Fast And Fourier by Rebels & Neural - Neo Geo Pocket

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I could have posted this in the Neo Geo Pocket section, but I figured it's more appropriate to have it among the homebrew projects. So ...

00071914.jpg

mic, hitchhikr and RushJet1 put together world's first proper Neo Geo Pocket demo, complete with several effects and music.

They even claim that title in their scroller, and rightfully so, since all other NGP scene offerings have been made for the Color, and there's only about five of them, including two versions of one single screen demo, a jukebox player and a cracktro. The rest are Thor's homebrew projects.

If you don't like reading through the lengthy scroller, which gives a bunch of technical details on the NGP, you can look it up in the ROM file, since it's plaintext.

Fast And Fourier by Rebels & Neural

If you don't have the ability to run it on real hardware, the creators suggest mednafen, but I can confirm it works just fine on Neo Pop under Windows.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'd imagine if run on a real NGP, the awful screen would obscure all those visual effects with that heavy motion blur.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I'd imagine if run on a real NGP, the awful screen would obscure all those visual effects with that heavy motion blur.

You could always run it on the Color for an enhanced experience without ghosting. Besides, looking at the effects, it's not anything that the ghosting would totally destroy, so it's watchable even on the mono.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
That's pretty cool, I don't have a B&W, but I do miss the old console demo scene days.