...test-donations

    some of the orgs he has donated money to:
    American Friends Service Committee,
    Assata’s Daughters,
    Grassroots Leadership, and
    Helping Oppressed Mothers Endure

    These all sound like worthy causes to me.
    Yes absolutely, I had not researched his charitable donations but it speaks volumes to the mans heart and integrity.

  22. #47
    Playa' From
    Around The Way.
    Lukejaywalker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    391
    He's not in the league for the same reason Tebow isn't. As players they do have a value but the circus they bring way out weight their value. TO was worth the circus till one day he wasn't good enough anymore. Cam Newton could moon the flag during the anthem and still have a job due to his current value.

    I personally wouldn't kneel during the anthem but I respect everyone's right to do as they feel is right.

    The NFL should let players put a BLM sticker or something on helmets as a form of protest. The kneeling is creating a conversation that protestors aren't intending to make and their message is getting lost.

  23. #48
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    The NFL should let players put a BLM sticker or something on helmets as a form of protest. The kneeling is creating a conversation that protestors aren't intending to make and their message is getting lost.
    This is your problem more than theirs. Once you dictate how a person is allowed to protest you have castrated them, like you're some old foreman on a plantation.

    The guys who are protesting as they want have created a situation where the racism is getting smoked out into the open. It has worked, as ugly as it has been. When a journalist posts an article about Kaepernick or Marcus Peters or whoever who raises their fist during the anthem rather than putting their hand over their heart, the floodgates open. We cannot deny the existence of racism in America anymore. It was a belief that one could get away with in 2014 maybe, but now it's clear as day to everyone who the sheetheads are, and they are all around us. They are legion.

    If you want to really take the problem out of the public eye, revert the anthem policy to a few years ago when teams stayed in the tunnels until after the song played. It wasn't until the Kaepernick thing started that I noticed the teams on the field for the anthem. Before that, I would see the team run out of the tunnel after the anthem.

    The craziest part of all of this is how the people whining about the protests and trying to force people to change how they protest are the same ones who:
    1) whine about people whining about their civil rights
    2) whine about people trying to force their beliefs on them

    It's ironic, and exactly why those people get called snowflakes and broflakes.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  24. #49
    Playa' From
    Around The Way.
    Lukejaywalker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    This is your problem more than theirs. Once you dictate how a person is allowed to protest you have castrated them, like you're some old foreman on a plantation.

    The guys who are protesting as they want have created a situation where the racism is getting smoked out into the open. It has worked, as ugly as it has been. When a journalist posts an article about Kaepernick or Marcus Peters or whoever who raises their fist during the anthem rather than putting their hand over their heart, the floodgates open. We cannot deny the existence of racism in America anymore. It was a belief that one could get away with in 2014 maybe, but now it's clear as day to everyone who the sheetheads are, and they are all around us. They are legion.

    If you want to really take the problem out of the public eye, revert the anthem policy to a few years ago when teams stayed in the tunnels until after the song played. It wasn't until the Kaepernick thing started that I noticed the teams on the field for the anthem. Before that, I would see the team run out of the tunnel after the anthem.

    The craziest part of all of this is how the people whining about the protests and trying to force people to change how they protest are the same ones who:
    1) whine about people whining about their civil rights
    2) whine about people trying to force their beliefs on them

    It's ironic, and exactly why those people get called snowflakes and broflakes.
    The players can protect how ever they like but what I'm saying is I believe their message getting lost and creating a discussion about if it's right to kneel during the anthem.

    It's definitely not my problem. I will watch NFL games either way. All the NFL care about is the money and this is effecting that so it's their problem.

  25. #50
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    The players can protect how ever they like but what I'm saying is I believe their message getting lost and creating a discussion about if it's right to kneel during the anthem.

    It's definitely not my problem. I will watch NFL games either way. All the NFL care about is the money and this is effecting that so it's their problem.
    You can disclaim it as a problem but you’re talking about it. So it’s getting in your head, rent free.

    A lot of the protesting players don’t like the way their protests have gone, but I don’t think any feel that the message is lost.

    Despite the best efforts of the Jeff Sessions and Steve Bannons of the country, no educated american ever bought the silly accusation that they were disresspecting the flag or soldiers. And with every person who openly talks about the problem they have with the protest comes at least one real American who will tell them that the protest is about minorities not being treated as second or third class citizens through gerrymandering, police brutality, underfunded public schools, and leaving the black soldier behind in Niger, but rescuing the white guys...
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


free counters
Powered by vBulletin™
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Where the hell is that damned music coming from?!