Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 405

Thread: Analogue Super Nt

  1. #26
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt
    Posts
    11,181
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    Exactly. Starfox is one of the most common Snes games and you should be able to find it easily under $10. I personally don't like Starfox, tried playing it and it just wasn't my cup of Tea. Never understood the whole Starfox hype. I guess it was a big deal back in the days since it was one of the first 3d games but to me I just see a bunch of slow moving ugly squares on the screen.
    Funny, I felt the same way (still do). I remember the first time I played Starfox, I just didn't see what the hype was about. 2D games were about to hit master level of detail and animation and here people were gushing over a bunch of shitty blocks moving around the screen. A game like Metal Slug and it's insane attention to detail and high level of artistic merit far more impressed me than some chunks moving around.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  2. #27
    Ikari Warrior
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Livin' in VBA's head, rent free...
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    But...but...you can't display an emulator to your "friends" online.
    Exactly. You can't take a picture of an emulator an post it on Reddit for fake internet point.

    "JUST INVESTEDED IN THIS LE GEM!"

    Those guys never buy anything. They only make "investments" and "acquisitions".
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345



    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  3. #28
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞
    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Funny, I felt the same way (still do). I remember the first time I played Starfox, I just didn't see what the hype was about. 2D games were about to hit master level of detail and animation and here people were gushing over a bunch of shitty blocks moving around the screen. A game like Metal Slug and it's insane attention to detail and high level of artistic merit far more impressed me than some chunks moving around.
    I think it was an exiting enough game to get hyped over personally. I mean, I have never been a massive fan of the game, but for what it is I say hats off to Nintendo.
    IgP waz here


  4. #29
    You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Funny, I felt the same way (still do). I remember the first time I played Starfox, I just didn't see what the hype was about. 2D games were about to hit master level of detail and animation and here people were gushing over a bunch of shitty blocks moving around the screen. A game like Metal Slug and it's insane attention to detail and high level of artistic merit far more impressed me than some chunks moving around.
    Star Fox blew me away on release. Yeah, the graphics are crude by modern standards, but the game still holds up IMO. They made excellent use of the SNES pad. Fantastic atmosphere, music, level and boss design. Honestly, I gotta sincerely question your taste in games if you dislike or are indifferent about Star Fox.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

    I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

    Thanks a lot.

  5. #30
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary
    Posts
    6,384
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Star Fox blew me away on release. Yeah, the graphics are crude by modern standards, but the game still holds up IMO. They made excellent use of the SNES pad. Fantastic atmosphere, music, level and boss design. Honestly, I gotta sincerely question your taste in games if you dislike or are indifferent about Star Fox.
    What doesn't smokehouse dislike?

  6. #31
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,273
    Smoke, don't listen to this guy. We don't see shit with rose tinted glasses. Starfox looks like shit.

  7. #32
    Street Hoop Star
    Tw3ek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mortville
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    Smoke, don't listen to this guy. We don't see shit with rose tinted glasses. Starfox looks like shit.
    Like most early 3D games, the visuals didn't really age well, but at the time it was crazy impressive
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

  8. #33
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    Like most early 3D games, the visuals didn't really age well, but at the time it was crazy impressive

    Yea, that's what I mentioned before. Back in the days it was probably the best thing since sliced bread but now I find the game unplayable. That's why I didn't understand why it was such a big deal when they released the Starfox 2 on the Snes Classic.
    Last edited by RAZO; 10-16-2017 at 10:29 PM.

  9. #34
    You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,063
    Ignore the graphics, focus on the game. I believe the psychological term is "suspension of fagitry"
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

    I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

    Thanks a lot.

  10. #35
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,273
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Ignore the graphics, focus on the game. I believe the psychological term is "suspension of fagitry"
    Nah bro. I can't ignore the graphics when a game looks that bad. It's like watching blocks of Diarrhea on the screen. After Burner is a so much better and it doesn't look like shit.

  11. #36
    Ikari Warrior
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Livin' in VBA's head, rent free...
    Posts
    5,332
    I feel like "blocks of diarrhea" is kind of a contradiction in terms.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345



    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  12. #37
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary
    Posts
    6,384
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    Nah bro. I can't ignore the graphics when a game looks that bad. It's like watching blocks of Diarrhea on the screen. After Burner is a so much better and it doesn't look like shit.
    Lulz been watching a lot of AVGN lately? Star Fox looks like a monkey's diarrhea load on my screen and then a buffalo that's been eating nothing but Taco Bell for a week comes and DIARRHEAS ON TOP OF THAT! WHAT A FUCKLOAD OF ASS SHIT!

    Fuckin' fagit.

  13. #38
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,273
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Lulz been watching a lot of AVGN lately? Star Fox looks like a monkey's diarrhea load on my screen and then a buffalo that's been eating nothing but Taco Bell for a week comes and DIARRHEAS ON TOP OF THAT! WHAT A FUCKLOAD OF ASS SHIT!

