Metal Slug soundtrack to be released on vinyl - Data Discs

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Hopefuly its gonna be the first of many SNK LP!
Would like to see a RotD on vinyl!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Hopefuly its gonna be the first of many SNK LP!
Would like to see a RotD on vinyl!

Why do you want digital music on vinyl? It's going to be worse than the source.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I agree Madman!For me,It’s all about collecting neogeo related stuff!

You mean spending your money on worthless shit for no reason other than the fact it's related to a dead video game system?

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
You mean spending your money on worthless shit for no reason other than the fact it's related to a dead video game system?

It may be dead but i'am still playing a lot neogeo,still more fun than other system!Have ps4 and wii u but i'am using my Aes more!!:)

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Not got a problem with people paying for re-masters. You'd have to be super fond of these to bother to listen on vinyl. But given how much people love soundtracks I can see it being of viable interest as an addition to the digital formats. And yes; a nice collectible art package.

What's shit about these re-masters is that there isn't just a single supplier and standard being enforced. You got data disks and brave wave putting out disparate snk audio content? What's worse they both seem to follow different philosophies with their work. They just need to stick to one supplier, and get some kind of consistency going. Just irritating otherwise and feels careless/un-curated no matter what extent of work each shop puts into their own individual efforts.

For what it's worth, to my tastes data discs does better work in terms of adding a re-master perspective.

Would have been even nicer if they'd bother to synchronize this kind of thing with their poster re-issues / the book / and various port or anniversary efforts.

Did anyone ever put out a nice metal slug art book with nice images of the art that appeared on the saturn disk... ? ... more interested in that kind of thing myself. But each to their own.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
What's shit about these re-masters is that there isn't [a] standard being enforced. [...] They just need to [...] get some kind of consistency going. Just irritating otherwise and feels careless/un-curated [...]
:lolz: you're right, it is very SNK of them!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Anyone got their copy? Mine arrived few days ago, and shows some rip on the jacket ...package had no signs of damage, record still sealed, the rip seems created by the vinyl hitting the jacket...is it just me or is it a bad batch?

IMG_2131.jpg

I contacted them, but still no answer... :(

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Anyone got their copy? Mine arrived few days ago, and shows some rip on the jacket ...package had no signs of damage, record still sealed, the rip seems created by the vinyl hitting the jacket...is it just me or is it a bad batch?

Got my "your order has been shipped" last Monday, but still haven't got it. It usually takes much less from UK to Barcelona, but I guess there's lots of mail traffic these weeks. Will let you know once it gets here, but I never had that problem in any of the previous releases :/

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Got my "your order has been shipped" last Monday, but still haven't got it. It usually takes much less from UK to Barcelona, but I guess there's lots of mail traffic these weeks. Will let you know once it gets here, but I never had that problem in any of the previous releases :/

Thanks you! Hope yours is fine!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

View attachment 47956

That is odd. Every time i order from DD the disc is separate from the jacket, seems they started shipping differently

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i received mine two days ago.
pre-ordered the yellow and the limited 3-color-version. unfortunately the 3color-vinyl got a huge 1cm scratch on track4 without no dmg visible on the package..
dont think ill get a replacement so i have to live with it :(

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I'm in contact with Data Disc, will post here what is going on later.

Last edited:

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Definitely ask them for a replacement cover. I wouldn't keep one in that condition, especially if it's new.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
problem solved, Data Disc managed to find a satisfactory solution, and I must say I'm very happy about how they dealt with this issue..thumbs up.

@dkarDaGobert , the policy about shipping damage (which in your case seems not even that) is to ship a substitute item on next order, my suggestion is to contact Data Disc and try to find a solution to your issue, they have been pretty reasonable with me.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
For what it's worth that level of damage isn't uncommon sadly. I get similar damage every other shipment from them, usually a long scuff that stands out due to the lack of color on the top like Massimilliano's or just some creases on the front or back cover. Once I got one sleeve with a very damaged corner and they sent me a replacement. They're outstanding for sound quality (puts all other game vinyls to shame imo) and their presentation is top notch but for some reason quality when shipping can be iffy. Of course they ship from England so if you live far it might make things worse, but for the price I feel they could try and protect them better.

Hope this doesn't come across as knocking Data Discs though because they're hands down number 1 for video game vinyl. I guess my luck varies with the shipments is all.

Last edited:

mhell06

n00b
I have noticed that if you buy more than one record from them at once you often get plastic corner protectors that prevent sleeve damage during shipping. Just wish they had them on all shipments. Would definitely pay a few pounds extra for that.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Yesterday got mine but still didn't open the box, was quite busy and couldn't check.
Will have a look later today

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thanks you! Hope yours is fine!

Well, finally got mine (damn Spanish mail during Christmas season...) and it arrived with no damage. Guess yours was unfortunately an isolated problem, but I'm glad to hear you got it all sorted out with Data Discs.
Now on to rock some MS music!