Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 405

Thread: Analogue Super Nt

  1. #251
    Banned theMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Got a problem with that?
    Yeah, come at me bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

  2. #252
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx
    Posts
    9,220
    Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    Yeah, come at me bro.
    Don't be silly Mot_balls...



    xROTx

  3. #253
    Charlotte's Breastplate Polisher
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    5,662
    The PCB resale business must be slow...







    ...cough...

  4. #254
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    This sounds like you're willing to buy FPGA clones of all of your consoles just for the sake of HDMI output. I wasn't sold on OSSC either, until I got one. Sure, it's not perfect, and it won't scale S-Video or composite, but you can throw RGB at it all day long, and it will upscale it beautifully. Besides, you can't expect to get FPGA clones of everything. A scaler is a must these days. Also, Megadrive has a crispy crisp RGB signal, ideal for upscaling. If there's a console that is ready to go, it's the Megadrive.

    I'm not saying there's no place for a Megadrive FPGA clone, but why bother, when you can buy the real deal so much cheaper? I'd invest that FPGA clone money in an OSSC, which you will buy only once.
    I own the real deal for all my favorite platforms already but after messing with the FrameMeister I gave up on Upscalers. Sync Issues, having to buy different rgb cables, some games having refresh rate issues, having to dial in different settings for different consoles, lag, messing with settings to get a nice looking picture. I hear mixed reviews of the OSSC and I'm not ready to buy something that is not going to work like I would like it to. I want a simple plug and play solution. Even my Nintendo Hdretrovision cables don't work on my 50 inch Samsung. I rather just stick to playing on my small RGB monitors for now and not have to deal with none of the issues with upscalers. That's why I find this product appealing.

    On another Note.

    I'm not going to Deny that this Christoph has Ripped Off people in the past with his Nickel and Dime on accessories shit and his poorly built overpriced CMVS in a wooden box but if you purchased from him than it's your fault. You could have purchased from JNX or Omega but you chose to go with a Super Pricey Niche CMVS. Remember guys, you always have a choice. I'm not trying to offend anyone here who has purchased from him in the past and have been burned. I understand why you wouldn't want to support him. I've purchased from places in the past and have been burned but that's not going to stop other people who have had good experiences with that specific store or seller.

  5. #255
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I own the real deal for all my favorite platforms already but after messing with the FrameMeister I gave up on Upscalers. Sync Issues, having to buy different rgb cables, some games having refresh rate issues, having to dial in different settings for different consoles, lag, messing with settings to get a nice looking picture. I hear mixed reviews of the OSSC and I'm not ready to buy something that is not going to work like I would like it to. I want a simple plug and play solution. Even my Nintendo Hdretrovision cables don't work on my 50 inch Samsung. I rather just stick to playing on my small RGB monitors for now and not have to deal with none of the issues with upscalers. That's why I find this product appealing.
    Spot on man. I have a PVM-20L5 CRT and initially had all my consoles connected to it via RGB, including my Analogue Nt Mini. They all look fantastic. I decided to try the Mini on my 50" plasma via HDMI, and after getting the settings dialed in, I have zero desire to hook it back up to my CRT. The quality is stunning. I now want HDMI on everything and I'll gladly replace my old consoles to get it.

    I figured I'd try the OSSC for my remaining consoles and it's been hit or miss. I can't get the damn thing to sync with my plasma at anything other than 480p (2x 240p), so I'm relying upon my display's less than optimal scaling to get it up to 1080p. And the OSSC is not a friendly device to tweak; navigating the menu on the tiny display is a pain in the balls (it really needs an OSD) and for an "easy" solution it sure does require a lot of knowledge about analog signals and how each setting potentially affects the image. I understand the philosophy behind it and the benefits (it's not a scaler, so minuscule lag), but at the end of the day I'm still sending analog content to a digital display and that's never optimal. I'll probably keep the originals hooked up to the CRT until I've replaced my plasma with a 4K that has better compatibility with the OSSC and I can get cleaner upscaling (240p line tripled to 720p in the OSSC, then 720p scaled to 2160p in the display). Might ditch the PVM at that point.

