Hypernoid

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are you planning on adding a death animation like Arkanoid? It's kind of weird when you die and it doesn't do anything but instantly reappear.

That is the only thing I could find that wasn't to my specific liking. Everything else is looking good dude.

Keep up the good work.

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
Are you planning on adding a death animation like Arkanoid? It's kind of weird when you die and it doesn't do anything but instantly reappear.

That is the only thing I could find that wasn't to my specific liking. Everything else is looking good dude.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Xian Xi, thank you for your suggestion. I have not included this behaviour yet because I always had the feeling that it breaks the game flow too much. But on the other hand you could be right, the penalty of seeing your paddle exploding (and loosing all collected power-ups) is a game element which should be there to make it more important not to loose the ball. I will add this for a test and then check it out. (P.S.: add an upgradable laser cannon is still in my mind)

Last edited:

ni-ten

War Room Troll
New MVS games are always welcome. The more the merrier! Good luck with it NeoHomeBrew.

VGC1612

New Challenger
Thanks a lot for your feedback guys, it is very motivating to read that you like what I have developed so far and that there is some interest in playing the game :)
I will do my best to complete the game in about 6 - 8 months. Currently, I am working on exploding "Bomb Blocks" and on the 5th (final) boss.

I told you that people will like your game,im sure you can sell way more that you think

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
So i'm an idiot. Is there away to burn this for cd to test it out or is this just a wait and see type of thing?

Last edited:

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
Hi, since Hypernoid is still in development it has not been released yet. It is just too early currently, even for a demo version.
I have recorded the videos to show the current development progress and to receive some feedback and improvement suggestions.
Also, the videos demonstrate what could be done on the Neo-Geo system(s) with the C-based dev tools developed by NeoBitz and
HPMAN and I hope that it will inspire other people to start their own homebrew projects.

-SD-

Camel Slug
This looks and sounds absolutely fantastic. It’s an interesting take on the Breakout/Arkanoid formula... nice artwork and I’m really loving the d n’ b soundtrack.

I’d certainly be up for paying for a full AES release, or a download on NeoSD. Either way I really want to have a crack on this, it looks awesome.

Hope the development is going well for you...

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Damn just noticed this very sweet looking game. Keeps up updated man very interested in this.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've been following hypernoid for a while and it looks great. There are some vids on youtube of the development which are very interesting for a dev. Good luck, can't wait to see the finished project!

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Wow! I love how the style really fits the style of graphics of neogeo game. The presentation feels 100% legit.

how many levels do you have planned so far? A nice option would be a "endless chaos" mode where you play randomly generated levels one after the other. It's something that's missing from those type of games.

I'd buy a mvs copy!

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
This looks amazing. Please keep us updated on your progress! I definitely want to play this.

Looks good. A nice successor to the arkanoid series. The system could have used more of those.

I’m gonna keep tabs on this one.

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
Hi,

Thank you for all the positive feedback and suggestions, it has motivated me a lot :buttrock:

I know, I have been quit for a while, some real-life stuff has slow downed the progress on Hyperniod. But currently I have much more time for the project and plan the complete the development in the next months.

If you have any suggestions please let me know. Here is a gameplay video of the current status of the game:

Built a spinner controller with the neogeohomebrew pcb. Used an old cigar box, 24mm buttons, turbotwist 2 sciwinder and a db 15 cable(slightly modified). Controller works great for pop n bounce and hypernoid. Really the only way to play these 2 gamesEB2A7E2C-8FBC-4451-90D6-1A778558405A.jpeg1EA2ADF1-4FA9-4433-A498-333293159495.jpeg65C1AAA1-8928-426D-9E3E-834C32C7E1E5.jpeg2146036D-F086-4776-B0F6-962C19C4B0DE.jpeg

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I actually had no idea someone managed to adapt a spinner for a neo geo homebrew... I'm definitely using this.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Is this game already compatible with the darksoft card? Time to get in on that action