Colin Kaepernick files grievance against NFL over 'collusion' not to sign him....

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In the NFL, it is better to be a repentant dog murderer or wife beater than an unrepentant black man.

Based on his successes during the Harbaugh era he, at least, deserves another shot. However, I don't think he has a real case unless he's got some kind of hard evidence to prove collusion.

That is what the discovery process if for.

Though I don't think you need actual proof for collusion. The MLB players didn't actually have proof when they forced their case.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
That is what the discovery process if for.

Though I don't think you need actual proof for collusion. The MLB players didn't actually have proof when they forced their case.

You most definitely need proof for collusion, what kind of statement is that? Granted, anyone can see that Kaep is being locked out when guys like Brandon Weeden are signed and he has not even gotten a call, but if he wants to argue it in court, he's gonna need some evidence, which I honestly hope he has.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You most definitely need proof for collusion, what kind of statement is that? Granted, anyone can see that Kaep is being locked out when guys like Brandon Weeden are signed and he has not even gotten a call, but if he wants to argue it in court, he's gonna need some evidence, which I honestly hope he has.

The discovery period allows Kaepernick’s attorneys to subpoena all communications, including hand written and digital, from the NFL and the owners that will relate to the hiring practices, try out practices, and kaepernick’s name itself, within a specified reasonable time frame. It would then be in the NFL’s best interest to turn over everything. Leaving out any evidence that Kaepernick shows they actually have (such as emails relating to him) would result in the NFL potentionally being impeached as a witness - which would make Kaepernick’s argument much easier (NFL not trustworthy, none of their evidence is trustworthy).

So while it helps for Kaepernick to have evidence now, he will be receiving a metric ton of evidence from the NFL, and it will cost a bit to go through all of it.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The discovery period allows Kaepernick’s attorneys to subpoena all communications, including hand written and digital, from the NFL and the owners that will relate to the hiring practices, try out practices, and kaepernick’s name itself, within a specified reasonable time frame. It would then be in the NFL’s best interest to turn over everything. Leaving out any evidence that Kaepernick shows they actually have (such as emails relating to him) would result in the NFL potentionally being impeached as a witness - which would make Kaepernick’s argument much easier (NFL not trustworthy, none of their evidence is trustworthy).

So while it helps for Kaepernick to have evidence now, he will be receiving a metric ton of evidence from the NFL, and it will cost a bit to go through all of it.

I really hope they do find some concrete evidence, either in discovery or they already have it. I can't imagine he has nothing at all now, but I just really want him to stick it to the NFL for this bullshit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really hope they do find some concrete evidence, either in discovery or they already have it. I can't imagine he has nothing at all now, but I just really want him to stick it to the NFL for this bullshit.

Seeing as collusion would blow up the existing CBA and bring it back to the drawing board - I am not sure if that’s not a bad idea.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Maybe he should go play in NFL Europe. Is that still a thing? He'll love it there, they hate America too. ;p

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
If it goes to court Kaepernick is screwed. The minute they say "all rise" in the courtroom and he takes a knee...done for lol

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
All of the owners not wanting him on their team is different than all of the owners colluding to keep him off any team. Other shitty QBs having roster spots is not proof either.

The guy is a PR disaster when ratings are already down (whether because of the anthem shit or just boring football, I would say the latter). Even if he is above average, the potential headache is far greater than what he can bring to the football field. Especially since any team he is going to get signed to is not a good team already, so the 'winning cures all ills' mantra would never come to fruition.

If the owners truly colluded to agree not to sign him, then I hope he sees his day in court and is able to prove that. However I can't see them being that stupid.

This whole clusterfuck being essentially the NFLs own making is hilarious though. Play up your league's patriotism with flyovers, troop family 'surprise' reunions, cash dat DoD check, team's out to stand for the anthem, camo merch for November, all of that shit to get all of the most base football dolts think football=America. Then be slow to react with Kaepernick, to now where it would be impossible to make a rule without a much larger player revolt.

I want to watch the Master P Diddy Daddy Football League. Or just bring back the damn XFL.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All of the owners not wanting him on their team is different than all of the owners colluding to keep him off any team. Other shitty QBs having roster spots is not proof either.

The guy is a PR disaster when ratings are already down (whether because of the anthem shit or just boring football, I would say the latter). Even if he is above average, the potential headache is far greater than what he can bring to the football field. Especially since any team he is going to get signed to is not a good team already, so the 'winning cures all ills' mantra would never come to fruition.

If the owners truly colluded to agree not to sign him, then I hope he sees his day in court and is able to prove that. However I can't see them being that stupid.

This whole clusterfuck being essentially the NFLs own making is hilarious though. Play up your league's patriotism with flyovers, troop family 'surprise' reunions, cash dat DoD check, team's out to stand for the anthem, camo merch for November, all of that shit to get all of the most base football dolts think football=America. Then be slow to react with Kaepernick, to now where it would be impossible to make a rule without a much larger player revolt.

I want to watch the Master P Diddy Daddy Football League. Or just bring back the damn XFL.

