Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 107

Thread: How do say SNES?

  1. #76
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    10,922
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    In AMERICUH, we called it Cumpooter.

    Not some wacked dang thang like "Breadbox".
    ftfy



    !!

  2. #77
    Crawley's Sergeant

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    He just thinks he's clever with his little references he does all the time, but it does is making him like a pretentious faggot.
    I don't think, therefore I ain't, said Green Velvet once. Cameras ready, prepare to flash!

    P.S. Waiting for your powerflower reference, Ms. Schiffer ;).

  3. #78
    Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,863
    Had a buddy as an adult call it the sness, but thats new to me.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  4. #79
    Sieger's Squire
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post
    Had a buddy as an adult call it the sness, but thats new to me.
    Same. I don't ever recall hearing "sness" or "snezz" back then. Growing up it was always called a "super nintendo"/"super" for short or just pronounced "ess-any-ess".

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  5. #80
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo

    Posts
    3,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    He's making some stupid reference to the C64 which is sometimes call "Brotkasten" (breadbox) by people who are old and should've died together with the eighties.
    Oh, like Nintendo tapes.

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

  6. #81
    Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.
    fatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dordt!

    Posts
    6,468
    Down here it is either super nintendo or Snes. S N E S is only pronounced by wannabees in their late 20's. I only heard it once, recently when pre-ordering my mini Snes.
    In dutch it sounds better than s n e s.
    Guess it's what you are used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

  7. #82
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Dark Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MASS

    Posts
    21,415
    Super Nintendo, everything else is just gay. SNES for typing, done.

    Also OP is a massive fag for watching unboxing videos.

  8. #83
    Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.
    fatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dordt!

    Posts
    6,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jaguar View Post
    Super Nintendo, everything else is just gay. SNES for typing, done.

    Also OP is a massive fag for watching unboxing videos.
    I also call it a super nintendo, always have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

  9. #84
    Vanguard Pilot
    neo_X7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South, US

    Posts
    3,219
    Sness is what originally Nintendo nicknamed it in European advertising back in the early 90's. Nintendo called it S N E S in the North America markets. That shit network Tech TV, G4 called it Sness back in the early 2000's so that is why so many Millennials call it Sness.

  10. #85
    Stupid Bitch.
    Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Orleans

    Posts
    3,036
    snez....

    One local guy by me called stuttering John says sneess....
    I'm not sure if it's his speech impediment, but it makes me want to strangle him.

  11. #86
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    31,031
    Ess-En-Eeee-Esssss is how I read it to myself when I see it written on message boards

    In real life I would say Super Nintendo or Super S-N-E-S. but I haven't said those words in a long time so even I'm unsure what I would say given the opportunity.
    Last edited by LoneSage; 10-07-2017 at 07:39 AM.

  12. #87
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Ess-En-Eeee-Esssss is how I read it to myself when I see it written on message boards

    In real life I would say Super Nintendo or Super S-N-E-S. but I haven't said those words in a long time so even I'm unsure what I would say given the opportunity.
    Why would you call it a Super SNES? That's like going to an ATM Machine...dumb
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  13. #88
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary

    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    Why would you call it a Super SNES? That's like going to an ATM Machine...dumb
    Well, it is LS we are talking about here, so...
    BATTLE OF THE BABES
    ALLI FLANAGAN vs KELSEY LEWIN

  14. #89
    You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL

    Posts
    4,937
    There's Nintendo, Super Nintendo, then Fagit Nintendo (N64).
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    Non dilated pupils pic=Challenge. I got a hundred dollar cd.

  15. #90
    Kagami's Tailor
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    Why would you call it a Super SNES? That's like going to an ATM Machine...dumb
    I'm guessing he meant "Super N-E-S".

    Probably made a typo on his personal pc. No biggie.

    Regarding the original topic, my guess is that the majority of those who say "sness" do so for regional reasons.

    The rest likely come from the camp where video games and youtube idiots are so deeply intertwined where you can't have one without the other. The nerds they watch online say it, so now they do.

    I view these people similar to the camp of Americans that type "100$" instead of "$100". They're just scripting from the internet because it's their primary reference point for everything.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 10-08-2017 at 01:16 PM.

  16. #91
    All About Shooters Thread Mod. If you fuck with me, I'll step on you.
    Kiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Minnesota

    Posts
    7,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    Why would you call it a Super SNES? That's like going to an ATM Machine...dumb
    Not if you were going to an Ass To Mouth Machine
    instagram: @fullextentofthejam

  17. #92
    Hardened Shock Trooper

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mexico

    Posts
    442
    Always Super Nintendo, or Super for short. SNES never.

    Was always under the impression calling it a "SNESSSS" was an American thing, being entirely honest...
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.

  18. #93
    Over Top Auto Mechanic
    moonwhistle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    1,006
    SNEZ

    Gotta minimise those useless syllables.

    S-N-E-S is for masochistic pedants.

  19. #94
    Cham Cham's Banana
    profholt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Michigan

    Posts
    156
    I don't. I say Sega Genesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Prestige.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo_vr4 View Post
    Worldwide.

  20. #95
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary

    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    I don't. I say Sega Genesis.
    But what happens if you want to talk about good games?
    BATTLE OF THE BABES
    ALLI FLANAGAN vs KELSEY LEWIN

  21. #96
    Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

    Posts
    7,009
    Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    I don't. I say Sega Genesis.
    My nigga.

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    But what happens if you want to talk about good games?
    See above.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.

  22. #97
    ForeverSublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    San Francisco

    Posts
    6,139
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    I view these people similar to the camp of Americans that type "100$" instead of "$100".
    I agree with you %100
    Discounted shipping, even on your forum buy/sell/trade threads. No membership fees.

  23. #98
    Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    I don't. I say Sega Genesis.
    Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  24. #99
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernex View Post
    Always Super Nintendo, or Super for short. SNES never.

    Was always under the impression calling it a "SNESSSS" was an American thing, being entirely honest...
    Es el Super Neentendo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  25. #100
    The Wonder Years
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    3,492
    I don't get annoyed by too many things, especially when it comes to gaming as I feel it should just be a hobby that isn't taken as life or death, but hearing "SNESS" did irk me initially. I have gotten used to it since then, but similar to the "WWE Universe" branding, I will never fully accept it.

    Growing up I've always pronounced it either Super Nintendo, Super EN E ESS or ESS EN E ESS... it just depended on my mood at the time. I never knew anybody who called it "SNESS" back in the day... only on YouTube since the early 2010s is when I noticed a handful of people calling it that, and it always bugged me out. Like I said, I've gotten used to it and hey, to each his own. You'll never catch me pronouncing it that way, though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •