Taito F3 and Tototek PS Controller converter

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I've noticed a weird issue with Taito F3 and ToToTek's Neo to PlayStation controller converter. I'm also using Vogatek MKIV supergun.

The issue appears in the test mode menu, where the "cursor" will cycle rapidly through the options, going upwards. I can stop it for a second by using directions on the controller, but after that it keeps going. This makes impossible to change any settings.

Unplugging ToToTek's controller converter from the supergun stops the rapid cycling, which would mean F3 doesn't like it.

This does not happen in games. Directions and buttons work fine. The game I've encountered this with was Kirameki Star Road.

I know that it's highly unlikely for someone to be using the same combination of devices, but I was wondering if maybe is a known issue. As in F3 doing this if certain criteria are met.

Thus far, I haven't had issues with the controller converter, and I've been using it with dedicated boards, JVS via Capcom I/O, Neo Geo, CPS3, you name it. No issues whatsoever. Why would it be acting up in F3's test menu?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the sensor(spinner)/joystick jumper on the F3. Other than that you would almost want to logic probe the direction pins at the JAMMA edge to see what signals are being sent (what pins are hi/lo/pulsing if applicable). Sometimes you can get away using a voltmeter for this, just normal DC voltage setting, leave the black probe on ground and check the input pins to see what they measure.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the sensor(spinner)/joystick jumper on the F3.

That's the one! Thanks a lot for the help. It must have been set to sensor when I got it. The jumper is so small, I didn't even notice it was there, so it wasn't me who changed that setting. Plus, like I said, I've never had any issues in games. Thanks again!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
It's always an easy fix when it's someone else's board :P have fun!