a stress free work environment.
    Does this even really exist?
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    stern but fair online forum members
    You just reached all new levels of faggotry that no one before had ever thought possible.

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    Does this even really exist?
    For the most part, no.

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    You just reached all new levels of faggotry that no one before had ever thought possible.
    ...........I'm hoping you can smell the sarcasm in my comments, but that hope may be unfounded.

Last edited by smokehouse; 10-17-2017 at 10:31 AM.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    ...........I'm hoping you can smell the sarcasm in my comments, but that hope may be unfounded.
    I noticed you left "lace panties" off of your list.

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    I noticed you left "lace panties" off of your list.
    Cross dressing aint' my bag, jack.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Cross dressing aint' my bag, jack.
    Neither is heterosexuality.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Pissing while sitting down does not make you woman btw.
    It makes you a pussy but not a real woman.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    I owned it twice and sold it twice. Lag was a problem but some people are not bothered by it. On my tv it was bad. Some games were unplayable so I went back to crt gaming. A direct plug and play solution is always better than something in between. I rather use a device like Raspberry PI than pay for a expensive upscaler like the framemeister.
    I use a CRT too when I'm not using the Framemeister.

Thinks NG.com Is Shit.
    Likes the Market Place Tho.
    Oh.. Fuckin' wait! xROTx

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    I owned it twice and sold it twice. Lag was a problem but some people are not bothered by it. On my tv it was bad. Some games were unplayable so I went back to crt gaming. A direct plug and play solution is always better than something in between. I rather use a device like Raspberry PI than pay for a expensive upscaler like the framemeister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I use a CRT too when I'm not using the Framemeister.
    I recently got an OSSC and decided to put the Framemeister in a drawer and see if I need to take it out and hook it back up after a month of gaming. So far I'm on week 2, and I haven't had the need to. When the month is over I'm going to get rid of it.

The OSSC has been noticeably better in regards to lag and connectivity. It takes more inputs too. So far all the systems I've been using work as well as the Framemeister, as well as a few arcade PCB's I've hooked it up to through my supergun. Some SNES games are still a problem though, for both upscalers. But overall, I'm super happy with the OSSC. It's more of a gamer's upscaler from the low lag alone. I guess if you're playing slower paced games that don't rely on twitch the Framiester is fine, like RPG's and such. But for Shmups, Fighters and Platformers the OSSC is a noticeably better game experience.

I wouldn't mind getting an aftermarket upscaled clone system, but not from ANALogue. I'm going to wait and see who else enters the market for a similar solution to this. I'm hoping RetroUSB picks up the torch and follows up with a "Super AVS" or something to compete with this.

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticMoose View Post
    at that point why don't you just turn a rasberry pi into a rombox?
    Or get an Altera board and get the cores if you think FPGA solutions are so much better than emulation.

They brag about how accurate the Super NT is, so I guess it should be 100% compatible and thus run Everdrive and SD2SNES just fine. Or any other flash or homebrew cartridge for that matter. If SNES can do it, this thing should do it too.

Not for me, though. Give me original hardware and a properly scaled RGB picture any day.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    Care to educate a n00b and elaborate a little on why he's such a massive shithead? I vaguely recall that there was some drama involving their CMVS, but the details escape me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    Seaech function.
    I was hoping for the Reader's Digest version from a long-standing board member, but a quick search suggests an eye-gouging price combined with shoddy build quality and non-existent after-sales support. Did I get it right?
    Last edited by pva; 10-17-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    I was hoping for the Reader's Digest version from a long-standing board member, but a quick search suggests an eye-gouging pric combined with shoddy quality and non-existent after-sales support. Did I get it right?

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.
    oh man, so I go to preorder this thing....and shipping is nearly $40?!! [closes tab] ridiculous

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

icon16.gif

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    oh man, so I go to preorder this thing....and shipping is nearly $40?!! [closes tab] ridiculous

Yea, this is another reason why people hate him. He Nickle and Dimes you on everything. Guy can't even include a controller with the system.

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticMoose View Post
    at that point why don't you just turn a rasberry pi into a rombox?
    I missed this question...

I think the case for/against this kind of device is simple; do you have actual carts? Yes/No.

If you have carts and plan to keep them, you're going to want a reliable, clean way to display them on modern TVs. This thing (despite my personal feelings about its maker), seems like it should be a solid solution for that. On the other hand, my Retron5 does a fine job with SNES carts and it adds the ability of doing a superb job with GBA and Gen carts (I won't go into great detail about the NES portion...lets just say the internal components are total shit with NES games), better yet, it's cheaper too.

If you do NOT have the carts? Why in the fuck would you bother with something like this? Given the current cost of SNES carts, someone would be a fool to go out and purchase them when ROM's are readily available for free. Build a Pie, be done with it.

Ikari Warrior
    What's the difference between playing real carts on a fake system, and playing ROMs on a fake system?

Hint: nothing.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

I was hoping for the Reader's Digest version from a long-standing board member, but a quick search suggests an eye-gouging price combined with shoddy build quality and non-existent after-sales support. Did I get it right?
    He also lied about having real stereo with his aluminium famicom ripoff.

I did win a Sonic CD from fox1 though by guessing the price right.
    Last edited by Dr Shroom; 10-17-2017 at 06:11 PM.

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    What's the difference between playing real carts on a fake system, and playing ROMs on a fake system?

Hint: nothing.
    Tons of $$$

Crossed Swords Squire
    Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    That's crazy. Depends on where you're located I guess? Only cost me $23.89.

Belnar Institute Student
    I missed this question...

I think the case for/against this kind of device is simple; do you have actual carts? Yes/No.

If you have carts and plan to keep them, you're going to want a reliable, clean way to display them on modern TVs. This thing (despite my personal feelings about its maker), seems like it should be a solid solution for that. On the other hand, my Retron5 does a fine job with SNES carts and it adds the ability of doing a superb job with GBA and Gen carts (I won't go into great detail about the NES portion...lets just say the internal components are total shit with NES games), better yet, it's cheaper too.

If you do NOT have the carts? Why in the fuck would you bother with something like this? Given the current cost of SNES carts, someone would be a fool to go out and purchase them when ROM's are readily available for free. Build a Pie, be done with it.
    Meh, I've got an SNES if I want to play my carts, I don't need no fancy shmancy hdmi or nothing. Anyways I was more referring to the guy I quoted talking about how this thing could probably be turned into a rom box somewhere down the line which seemed ridiculous because at that point you might as well save your money and get a Pi. I totally get wanting a sturdy piece of hardware to play your carts on though

Quote Originally Posted by monads View Post
    That's crazy. Depends on where you're located I guess? Only cost me $23.89.
    Shouldn't shipping cost the same everywhere in the states? (except the two freak states perhaps)

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    Shouldn't shipping cost the same everywhere in the states? (except the two freak states perhaps)
    No.
    BATTLE OF THE BABES
    ALLI FLANAGAN vs KELSEY LEWIN

That's dumb. I blame Trump. SAD!

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.
    $50usd shipping to Aus - lol
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Art of Typing Wiz

Anyone seriously thinking of buying this needs to step back and remember why Christop was driven off these forums. He makes a new shiny with a lower price tag, wants to charge you 40 god damn dollars for an extra controller and he's not even a real company other then some dude who's cracking out shit in his garage. Makes me sad that even yahoo news made a post about his new SuperNES. It's like some of you people only care about buying shit even if the person is a downright scumbag.

That is why people like Dion and Chris Ray got away with so much shit over the years.

Idiots.

Thread Information