Ms8-28SG

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I have one of these chassis in my Aero. The blue seems far brighter then the red and the green giving me a overpowering blue on everything I play on it. I sent the chassis in for repair and was told that everything was fine, but I'm also being told by folks on other forums that my blue gun seems to be stuck, and that my neckboard needs repair.

To get to he real point of this post, I was given the opportunity to by an MS8-26A fully tested and working chassis. Would that be able to drop.in and replace the current 26SG?

Thanks in advance.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
cant say for sure, but I doubt the replacement would work. You would need to measure yoke, neck connection, screen size. ask around on arcade controls forum though.
Id say this is pretty fixable though. arent there even pots to control the blue drive on these? Its been too many years since I had one.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yaton has a few MS8 chassis up for sale, one of them may be what you're looking for. They're cheap as chips...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
This monitor issue is still not solved. I bought that MS8-26A chassis. When it showed up it was just an MS8-26G. It did display a picture on that tube, though it was still blue. I ended up sending it off to Sharp Image and they repaired the chassis. When I got it back, the tube still had a blue tint.

To solve the problem and move on from this restoration, I ended up buying a new monitor from a Virtua Fighter, which is just an MS8-26SU set to medium res. That chassis was dead, but the MS8-26G that was serviced was a drop in replacement.

So to sum it up. MS8-26G and SU are interchangeable. I've yet to confirm an MS8-26A is even a real chassis. I've been told that the tube I have with the blue tint may be a purity ring issue or a bad rejuve. I'll report back when I get more info.

Also, while none of those MS8 chassis Yaton are selling are the proper ones, he is a fantastic resource for getting a replacement unit. I will say, I have purchased two from him and both, while "working", are not exactly anything to write home about. I'd say they're all pretty much a gaurenteed recap job.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd say they're all pretty much a gaurenteed recap job.

First thing I do is detergent and the hose, oven bake them and then recap. Did this to a 2930 from him recently and it turned out beautifully.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
First thing I do is detergent and the hose, oven bake them and then recap. Did this to a 2930 from him recently and it turned out beautifully.

While Yaton has certain stepped up his packing game, his items still look like they were previously stored in a coal mine.