    I'd planned to skip the Super Nt because I was a Genesis kid and the SNES library doesn't hold the same nostalgia for me, but said fuck it and ordered one a couple weeks back in the hopes that kevtris will do the same thing on the Super Nt that he did on the Mini and release jailbroken firmware with additional cores, including the Genesis. In the meantime, I'll catch up on all the SNES goodness I missed out on in my youth.

    The Super Nt is everything they said it would be, btw. It still needs some tweaks (scanlines don't look quite right, especially compared to the perfect scanlines on the Mini), but kevtris is on top of the bugs and there's already been two firmware updates. The hardware itself is high quality and I think it's absolutely worth the price they're asking.

  6. #256
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
    Spot on man. I have a PVM-20L5 CRT and initially had all my consoles connected to it via RGB, including my Analogue Nt Mini. They all look fantastic. I decided to try the Mini on my 50" plasma via HDMI, and after getting the settings dialed in, I have zero desire to hook it back up to my CRT. The quality is stunning. I now want HDMI on everything and I'll gladly replace my old consoles to get it.

    I figured I'd try the OSSC for my remaining consoles and it's been hit or miss. I can't get the damn thing to sync with my plasma at anything other than 480p (2x 240p), so I'm relying upon my display's less than optimal scaling to get it up to 1080p. And the OSSC is not a friendly device to tweak; navigating the menu on the tiny display is a pain in the balls (it really needs an OSD) and for an "easy" solution it sure does require a lot of knowledge about analog signals and how each setting potentially affects the image. I understand the philosophy behind it and the benefits (it's not a scaler, so minuscule lag), but at the end of the day I'm still sending analog content to a digital display and that's never optimal. I'll probably keep the originals hooked up to the CRT until I've replaced my plasma with a 4K that has better compatibility with the OSSC and I can get cleaner upscaling (240p line tripled to 720p in the OSSC, then 720p scaled to 2160p in the display). Might ditch the PVM at that point.

    I'd planned to skip the Super Nt because I was a Genesis kid and the SNES library doesn't hold the same nostalgia for me, but said fuck it and ordered one a couple weeks back in the hopes that kevtris will do the same thing on the Super Nt that he did on the Mini and release jailbroken firmware with additional cores, including the Genesis. In the meantime, I'll catch up on all the SNES goodness I missed out on in my youth.

    The Super Nt is everything they said it would be, btw. It still needs some tweaks (scanlines don't look quite right, especially compared to the perfect scanlines on the Mini), but kevtris is on top of the bugs and there's already been two firmware updates. The hardware itself is high quality and I think it's absolutely worth the price they're asking.

    Yea, My Samsung Plasma is picky as well and I'm just not ready to buy a new TV to play old school games. I love my TV. When I had the Framemeister dialed in to a specific console like the Genny it looked awesome but playing with the lag killed the experience. I also didn't like having to mess with settings and experience sync issues when I plugged in a different console. The hit or miss issues that you mentioned. It was just too much of a chore. I just don't want to deal with another device like that and the reason why I still game on a Crt.

    I'm a Genny Guy as well and prefer it over the Snes but that's not to say I don't like the Snes. Another Reason why I bought the Super Nt was because of the Jail Broken firmware Kevtris did with the NT mini and hopefully we could enjoy some Genny games on the Super Nt as well.
    Last edited by RAZO; 02-13-2018 at 07:18 PM.

  7. #257
    Banned theMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.
    Posts
    5,272
    So when it's jailbroken you can just load teh romz straight onto it? That's handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

  8. #258
    Playa'
    Lukejaywalker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I own the real deal for all my favorite platforms already but after messing with the FrameMeister I gave up on Upscalers. Sync Issues, having to buy different rgb cables, some games having refresh rate issues, having to dial in different settings for different consoles, lag, messing with settings to get a nice looking picture. I hear mixed reviews of the OSSC and I'm not ready to buy something that is not going to work like I would like it to. I want a simple plug and play solution. Even my Nintendo Hdretrovision cables don't work on my 50 inch Samsung. I rather just stick to playing on my small RGB monitors for now and not have to deal with none of the issues with upscalers. That's why I find this product appealing.
    Right on. Not sure why people are having trouble understanding this.