What happens if Kaepernick asks for a jury trial?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
While everyone has the right to say or protest in this country, now more than ever you will have to live with the consequences - calculated or flippant (unless you're Trump).
I'm not saying collusion isn't happening here, but Kaepernick knew what he was doing, and what the potential outcome would be. I'd assume that he knew legal battles would follow, that they would be complicated by nature, and drawn out with appeals no matter the side so I'm not surprised to see this unfold the way it has.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
While everyone has the right to say or protest in this country, now more than ever you will have to live with the consequences - calculated or flippant (unless you're Trump).
I'm not saying collusion isn't happening here, but Kaepernick knew what he was doing, and what the potential outcome would be. I'd assume that he knew legal battles would follow, that they would be complicated by nature, and drawn out with appeals no matter the side so I'm not surprised to see this unfold the way it has.

So basically, you are calling him a hero.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the term Hero is subjective so for me personally, it's not the first thing I attributed to him. I can certainly say that I respect his conviction.

And Kaepernick still donated over a million dollars of his own money to help the needy, despite the fact he's unemployed.
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/201...illion-dollar-pledge-charity-latest-donations

some of the orgs he has donated money to:
American Friends Service Committee,
Assata’s Daughters,
Grassroots Leadership, and
Helping Oppressed Mothers Endure

These all sound like worthy causes to me.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
What happens if Kaepernick asks for a jury trial?

Would he not wind up in roger goodells kangaroo court at some point though?

I suppose that's the thing about being a martyr. Lot of people don't realize it until long after the events.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
And Kaepernick still donated over a million dollars of his own money to help the needy, despite the fact he's unemployed.
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/201...illion-dollar-pledge-charity-latest-donations

some of the orgs he has donated money to:
American Friends Service Committee,
Assata’s Daughters,
Grassroots Leadership, and
Helping Oppressed Mothers Endure

These all sound like worthy causes to me.

Yes absolutely, I had not researched his charitable donations but it speaks volumes to the mans heart and integrity.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
He's not in the league for the same reason Tebow isn't. As players they do have a value but the circus they bring way out weight their value. TO was worth the circus till one day he wasn't good enough anymore. Cam Newton could moon the flag during the anthem and still have a job due to his current value.

I personally wouldn't kneel during the anthem but I respect everyone's right to do as they feel is right.

The NFL should let players put a BLM sticker or something on helmets as a form of protest. The kneeling is creating a conversation that protestors aren't intending to make and their message is getting lost.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The NFL should let players put a BLM sticker or something on helmets as a form of protest. The kneeling is creating a conversation that protestors aren't intending to make and their message is getting lost.

This is your problem more than theirs. Once you dictate how a person is allowed to protest you have castrated them, like you're some old foreman on a plantation.

The guys who are protesting as they want have created a situation where the racism is getting smoked out into the open. It has worked, as ugly as it has been. When a journalist posts an article about Kaepernick or Marcus Peters or whoever who raises their fist during the anthem rather than putting their hand over their heart, the floodgates open. We cannot deny the existence of racism in America anymore. It was a belief that one could get away with in 2014 maybe, but now it's clear as day to everyone who the sheetheads are, and they are all around us. They are legion.

If you want to really take the problem out of the public eye, revert the anthem policy to a few years ago when teams stayed in the tunnels until after the song played. It wasn't until the Kaepernick thing started that I noticed the teams on the field for the anthem. Before that, I would see the team run out of the tunnel after the anthem.

The craziest part of all of this is how the people whining about the protests and trying to force people to change how they protest are the same ones who:
1) whine about people whining about their civil rights
2) whine about people trying to force their beliefs on them

It's ironic, and exactly why those people get called snowflakes and broflakes.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
This is your problem more than theirs. Once you dictate how a person is allowed to protest you have castrated them, like you're some old foreman on a plantation.

The guys who are protesting as they want have created a situation where the racism is getting smoked out into the open. It has worked, as ugly as it has been. When a journalist posts an article about Kaepernick or Marcus Peters or whoever who raises their fist during the anthem rather than putting their hand over their heart, the floodgates open. We cannot deny the existence of racism in America anymore. It was a belief that one could get away with in 2014 maybe, but now it's clear as day to everyone who the sheetheads are, and they are all around us. They are legion.

If you want to really take the problem out of the public eye, revert the anthem policy to a few years ago when teams stayed in the tunnels until after the song played. It wasn't until the Kaepernick thing started that I noticed the teams on the field for the anthem. Before that, I would see the team run out of the tunnel after the anthem.

The craziest part of all of this is how the people whining about the protests and trying to force people to change how they protest are the same ones who:
1) whine about people whining about their civil rights
2) whine about people trying to force their beliefs on them

It's ironic, and exactly why those people get called snowflakes and broflakes.

The players can protect how ever they like but what I'm saying is I believe their message getting lost and creating a discussion about if it's right to kneel during the anthem.

It's definitely not my problem. I will watch NFL games either way. All the NFL care about is the money and this is effecting that so it's their problem.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The players can protect how ever they like but what I'm saying is I believe their message getting lost and creating a discussion about if it's right to kneel during the anthem.

It's definitely not my problem. I will watch NFL games either way. All the NFL care about is the money and this is effecting that so it's their problem.

You can disclaim it as a problem but you’re talking about it. So it’s getting in your head, rent free.

A lot of the protesting players don’t like the way their protests have gone, but I don’t think any feel that the message is lost.

Despite the best efforts of the Jeff Sessions and Steve Bannons of the country, no educated american ever bought the silly accusation that they were disresspecting the flag or soldiers. And with every person who openly talks about the problem they have with the protest comes at least one real American who will tell them that the protest is about minorities not being treated as second or third class citizens through gerrymandering, police brutality, underfunded public schools, and leaving the black soldier behind in Niger, but rescuing the white guys...