• Complete in box

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Loosey goosey

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It's Nintendo's second best system after the N64.

With the amount of support and success the Switch has going, I hope to see it surpass everything that they've released so far. The huge amount of 3rd party support has me really happy about this seeing as it's been years since Nintendo really let game devs create what they want for a system. It's funny but right now I'm seeing Nintendo competing with itself right now for GotY with Zelda Breath of the Wild & Mario Odyssey.

Don't worry, you're still a retarded roo fucker.

Yeah that was a pretty dumb thing to say but I don't think that his choice of words was how he meant it.

That deserves it's own thread: Nintendo Console ranking

It might but I'm not gonna bother to make a thread. The thing is right now a thread like that would end in only a few ways being, NES, SNES > All and then that would be it.

The Nintendo 64 & Gamecube are systems that had a lot of great stuff even it was hampered by lack of solid 3rd party support for the most part.

Generally tho I would say right now that the Switch shouldn't even deserve to be compared to the older consoles because it's too new. However, I'll be damned if the system doesn't have some top quality titles for it already out of the gate before it's even a year old. Keep the momentum going Nintendo. You just might finally get rid of that stupid kiddy system stigma you've been stuck with all these fucking years.

Last edited:

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
The sexiest loose is and forever will be MVS. Minimalism pays off.

I reckon MVS is the way forward for me. Prices far more attractive than AES. Some bargains can still be had.

Been looking at an Omega but still showing out of stock on Arcadeworks

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I reckon MVS is the way forward for me. Prices far more attractive than AES. Some bargains can still be had.
How long did it take you to realize that MVS is cheaper than AES?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

The internet is not sending us the best and the brightest. 2013 was the cutoff for quality noobs.

joala

This long...

giphy.gif

The internet is not sending us the best and the brightest. 2013 was the cutoff for quality noobs.

I'm trying boss...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

Try 2009, All the collectards and tryhards started showing up in 2010.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I had to look that "tryhard" thing up.

Someone who tries too hard to fit in. Easy to spot online because of their constant use of trendy internet slang such as "fail", "cool story bro", and "tryhard".

Amirite?

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
For some systems like the NES, SNES & N64...I usually go loose. If I can find something CIB, I might grab it at the right price, but otherwise, meh. Same way with my MVS...I have a few kits, but I don't go after them. They've mostly all come in lots (and might even sell my kits to buy loose later.) Even TG16 I go loose mostly. (Mostly because of cost reasons there, though.)

Genesis...I have a weird obsession of wanting them in the case with manual. Thought I'd always done it with my old Genesis games, but must have dumped some of them at some point.

Anything CD based, I have a VERY strong preference to it being in a case, even if it's a bit banged up. Just don't like pulling them in and out of sleeves.

And as for systems, definitely loose, though I do want to complete my Gold N64. Got a bit lucky on getting one with the box, most if not all the papers and even a good bit of the old plastic wrap, but no Styrofoam or the cardboard for the extra controller, so I'm pretty damn close there. Just one of those lucky local finds.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hello, my name is xsq. I am an NGPC loose cart collectard. [Halp?]

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I could imagine that some collector could make a recessed floor with some sort of plexiglass that you walk on, and all those boxed games underneath.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
For me, it depends on the type of game or what generation of system it is.

CD, I prefer CIB. Carts, I usually don't mind loose if it's an older system where they had cardboard boxes. Carts that came in plastic cases I prefer to have CIB though.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Personally for older stuff I prefer CIB or at least CB. But some games have become financially unattainable complete and in those cases I am just fine with cart only and maybe at some point I will find a box for it down the road..if not oh well. As far as reg. cards etc.. I could give a shit. Box and cart is good enough for me, if it has a manual even better. Doesn't have to be perfect, but not rocked either. Im not really sure why I really prefer CIB/CB... I can say for sure It has nothing to do with showing off or status, I never have posted a picture of my collection or anything I have bought.

fdasta0079

n00b
I don't usually care either way, but I'll snap up CIB stuff if I find it for a good price. The only CIB game I've intentionally sought out was a complete copy of Blast Corps, for pure nostalgia reasons.

joala

I guis I iz loose collectard tryhard, cool story bro?

20171117_165845.jpg