Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Analogue Super Nt

Neo*Geomancer
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    A fine theory, if it was reflected in reality. I don't know anyone who willingly goes with a 40" or smaller LCD TV, everyone goes 60" - 70" or even bigger, yet they still say CRTs are heavy and space consuming. Uh huh, and a giant LCD TV isn't?
    My 65" Samsung LED weighs less then a 20" PVM, and hangs on a wall, taking up zero floor space. I still prefer a CRT for.older consoles, but you can't fault people for not wanting an outdated style TV in they're living room. If you have a dedicated game room, then there is no reason you can't have a small crt in there.

Sho's Rival
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    A fine theory, if it was reflected in reality. I don't know anyone who willingly goes with a 40" or smaller LCD TV, everyone goes 60" - 70" or even bigger, yet they still say CRTs are heavy and space consuming. Uh huh, and a giant LCD TV isn't?
    Well, now you know atleast 1 person. I bought a 40" to replace my 32" CRT about 2 years ago.

While I cant argue that a 60" - 70" LCD isnt big and heavy. I can argue that there can still be a space benefit. For example, behind my setup I have a scart switch, a decent size powertap, and stereo speakers. With the old 32" CRT I might have been able to fit the stereo speakers on the sides due to the shorter width, but the scart switch and power tap would for sure have to be relocated somewhere else.

Last edited by Niko; 02-08-2018 at 06:59 PM.

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Yeah it can be tough to find a decent stand, especially if you have a 30" or larger CRT. Basically any of the new ones made these days won't cut it, you have to either build your own or find a used one that was actually made in the CRT era for it to withstand the size/weight.
    Craigslist or CL knock off is the best bet to find a TV stand for a CRT. It took me a few days but I was able to get a nice sturdy stand that comfortably supports an XM29 and XM37, which weigh a combined 358 lbs

Also, Niko...you should free up some more space by shipping me that Windy
    Last edited by wyo; 02-09-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Belnar Institute Student
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    100 pounds really isn't heavy unless you are a girly man. What people should be complaining about in regards to crts is not the weight, but finding a decent stand for them. I had to build a custom one for mine.

I like how not even ten years ago people had space for CRTs, but nowadays its like some feng shui epidemic hit everyone and we need dat glossy super sleek flat panel.
    I got a stand that works just fine for 4 bucks at my local goodwill, for my fucking monster CRT I bought for lightgun games, and the goodwill had like 4 or 5 stands that would have done the trick too

B. Jenet's Firstmate
    DigitalFoundry Review is up, starts around 9:30.

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.
    Looks like a nice little system. I'm way past the point of giving a shit about carts these days but if I wasn't and I didn't want to muck around with CRT's I would get one of these for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Yea, so far this looks like the best way for people to enjoy the Snes on a HDTV. Very Low Lag (lower lag than Snes Classic) , High Video Quality, Great Sound, No Need For a upscaler like OSSC and Framemeister, plays Flash Carts, and it's not that pricey.

Somewhere in Europe.

This looks pretty decent as a console, but unfortunately for Analogue, if you already own a RGB capable SNES and a upscaling device, you don't need this at all. I'd much rather connect all of my consoles and arcade boards capable of RGB output to a single OSSC instead of buying HDMI capable clones. I know that getting a RGB signal often involves modding, but that's still cheaper than a whole new console, and the upscaler is only bought once. I'm sure this thing will find many fans, but it's clearly not for me.

The Wonder Years
    Odds of it going on sale in 2018? Black Friday perhaps? Did the NES NT ever go on sale? I would pick one up if it were closer to 120-150. No rush right now but damn playing on my 60 inch HDTV would be hella nice as compared to my 27 inch CRT.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    This looks pretty decent as a console, but unfortunately for Analogue, if you already own a RGB capable SNES and a upscaling device, you don't need this at all. I'd much rather connect all of my consoles and arcade boards capable of RGB output to a single OSSC instead of buying HDMI capable clones. I know that getting a RGB signal often involves modding, but that's still cheaper than a whole new console, and the upscaler is only bought once. I'm sure this thing will find many fans, but it's clearly not for me.
    I have a rgb capable device and crt monitors but no bigger than 20 inch. 20 inch is great, even playing on my 13 inch bvm is nice but the ability to play on my 50 inch HDTV is a whole different animal. I'm still not sold on the OSSC or any upscalers for that matter. Eventually I want to have a direct HDMI solution for all my favorite platforms and ditch crt's all together. A Sega Genesis fpga clone console would be nice as well.

Ive owned every kind of broadcast monitor. For years Ive been modding consoles, buying every new up upscaler, messing with scart and scart switches, constantly buying scart cables, bnc cables, upgrading cables, upgrading switches, hunting for the versions of consoles that output better rgb, modding more consoles. endless adjustments and troubleshooting, dicking with sync...

Im sick to death of it, RGB is a jerry rigged standard at best and Im over it. Let it all burn. FPGA and HDMI are the way forward. Im not a collector, I want to play games, I use everdrives, now Im feel stuck collecting a never ending stream of shit to run a decent RGB setup.

I love the band wagoning against the super nt on this forum, most of you talking shit will be scrambling to get your hands on one of these now. I love how people who are so fast to buy an SS3 and defend it even though it was obviously released unfinished with its sync issues. No ones brought up its lack HDMI even though its an obvious feature missing given that its fpga based. Not to mention the $300 price tag, instead you doubt kevtris even though he has an amazing track record. You bitch about spending the extra money on shipping even though youve wasted countless hundreds on all the shit to support scart and most also spend stupid money on pcb/s. This super nt is the way forward, its a bargain, and a breakthrough and I feel sorry for all of you that dont get that.

Friend me on Facebook!
    I don't understand the endless pursuit to get a slightly better image either. I am rocking 2 CRTs I picked up for free (one from the curb) with component inputs. I bought some HD Retrovision component cables for Genesis/SNES and they look wonderful. If not for that, I would have considered the Analogue Super NT. I rather play PS4 on my HDTV and my old stuff on CRT.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronbadass View Post
    You bitch about spending the extra money on shipping even though youve wasted countless hundreds on all the shit to support scart and most also spend stupid money on pcb/s. This super nt is the way forward, its a bargain, and a breakthrough and I feel sorry for all of you that dont get that.
    I would order one today if it weren't for the shipping - I agree, that I've spent more money on dumber things, but to just ACCEPT $40 to ship something like that is a line I can't cross...only exacerbated by their refusal to answer emails about it.

Sho's Rival
    Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    I would order one today if it weren't for the shipping - I agree, that I've spent more money on dumber things, but to just ACCEPT $40 to ship something like that is a line I can't cross...only exacerbated by their refusal to answer emails about it.
    They outsourced the shipping and handling to another company, So thats why its so high. The cost of what Analogue would have had to pay, is being passed onto the buyers. Kind of a shitty move, but the unit is well worth the $230 ( $189 + $40 shipping ).

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Ive owned every kind of broadcast monitor. For years Ive been modding consoles, buying every new up upscaler, messing with scart and scart switches, constantly buying scart cables, bnc cables, upgrading cables, upgrading switches, hunting for the versions of consoles that output better rgb, modding more consoles. endless adjustments and troubleshooting, dicking with sync...

Im sick to death of it, RGB is a jerry rigged standard at best and Im over it. Let it all burn. FPGA and HDMI are the way forward. Im not a collector, I want to play games, I use everdrives, now Im feel stuck collecting a never ending stream of shit to run a decent RGB setup.

Yea, I think the only solution for playing a old school platform on a modern television is building it from the ground up with new technology. Trying to take old hardware and modify it to run on new tech always has it's issues even when using fancy upscalers.

I still love the way old consoles look on my Crt's via rgb but I would prefer to enjoy these older games on my regular TV and like you mentioned, I've had my share of headaches with upscalers and want to avoid them if possible. I rather just play emulators on my pc at that point versus dealing with some upscaler
    Last edited by RAZO; 02-12-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    but the unit is well worth the $230 ( $189 + $40 shipping ).
    That does seem to be the consensus - Just trying to decide if I care enough. My SFC + Framemeister is anything but lacking. But I do love the new and shiny things as well.

Formerly NeoGeeO

Collaborator
    After buying shit off YAJ and eating EMS shipping costs, I have accepted the cost to get my goods to my doorstep. I am speaking as someone who only payed $25 for shipping, but $40 wouldn't have put me off enough to not own this console. It's not some shoddy product, it feels like it went though lots of testing and I have been putting hours in since it showed up on launch day. I guess I cut shipping costs some slack, since the price of the console is reasonable.

but to just ACCEPT $40 to ship something like that is a line I can't cross
    Yahoo japan and proxy much?

Mr. Big's Thug
    Would probably buy one if I had a snes collection. Higan does the job for me plus it has save states.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.
    Yahoo japan and proxy much?
    I know! hahah but at least with that I can go "$5 goes to buyee + double shipping" there is a logic involved [itemized even] and not just me being a "retro game player" who is cool with forking over money just because. It just sets a bad precedent, that's all. I know I am in the minority - I just wish more people went "whoah, what the fuck is up with your shipping calculator?"...but instead I saw "All preorders are sold out"...I'm clearly not on the winning team here hahah

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    I put two in my cart for shits and giggles and shipping was still $40. Probably the same shipping for 3 units. Go Halfs with someone local. Just an Idea I guess.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Would probably buy one if I had a snes collection. Higan does the job for me plus it has save states.
    It plays flash carts as well. Just saying

Playa' From
    Around The Way.
    Has anyone received theirs yet?

Looking at pics on the gram have me wishing I ordered the classic colorway.
    Last edited by Lukejaywalker23; 02-12-2018 at 12:41 PM.

yes

Formerly NeoGeeO

Collaborator
    Got mine on launch day, said it shipped out of Nevada and I am in Cali so makes sense why it showed up so fast.

Thread Information