How do say SNES?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's it, nintendo, Super Nintendo and nintendo 64. GameCube and after have no need for "nintendo".

I mean, call it what you want, shows straight up who is who.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The way to say SNES is: "Yellow Top, Grey Bottom".

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Uncle Snesster?
Superness?
Snessly Crunch?
Esss-nesss?
Sness and em?

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Although I know the real way is S N E S .....I do occasionally say SNES and when I owned the original i use to call it SUPER NES

Last edited:

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
It's called a Super Nintendo. When you're typing to save time, SNES is just fine. I can't think of a time in my life where I'll need to save time while talking by saying SNES or how some people call it SNEEZZZZZ.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm sorry, what is this N64 people keep mentioning?
I'm only aware of the Ultra 64

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Not sure what you lot call it over the pond but the SNES has always been spoken as “SNEZ” over here and the NES has always been “NEZ”.

Lets face it, S-N-E-S does not exactly roll off the tongue does it?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Not sure what you lot call it over the pond but the SNES has always been spoken as “SNEZ” over here and the NES has always been “NEZ”.

Lets face it, S-N-E-S does not exactly roll off the tongue does it?

I think I responded to this a year ago...

The original NES is often called the N-E-S or just plain "Nintendo", can't recall anyone calling it the nesss.

The Super Nintendo is just that, the Super Nintendo. I've heard others call it the snesss but never the S-N-E-S.

The Nintendo 64 is just that, the Nintendo-sixty-four. I've never heard it called anything else.

The GameCube, Wii....same thing, called it's proper name.

Before the Playstation 3? It was the Playstation or Playstation 2...now, all I ever hear is PS1, PS2, PS3, or PS4.

The XBox? I can't recall I the last time I heard someone reference the original (or now the 360 for that matter). Any time anyone I hear mention the "XBox" they're referring to the current model.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

The original NES is often called the N-E-S or just plain "Nintendo", can't recall anyone calling it the nesss.

The Super Nintendo is just that, the Super Nintendo. I've heard others call it the snesss but never the S-N-E-S.

The Nintendo 64 is just that, the Nintendo-sixty-four. I've never heard it called anything else.

Before the Playstation 3? It was the Playstation or Playstation 2...now, all I ever hear is PS1, PS2, PS3, or PS4.

i've actually heard people call them by all those names. heard people call the nes by the names N-E-S, nintendo and nesss. heard the snes be called super nintendo, the sness/snezz and S-N-E-S.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior

The XBox? I can't recall I the last time I heard someone reference the original (or now the 360 for that matter). Any time anyone I hear mention the "XBox" they're referring to the current model.

Well ever since I was a kid and the NES was still for sale it was called the “NEZ”, Then the “SNEZ” came along.

Yeah if you were talking about it then you usually referred to it as the Nintendo or the Super Nintendo to start with then short handed it to NES or SNES.

The N64 has always been referred to as just that, The N64.

Game Cube and Wii have always been called by their full names, I think abbreviating the GC in convo would be pointless and you cant really abbreviate the Wii.

As for the Playstation’s that was only ever going to go one way after they started numbering them from 2 ono.

Xbox again cant really be abbreviated but it did happen to a extent with the 360.
As for the new one I have no Idea I am to old and un-cool to know the modern slang for games consoles.

If I stand around in game shops kids look at me and say shit like “Hey Mr why dont you buy this for your son? Its really good”

To which my usual reply is “Fuck off I dont have no kids this is for me!”

Cheeky bastards.....

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
As a interesting side note, The Master System, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast were always referred to by their full names.

I think its something unique to Nintendo 1) Because of the length of the full names and 2) Because they make it easy with their Branding.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
As a interesting side note, The Master System, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast were always referred to by their full names.

I think its something unique to Nintendo 1) Because of the length of the full names and 2) Because they make it easy with their Branding.

That's true, game gear too.

I've often seen people here (murcans) refer to the master system as the SMS, is that just when written, or spoken too?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
That's true, game gear too.

I've often seen people here (murcans) refer to the master system as the SMS, is that just when written, or spoken too?

Yeah I have seen people write SMS but never heard it spoken.

I to would be interested to hear the answer to that one :p

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I only knew one kid who had a Master System...and he called it that.

Genesis was just that, the Sega CD was the same.

After that...funny enough, I didn't know a single Saturn owner. The Dreamcast was it's proper name.

I knew one kid who had a Turbo Grafx 16, called it the "Turbo grafx".

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Must have been a fucken immigrant.

True story? Kid lived alone with his mother, about a year after moving to the little town we all lived in, she killed herself via a car/garage. His extended family moved him elsewhere and tore down the house (I guess it was family owned). Eventually the lot was sold, re-zoned, and turned into a gas station.

Nice kid, too...he and I hung out often.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
True story? Kid lived alone with his mother, about a year after moving to the little town we all lived in, she killed herself via a car/garage. His extended family moved him elsewhere and tore down the house (I guess it was family owned). Eventually the lot was sold, re-zoned, and turned into a gas station.

Nice kid, too...he and I hung out often.

Mum necked herself and he grew up in the states with a SMS. Kid must be messed up now.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

All of this.

Nintendo and Super Nintendo. In fact, I don't think I ever heard anyone refer to the NES as N-E-S until after SNES got released.

And I've never heard anyone say nesss or snesss. Thank fucking Buddha.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Mum necked herself and he grew up in the states with a SMS. Kid must be messed up now.

It really was a sad story. Living in a town of around 2500 people, everyone knew everything. From time to time, I'll think of him and wonder what came of him.

Sadly, that wasn't the only suicide in town. Another kid, that I still know to this day, had his father commit suicide when we were in Jr High. He had taped a bag around his head and his son found him dead on the floor when he got home from school. A few years later he told us all that his mother had been seeing another man and was going to leave his father.

He had a ton of support form not only us at school, but the small community as well, he managed quite well thanks to all of that support. To this day, he is in a fairly good place. Has a son of his own and that I can tell, is living a happy life.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I always thought the Nintendo 64 was prounouned the Nintendo Six Four :scratch:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
S-N-E-S, Super N-E-S, or Super Nintendo.

Nintendo, or N-E-S right after the SNES came out.

Nessss and snesss is used by the current generation of autistic faggots that think they're better than everyone else.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
SuperNES, Super EN EE ESS, or ESS EN EE ESS or even SNESS are acceptable. Stop being turds.

As long as you dont pronounce it like some of those youtube jackasses that say "Snez." Fucking morons.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
As long as you dont pronounce it like some of those youtube jackasses that say "Snez." Fucking morons.
You have to give them a pass if they're from the UK. Australians in particular can't help it. And I think z for s at the end of a word is common up around Pittsburgh as well.