    Also I think I read somewhere that the latency is spot on with the OG SNES and better than the FM and the SNES mini. How's the OSSC latency?
    Last edited by Lukejaywalker23; 02-13-2018 at 08:05 PM.

  9. #259
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    How's the OSSC latency?
    It’s zero.

    Since it doesn’t use a frame buffer, there is no latency.

  10. #260
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    AEDST
    Posts
    10,435
    Trusting you have a compatible monitor/tv, the OSSC would be an excellent choice with minimal stuffing around right? Yodd?



    Aussies!

  11. #261
    nerdsigh voltronbadass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bullitt County
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    The PCB resale business must be slow...
    ...cough...
    If you've got something to say then say it, stop being a faggot, for just once in your life

  12. #262
    Windjammers Wonder
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Trusting you have a compatible monitor/tv, the OSSC would be an excellent choice with minimal stuffing around right? Yodd?
    I know you personally arn't complaining about the OSSC compatibility, I'm just venting here.

    One thing I never understood is the "compatibility problem" people have with the OSSC/certain systems. Sure I get some systems didnt quite output 60hz exactly and so some displays might have an issue. But the "compatibility problem" is thrown around like half the TVs/Monitors out there are not compatible. I know I personally have had an OSSC connected to atleast 5 different displays and also know a handful of people with an OSSC and never once heard of anyone have an incompatible monitor/tv.

    And even so, if your TV did have a compatibility issue. Displays are so cheap now, its probably time to upgrade. I mean you can get a 49" 4k panel with ~14ms of input lag for under $350. Thats less than a frame of lag on a damn near 50" TV for the cost of one your rare amiibos
    Last edited by Niko; 02-13-2018 at 09:37 PM.

  13. #263
    World's Greatest Scheißeposter Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
    Posts
    18,550
    Post more pizzas, dollfuckers.


  14. #264
    Charlotte's Breastplate Polisher
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    5,662
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronbadass View Post
    If you've got something to say then say it, stop being a faggot, for just once in your life

  15. #265
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    AEDST
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I know you personally arn't complaining about the OSSC compatibility, I'm just venting here.

    One thing I never understood is the "compatibility problem" people have with the OSSC/certain systems. Sure I get some systems didnt quite output 60hz exactly and so some displays might have an issue. But the "compatibility problem" is thrown around like half the TVs/Monitors out there are not compatible. I know I personally have had an OSSC connected to atleast 5 different displays and also know a handful of people with an OSSC and never once heard of anyone have an incompatible monitor/tv.

    And even so, if your TV did have a compatibility issue. Displays are so cheap now, its probably time to upgrade. I mean you can get a 49" 4k panel with ~14ms of input lag for under $350. Thats less than a frame of lag on a damn near 50" TV for the cost of one your rare amiibos
    Its this kind of viewpoint that we need to see more often. Clearly things are blown out of proportion by namby pamby idiots who want the world for a fraction of the price of professional hardware.



    Aussies!

  16. #266
    Super Spy Agent
    ShootTheCore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logan UT USA
    Posts
    773
    I’ll also add that the OSSCs compatibility has greatly improved over time with firmware updates. It’s a much better device today than it was a year ago. With the latest firmware, mine handles almost everything I throw at it with minimal setting tweaks. The only devices I still have to use custom settings for are Taito F3 arcade boards and my PAL Amiga 1200. Admittedly, I’m not fine-tuning each console’s settings to be the best they can possibly be. I just set it to 5X upscale and everything looks great to me-definitely better than my Framemeister and on par with my PVM-20M4U.

