How do say SNES?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
He just thinks he's clever with his little references he does all the time, but it does is making him like a pretentious faggot.

I don't think, therefore I ain't, said Green Velvet once. Cameras ready, prepare to flash!

P.S. Waiting for your powerflower reference, Ms. Schiffer ;).

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Had a buddy as an adult call it the sness, but thats new to me.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Had a buddy as an adult call it the sness, but thats new to me.

Same. I don't ever recall hearing "sness" or "snezz" back then. Growing up it was always called a "super nintendo"/"super" for short or just pronounced "ess-any-ess".

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Down here it is either super nintendo or Snes. S N E S is only pronounced by wannabees in their late 20's. I only heard it once, recently when pre-ordering my mini Snes.
In dutch it sounds better than s n e s.
Guess it's what you are used to.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Super Nintendo, everything else is just gay. SNES for typing, done.

Also OP is a massive fag for watching unboxing videos.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Sness is what originally Nintendo nicknamed it in European advertising back in the early 90's. Nintendo called it S N E S in the North America markets. That shit network Tech TV, G4 called it Sness back in the early 2000's so that is why so many Millennials call it Sness.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
snez....

One local guy by me called stuttering John says sneess....
I'm not sure if it's his speech impediment, but it makes me want to strangle him.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ess-En-Eeee-Esssss is how I read it to myself when I see it written on message boards

In real life I would say Super Nintendo or Super S-N-E-S. but I haven't said those words in a long time so even I'm unsure what I would say given the opportunity.

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Ess-En-Eeee-Esssss is how I read it to myself when I see it written on message boards

In real life I would say Super Nintendo or Super S-N-E-S. but I haven't said those words in a long time so even I'm unsure what I would say given the opportunity.

Why would you call it a Super SNES? That's like going to an ATM Machine...dumb

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
There's Nintendo, Super Nintendo, then Fagit Nintendo (N64).

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I'm guessing he meant "Super N-E-S".

Probably made a typo on his personal pc. No biggie.

Regarding the original topic, my guess is that the majority of those who say "sness" do so for regional reasons.

The rest likely come from the camp where video games and youtube idiots are so deeply intertwined where you can't have one without the other. The nerds they watch online say it, so now they do.

I view these people similar to the camp of Americans that type "100$" instead of "$100". They're just scripting from the internet because it's their primary reference point for everything.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

Not if you were going to an Ass To Mouth Machine

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Always Super Nintendo, or Super for short. SNES never.

Was always under the impression calling it a "SNESSSS" was an American thing, being entirely honest...

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
SNEZ

Gotta minimise those useless syllables.

S-N-E-S is for masochistic pedants.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I don't. I say Sega Genesis.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Always Super Nintendo, or Super for short. SNES never.

Was always under the impression calling it a "SNESSSS" was an American thing, being entirely honest...

Es el Super Neentendo!

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I don't get annoyed by too many things, especially when it comes to gaming as I feel it should just be a hobby that isn't taken as life or death, but hearing "SNESS" did irk me initially. I have gotten used to it since then, but similar to the "WWE Universe" branding, I will never fully accept it.

Growing up I've always pronounced it either Super Nintendo, Super EN E ESS or ESS EN E ESS... it just depended on my mood at the time. I never knew anybody who called it "SNESS" back in the day... only on YouTube since the early 2010s is when I noticed a handful of people calling it that, and it always bugged me out. Like I said, I've gotten used to it and hey, to each his own. You'll never catch me pronouncing it that way, though.