Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Analogue Super Nt

NEST Puppet

Analogue Super Nt

What do you guys think? I'm guessing Kevtris was contracted for development since he was behind Nt mini. Interestingly enough it doesn't mention support for EverDrive so wondering about this.

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

More like the analogue super turd.

Also lol no emulation, the FPGA is emulating what a SNES will do.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 10-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

Robert Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    More like the analogue super turd.

Also lol no emulation, the FPGA is emulating what a SNES will do.
    Can't risk the danger of those thermal cycles on your original equipment......
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

NAM-75 Vet

$190. Add $40 for one wireless pad. Is that right?

It claims that it is outputting 48khz sound. Pretty amazing considering the SPC only output 32khz.

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    It claims that it is outputting 48khz sound. Pretty amazing considering the SPC only output 32khz.
    16 bonus kilohertz, for extra-special super duper sound.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

Crawley's Sergeant

To be fair, I do like the skeleton colorway.

Edit: I wonder if they've been sitting on this for months waiting to cash in on the SNES Classic hype.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Could it play everdrives?

OxiuqVer

This thing was programmed by Kevtris, who did the Nt Mini.

The Mini Nt is amazing.

This will also be amazing...instant purchase.

Won't matter if it plays Everdrives, kevtris jailbroke the NT..it runs roms off of SD card. This will too.

most likely he will add all the cores he added to the Nt to this as well..so it will run everything from Atari 2600 to colecovision to NES to master system to Gameboy, etc.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/16/1...tendo-analogue
    Last edited by RevQuixo; 10-16-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Neo Bubble Buster

*Add to cart*

Instant pre-order.

Well, an FPGA-based system is not really an emulation but can have some of its drawbacks, depending on which tools have been used for the functional simulation and timing.

$189.99... let's see how many they sell for that price.
    Check out my new tracks:

Kleines Licht | stage2.TS0401 | Bleepliebe | d-Unit 77 (Rev2) | x.1103 | Nix Verbaut | Slutty Atom | Fanfare | Weg | Transformator

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

Nerdygrrl's Boy Toy

I think christoph is a massive shithead and will not support anything he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by RevQuixo View Post
    Won't matter if it plays Everdrives, kevtris jailbroke the NT..it runs roms off of SD card. This will too.
    I wonder if it will play all the different Super FX games though - the Everdrive won't do all of those, will it? -- That's what has stopped me from getting the Everdrive...even if there's only maybe 10 of those games I would ever play I want a complete solution.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    that.
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph View Post
    Is there no moderation, anywhere on this entire site?

I think it's cool that these can be made now. I guess I don't really understand what's wrong with original hardware. It's not like Super Nintendos are rare or dying left and right. For the price of one of these fancy aftermarket systems or two you can just get an upscaler for all your systems to play in 1080p. And then you'll never have to consider accuracy.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I wonder if it will play all the different Super FX games though - the Everdrive won't do all of those, will it? -- That's what has stopped me from getting the Everdrive...even if there's only maybe 10 of those games I would ever play I want a complete solution.
    Ok, so your reasoning for not getting a everdrive is for the maybe 5 good superfx games it can't play? Bollocks

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
    Am Heimcomputer sitz' ich hier... programmier' die Zukunft mir...

$189 for this thing is a pretty fair price. When I first saw the announcement I assumed it would be another $500 console. But...

Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    $189 for this thing is a pretty fair price. When I first saw the announcement I assumed it would be another $500 console. But...
    Same here. I assumed the case would be chiseled out of a block of quartz or some such nonsense. Looks nice. I imagine there is a market for a product like this, but that market isn't me.

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'

I think I'm good with my RGB SNES JR and my PVM. On top of that I already have a SNES mini.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

Sakura's Bank Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I think it's cool that these can be made now. I guess I don't really understand what's wrong with original hardware. It's not like Super Nintendos are rare or dying left and right. For the price of one of these fancy aftermarket systems or two you can just get an upscaler for all your systems to play in 1080p. And then you'll never have to consider accuracy.
    Well there is also the task of getting the right cables, and hitting the optimal settings for each system. Upscaling still has it's drawbacks, especially for the SNES. For the XRGB mini, you'll have input lag due to frame buffering, as well as handshaking drop-outs whenever the SNES switches to a different res mode for certain games. For the OSSC you reduce the lag, but it still has drop-out issues with the mode switching.

It is annoying that you have to pause the game while playing and wait for the handshaking to finish and get your image back. But the SNES in general is a PITA to upscale overall.

I'd rather original hardware in general, on CRT when I can. But this doesn't look too bad of a solution for something plug-n-play, I just wish the first 1080p FPGA solution for this wasn't from Anal-ogue. But considering price, it's not far off from something like the RetroUSB AVS for NES games, and that system is pretty tits.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    Ok, so your reasoning for not getting a everdrive is for the maybe 5 good superfx games it can't play? Bollocks
    More like 2. Yoshi's Island and Starfox are the only decent SuperFX games. Might as well just buy those two carts and Everdrive the rest of the library.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    They arent rare but the yellowing makes the plastic very brittle not to mention they look like shit. A big chunk of yellowed plastic recently broke off mine. The original SNES looks pretty shitty in general. These look much better and $189 isnt a horrible price, almost the same as a retro USB. By the time you buy an RGB cable and upscaler you'll be spending close to the same amount with an original unit. This combined with an everdrive would be a pretty sweet SNES set up. Im surprised Analogue released a product that isnt stupidly priced and made out of pretentious materials.
    The Offensive Orgy Mode!!!

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by itsofrustratin View Post
    They arent rare but the yellowing makes the plastic very brittle not to mention they look like shit. A big chunk of yellowed plastic recently broke off mine. The original SNES looks pretty shitty in general. These look much better and $189 isnt a horrible price, almost the same as a retro USB. By the time you buy an RGB cable and upscaler you'll be spending close to the same amount with an original unit. This combined with an everdrive would be a pretty sweet SNES set up. Im surprised Analogue released a product that isnt stupidly priced and made out of pretentious materials.
    If you're not using an original CPU/PPU, nor an original ROM, nor a real 240-line display, what's the point here? Just download an emulator.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    If you're not using an original CPU/PPU, nor an original ROM, nor a real 240-line display, what's the point here? Just download an emulator.
    But...but...you can't display an emulator to your "friends" online.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by opt2not View Post

More like 2. Yoshi's Island and Starfox are the only decent SuperFX games. Might as well just buy those two carts and Everdrive the rest of the library.
    Exactly. Starfox is one of the most common Snes games and you should be able to find it easily under $10. I personally don't like Starfox, tried playing it and it just wasn't my cup of Tea. Never understood the whole Starfox hype. I guess it was a big deal back in the days since it was one of the first 3d games but to me I just see a bunch of slow moving ugly squares on the screen.

So to me, all you need is a Everdrive, Yoshi's Island, and the Kirby Games and your set.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    I think I'm good with my RGB SNES JR and my PVM. On top of that I already have a SNES mini.
    This guy gets it.
    Last edited by RAZO; 10-16-2017 at 07:28 PM.

NEST Puppet

This isn't all that crazy to me. It's about the same price at Retro USB's AVS, and if it is indeed FPGA-based and is compatible with Everdrives, it's a reasonable solution to getting a legit SNES experience on an HDTV. I hear the argument with upscalers, but some of us don't want to deal with the hassle of finding one and then setting it up properly. This is a simple solution with little to no compromise.

Thread Information