terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Bride of Reanimator.
Cemetery Man

Slack jawed faggots.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I always find this weird, because I watch horror movies all year round, so cramming them all in to October doesn't appeal to me. But, I love horror movies, so I'm happy to talk about them.

So far this month I have only watched Ghost Town, which is an Empire Pictures film from the late 80s. Pretty fun, but it lost something once the ghosts were just there the whole time.

Some great films so far Terry. Cemetery Man is one of my all time favourites.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, I know. October is special though.

Racked up Hellraiser 1&2 tonight.

Next up Phantasm 2. On a roll this year.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, I know. October is special though.

Racked up Hellraiser 1&2 tonight.

Next up Phantasm 2. On a roll this year.

All great films so far. I really like Phantasm 2, despite it being the most mainstream of the series.

I don't know if it counts, but I've been working through American Horror Story Roanoke this week. After the disappointments of both Freakshow and Hotel, I am really enjoying this series.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
This year I recommend Argento's Giallo flicks. Phenomena, Profondo Rosso, Opera... they're all great. Enjoy!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The House By The Cemetary

Bob is such a little faggot.

I watched Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers.

I need to watch Hatchet (and sequels), it’s been on my “to watch pile” for years.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Bob is such a little faggot.

I watched Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers.

I need to watch Hatchet (and sequels), it’s been on my “to watch pile” for years.

I like movies that end the way HBTC did. I like that uneasy feeling. Silent Hill kid of did that too, with the main characters being dead.

Halloween 4 scared the piss out of me when I was a kid. 5 was meh, and all the ones after it were worse. 1 & 2 still hold up, thank god.

Hatchet was good to watch once. I never bothered with the sequels.

I've always been a HUGE fan of anthologies (creepshow, vault of horror, etc). VHS and ABCs of Death were very good.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is a great thread guys, keep'em coming. I watch Horror movies all year round too but it feels different in October, especially when the weather starts to cool down.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
One pretty obscure horror I watched on Netflix recently was The Similars. I won't go in to the plot, because it would spoil it, but it is a really good time. It's a Mexican film which came out in 2015 but is in the style of an old b movie. It's a lot of fun but also genuinely creepy at times.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Green Inferno, garbage. Try hard shit.

Piranha 3D, this is good garbage. The Descent, also amazing. Descent sequel: doo-doo.

High Tension, Eh, pretty good.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I've always been a HUGE fan of anthologies (creepshow, vault of horror, etc). VHS and ABCs of Death were very good.

You ever watch Trilogy of Terror? I haven't watched it since I was pretty young, but I remember it being pretty cool. It's probably cheesy as fuck now. Also if you're bringing up horror anthologies, you can't forget Tales from the Hood!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
This is a great thread guys, keep'em coming. I watch Horror movies all year round too but it feels different in October, especially when the weather starts to cool down.

In october I watch awful ones.

"Don't Look In The Basement" is terrible.

You ever watch Trilogy of Terror? I haven't watched it since I was pretty young, but I remember it being pretty cool. It's probably cheesy as fuck now. Also if you're bringing up horror anthologies, you can't forget Tales from the Hood!

I have. Very cheesy.

Tales from the Hood was hilariously great. It felt like a long Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony video.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Haven't watched anything yet but I'll do my yearly Trick R Treat (speaking of anthologies) watch at some point. Plus I have It Lives By Night and Cult of Chucky sitting in my queue.

Actually, I just got The Shining in on Blu Ray for cheaps. Maybe I'll pop that in when the wife is out of town.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Dead Alive (Braindead)
Toxic Avenger Pt3 (not really horror)
Childs Play 2

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Recommendations if you need something:
Triangle
Prevenge

Just watched:
The Cure for Wellness - heavy on the tension. a bit long, but i like long.
The Void - go in without reading about it. Was very happy with this one.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Tales from the Darkside the movie and Creepshow always in the October rotation. Trick R Treat also a really good one that ties all the stories together

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It Comes at Night - really good tension throughout, very big on not showing you things. The ending is... interesting. I liked it, overall.

Leatherface - kind of weird to see Tobe Hooper agree to put his name (as a producer, I think it was) on a movie that bastardizes his franchise into a Devil's Rejects knockoff. Has its okay parts, I guess, but bad overall. Ending is really, really stupid.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I like movies that

Agreed. Check out The Willies. It's cheesy shit, but in a good way.

Green Inferno, garbage. Try hard shit.

Piranha 3D, this is good garbage. The Descent, also amazing. Descent sequel: doo-doo.

High Tension, Eh, pretty good.

Eli Roth is a hack. The best thing he did was the Thanksgiving mock trailer for Planet Terror/Death Proof.

Piranha 3D is a shitload of fun. Jerry O'Connel getting his caulk bitten off was class!

Haute Tension is great! Those extreme french movies are intense.

I need to see Frankenstein's Army, I keep hearing great things about this.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Okay, since horror is my favorite genre, this is what I've seen s o far this week and plan on seeing the entire month.

Audition
Shutter
Kairo / Pulse
Frankenstein's Army
Cinderella
Sick Nurses

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
So Far:
It - Pretty good.
The Kevin Bacon one - So '90s.
The Mist - Really not good.

Hoping to Watch:

The Crow
Step Monster
My Step Mom Is an Alien
Get Out
It Comes at Night
Mother!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So far, Hatchet, Cult of Chucky and Leatherface.