  17. #267
    Windjammers Wonder
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    I’ll also add that the OSSCs compatibility has greatly improved over time with firmware updates. It’s a much better device today than it was a year ago. With the latest firmware, mine handles almost everything I throw at it with minimal setting tweaks. The only devices I still have to use custom settings for are Taito F3 arcade boards and my PAL Amiga 1200. Admittedly, I’m not fine-tuning each console’s settings to be the best they can possibly be. I just set it to 5X upscale and everything looks great to me-definitely better than my Framemeister and on par with my PVM-20M4U.
    Speaking of the F3, are you using it over SCART? I remember reading awhile back you needed to use it with a VGA adapter or something.

  18. #268
    World's Greatest Scheißeposter Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
    Posts
    18,550


  19. #269
    We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.
    ChuChu Flamingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronbadass View Post
    Ive owned every kind of broadcast monitor. For years Ive been modding consoles, buying every new up upscaler, messing with scart and scart switches, constantly buying scart cables, bnc cables, upgrading cables, upgrading switches, hunting for the versions of consoles that output better rgb, modding more consoles. endless adjustments and troubleshooting, dicking with sync...

    Im sick to death of it, RGB is a jerry rigged standard at best and Im over it. Let it all burn. FPGA and HDMI are the way forward. Im not a collector, I want to play games, I use everdrives, now Im feel stuck collecting a never ending stream of shit to run a decent RGB setup.

    I love the band wagoning against the super nt on this forum, most of you talking shit will be scrambling to get your hands on one of these now. I love how people who are so fast to buy an SS3 and defend it even though it was obviously released unfinished with its sync issues. No ones brought up its lack HDMI even though its an obvious feature missing given that its fpga based. Not to mention the $300 price tag, instead you doubt kevtris even though he has an amazing track record. You bitch about spending the extra money on shipping even though youve wasted countless hundreds on all the shit to support scart and most also spend stupid money on pcb/s. This super nt is the way forward, its a bargain, and a breakthrough and I feel sorry for all of you that dont get that.
    1 shekel has been deposited in your account.


    he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

  20. #270
    FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

    VanillaThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...
    Posts
    15,184
    Never read these threads in reverse.

    I'm reading through this without context and until I realized it's Christoph's bullshit...

  21. #271
    Super Spy Agent
    ShootTheCore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logan UT USA
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Speaking of the F3, are you using it over SCART? I remember reading awhile back you needed to use it with a VGA adapter or something.
    Yep, the OSSC will sync with the F3 over VGA but not SCART, because VGA keeps the horizontal and vertical sync signals separate while SCART combines them.

  22. #272
    This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    I really don't understand what's so hard about getting a real SNES and a CRT with s-video from Goodwill for $10 or a free one on Craigslist. And like someone already said, "What's the difference between playing fake ROMs on a real console and playing real games on a fake console?" Not much, IMO. I don't see a true need for this type of thing until 8- and 16-bit consoles, as well as CRTs, actually start dying out. I think we're at least a decade or two from that happening.
    This is how I feel about this subject as well. I don't see why anyone would want to play games and consoles originally designed for CRTs on HD TVs, especially if it is more cost effective, and authentic, to play them the way they were designed to be played. Thats just my opinion though; we don't all approach this hobby the same way.

    I do agree with something VBA said though; even if you go the CRT route, you can still be constantly changing/upgrading/modding/spending money to get the best set up possible. I have found this to be the case since going the RGB route.

  23. #273
    Raiden's Valet
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    I’ll also add that the OSSCs compatibility has greatly improved over time with firmware updates. It’s a much better device today than it was a year ago. With the latest firmware, mine handles almost everything I throw at it with minimal setting tweaks. The only devices I still have to use custom settings for are Taito F3 arcade boards and my PAL Amiga 1200. Admittedly, I’m not fine-tuning each console’s settings to be the best they can possibly be. I just set it to 5X upscale and everything looks great to me-definitely better than my Framemeister and on par with my PVM-20M4U.
    For the longest time I was on the fence, but when OSSC 1.6 came with HDMI and integrated audio into the HDMI signal, I went for it and I'm glad I did. Maybe it's us EU folks who are lucky with SCART and general RGB support, because I have almost zero issues, and like I said in some other thread, I still see TVs with SCART being sold. Not the top brands, but still.

    Speaking of Taito F3, for me it works via SCART. No need for a VGA cable. It takes a few tries for the OSSC to lock in the signal, but with post and pre coast set to 4 it does work. The only downside is a minor image distortion in the upper area of the screen. 1cm of the image is warped to the right. Apparently, there's a full-proof method to get it to work perfectly, but it requires a HAS supergun.

    Anyway, I'm yet to experience any issues with the OSSC, other than the well known F3 sync difficulties. It works with all of my displays and all of my consoles capable of RGB output, as well as all of the arcade boards and systems I have tried thus far. I couldn't be more pleased with that product.

    I'm planning on modding my Super Famicom Jr with Voultar's RGB board [if I'll ever be able to get one, since he despises his customers and their money, as well as getting a positive word of mouth going] and running that via the OSSC. Real hardware, HDMI output and only for the cost of the board, plus some work I'll do myself. Why would I ever want to buy a FPGA clone?

    Having said that, I do realize this is as good as it gets when it comes to clone consoles. It's a modern solution for people who completely missed the buss. But, this is a forum where many users collect arcade hardware and have the technical know-how to know what's what when it comes to output signals. Many own Framemeisters as well. If someone with a RGB capable SNES and a Framemeister or an OSSC buys this, it's probably mainly because they can afford it and they are curious about it.

    RGB plus scaling is where it's at for me. Once it's impossible to get original hardware and FPGA clones will be competitively priced, I'll probably go for it, but right now? Nah ...

  24. #274
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by 90s View Post
    This is how I feel about this subject as well. I don't see why anyone would want to play games and consoles originally designed for CRTs on HD TVs, especially if it is more cost effective, and authentic, to play them the way they were designed to be played. Thats just my opinion though; we don't all approach this hobby the same way.

    I do agree with something VBA said though; even if you go the CRT route, you can still be constantly changing/upgrading/modding/spending money to get the best set up possible. I have found this to be the case since going the RGB route.
    You don't see why anyone would want to play old games designed for crt on a hdtv? It's easy, the same reason we don't want to watch VHS cassettes on old VCRs on a crt and rather watch via digital or blu-ray on a HDTV. I mean, why wouldn't you want to enjoy your old school games on a massive beautiful hdtv? This is a FPGA clone console designed to play on Newer High Def Sets. It looks like a great plug and play solution. Some people don't want to let go of the past and that's fine but alot of people here have moved on to the OSSC because they don't want to play on smaller bulky crt's.

    All this talk about the OSSC makes me want to get one. Maybe I'll pick one up and see how it go's.

    As Far as TV's go. It's not a matter of being able to afford a new TV. I understand that I could probably get a good 4k TV for a decent price but I don't have any 4k Tech to go with that 4k HDTV so why buy a new TV just because it's new and it's 4k. I purchased a Dell U3011 PC Monitor back in 2013 when it was brand new and paid over $1K for it. There are monitors now that are much cheaper, bigger, and superior quality but I like this monitor and I'm not upgrading just because. When I feel it's time I'll go ahead and upgrade but I don't see a need for it.
    Last edited by RAZO; 02-14-2018 at 08:26 AM.

  25. #275
    Chin's Drinking Partner
    ggallegos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    You don't see why anyone would want to play old games All this talk about the OSSC makes me want to get one. Maybe I'll pick one up and see how it go's.
    I picked one up and its incredible. Much easier to use than the Framemeister. The only issue I ran into was that it didn't want to play nice with my gaming TV and my MVS via supergun, but that was solved by switchingnto a newer TV. That tv is older so it was due for an upgrade anyhow.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •