Complete or loose?

• Complete in box

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Loosey goosey

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
.....both are clawing at a full set within the last couple of years - not “25 years ago”.

I fkin wish. I have about 50 at last count, more on order. Not aiming for a full set, just the titles that made me hard way back when. And some cheapies when I'm lucky.

wyo can carry on being an elitist coont :p

You won't be disappointed! I got that book a few months ago, and it is fantastic! There is just enough info about each title and history behind the art/artist itself/themselves, and the production values of the book are on point to where you could have a classy dinner party and have this book out on the coffee table; it's that visually accessible.

+1 awesome book, though mine has some pages stuck together now. Not sure about teh dinner party, sounds far too fukin social for me

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
I have to agree with this. I still have all my original nes carts in boxes with everything inside when my parents bought the few games I had, new.

Its a deeper level of respect for what little you have.

I'm with you.

I also remember how bitd I was visiting my grandparents for quite long periods (15-20 days) and I couldn't carry Snes/MD.
They bought for me some games and I could memorize magazines and manuals in the long waiting for the real play.

Odd translations on SMS were amusing.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I fkin wish. I have about 50 at last count, more on order. Not aiming for a full set, just the titles that made me hard way back when. And some cheapies when I'm lucky.

wyo can carry on being an elitist coont :p

Shut up n00b, no one asked you.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
giphy.gif

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I usually buy whatever I'm looking for on the cheap when I find it. Just really want to play the game. If it comes with extras, good.

And the games I managed to acquire in new condition when I was a kid are still in fantastic shape, game boy and all.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Personally it depends on the the packaging it came in. If it came in a cardboard box I don't care. If it came in a plastic case I would prefer it to be with the case. I really don't care about things like the bags with the manuals, warranty cards or the stickers that held the box closed.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Collecting loose games is retarded. If you're not going to collect something for completeness and you just want to play it there are tons of ways to play the game without spending big money on a real game.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Collecting loose games is retarded. If you're not going to collect something for completeness and you just want to play it there are tons of ways to play the game without spending big money on a real game.

This guy FUCKS!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

You think that collecting loose carts is spending "big money", but you spend more money amassing cardboard and paper in your house.

Oh, sorry. I meant "investing" more money. :thevt:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Collecting complete games is retarded. If you're not going to collect something for displaying it and you just want to play it there are tons of ways to display the game without spending big money on real cardboard.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty much on par with everyone here about loose games. However my one vice is obviously Gamecube software. I prefer to buy any games on that system complete with box and manual. It's not hard to collect for the cube these days seeing as most people kept those titles complete. Outside of a select few titles, I have almost every cube game I would care to own.

Last edited:

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'm pretty much on par with everyone here about loose games. However my one vice is obviously Gamecube software. I prefer to buy any games on that system complete with box and manual. It's not hard to collect for the cube these days seeing as most people kept those titles complete. Outside of a select few titles, I have almost every cube game I would care to own.

Seriously curious - why gamecube?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The moment you realise you don't give a shit about a complete game = wow I'm not a fucking retard anymore.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Mind elaborating?

That deserves it's own thread: Nintendo Console ranking

On the topic of loose vs complete, I mainly go after complete games but for cardboard boxed titles I generally get them loose. If I do have complete cardboard games I tend to take them out of the box and leave them out so as to not disturb the fragile box.