    Fuckin' fagit.
    What's AVN?

  14. #39
    Ikari Warrior
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Livin' in VBA's head, rent free...
    Posts
    5,332
    Adult video news?
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345



    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  15. #40
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    pva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    I think christoph is a massive shithead and will not support anything he does.
    Care to educate a n00b and elaborate a little on why he's such a massive shithead? I vaguely recall that there was some drama involving their CMVS, but the details escape me.

    I know of at least two other competing FPGA SNES implementations, but those aren't anywhere as polished/productised as the Super Nt. I also have a nagging suspicion that the creators' interest in developing these projects further will wane now the Super Nt is out.

  16. #41
    World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)ᕗ
    Posts
    18,785
    Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    Care to educate a n00b and elaborate a little on why he's such a massive shithead? I vaguely recall that there was some drama involving their CMVS, but the details escape me.

    I know of at least two other competing FPGA SNES implementations, but those aren't anywhere as polished/productised as the Super Nt. I also have a nagging suspicion that the creators' interest in developing these projects further will wane now the Super Nt is out.
    Seaech function.


  17. #42
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst
    Posts
    11,117
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    What's AVN?
    Only fuckin nerds like madman would know. Star Fox was a terrible game, big whoop its unreleased sequel is in the mini woooo better get my dick out I'm so excited. This is a piece of expensive trash, buy a $50 SFC and call it a day.



    !!

  18. #43
    Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    Adult video news?
    Oh man, I'd love to go to the AVN awards.

    So many titties...


    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

  19. #44
    Moterator. theMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.
    Posts
    5,338
    This thing looks alright but still rather the Snes mini or a Pi setup over one of these. Emulation of Snes is pretty much perfect now, why bother with carts?
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

  20. #45
    Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Posts
    7,170
    Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    This thing looks alright but still rather the Snes mini or a Pi setup over one of these. Emulation of Snes is pretty much perfect now, why bother with carts?
    Because autism.


    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

  21. #46
    Belnar Institute Student
    NeuroticMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by RevQuixo View Post
    This thing was programmed by Kevtris, who did the Nt Mini.

    The Mini Nt is amazing.

    This will also be amazing...instant purchase.

    Won't matter if it plays Everdrives, kevtris jailbroke the NT..it runs roms off of SD card. This will too.

    most likely he will add all the cores he added to the Nt to this as well..so it will run everything from Atari 2600 to colecovision to NES to master system to Gameboy, etc.


    https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/16/1...tendo-analogue
    at that point why don't you just turn a rasberry pi into a rombox?

  22. #47
    MS Paint Master. Renmauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    P.E.I, Canada
    Posts
    3,449
    A great touch cosmetically would be to have a two-tone Analogue logo on the SFC version - say yellow and green - to make the shades of grey really pop and further sell the SFC gimmick. This machine look really sharp, and those sample vids of CT and ZamN looked and sounded fantastic.

  23. #48

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,879
    A Framemeister works out of the box with no fine-tuning necessary unless you want perfection. It is very well known that the Framemeister is the best upscaler and it has been for years. It has a lot of haters because a lot of people still aren't willing to shell out for it. But if you're a gamer who plans to play on an HDTV it's a must own. There's no need to re-buy your consoles in an aftermarket form.

  24. #49
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt
    Posts
    11,181
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    What doesn't smokehouse dislike?
    Aw man...all kinds of things; a strong pour of scotch, a back rub, long walks on the beach, well drawn/animated 2D games, a Vicodin ES, stern but fair online forum members, a nap, a clean pair of jeans, a stress free work environment, a large breakfast (consisting of eggs, bacon, potatoes, and some sort of pastry).........

    Early/crude games? Not a big fan. It's the simple reason why I cannot play a 2600...the games are crude, unpolished, and there is much better to be found elsewhere. Starfox was an important point in gaming, but it was crude and early. When 2D gaming was really starting to get to master level, I didn't see the "WOW!" in a crude poly game on the SNES. if others did...cool beans, I'm not hammering them for it.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  25. #50
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    A Framemeister works out of the box with no fine-tuning necessary unless you want perfection. It is very well known that the Framemeister is the best upscaler and it has been for years. It has a lot of haters because a lot of people still aren't willing to shell out for it. But if you're a gamer who plans to play on an HDTV it's a must own. There's no need to re-buy your consoles in an aftermarket form.
    I owned it twice and sold it twice. Lag was a problem but some people are not bothered by it. On my tv it was bad. Some games were unplayable so I went back to crt gaming. A direct plug and play solution is always better than something in between. I rather use a device like Raspberry PI than pay for a expensive upscaler like the framemeister.
    Last edited by RAZO; 10-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •