Metal Slug soundtrack to be released on vinyl - Data Discs

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Data Discs (www.data-discs.com) to release Metal Slug on vinyl this Saturday (7th October)

9OukETW.png

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
We have a record collecting thread.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Unibios + jukebox feature = free.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Don't you all get excited all at once. Seriously, this is fantastic news. Data-Discs does some of the best work out there with SEGA, and now they're partnering with SNK. Also worth pointing out that this is their first release to include a digital release (lossy & lossless).

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I mean really no ones gonna listen to this stuff on vinyl. Its really just about collecting the awesome packaging. Kinda how no one really watches their laserdisc but, the packaging is too cool.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Don't you all get excited all at once. Seriously, this is fantastic news. Data-Discs does some of the best work out there with SEGA, and now they're partnering with SNK. Also worth pointing out that this is their first release to include a digital release (lossy & lossless).

Those guys are the real deal. They are knowledgeable people who know what they're doing and care about audio quality more than everything else.
Also, their packaging is very well done.

I mean really no ones gonna listen to this stuff on vinyl.

More people thank you might think. I'm one of those.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Very excited about this one, finally we get a non-sega release from Data Discs. The quality of the vinyls this guys produce is absolutely superb, packaging and all. I recently got the Sunset Riders one from I am 8 bit and was incredibly disappointed with it.

And yeah, I'm one of those who uses the discs. Even if it makes absolutely no sense, from a quality point of view, to have digital music on an analog support, I love listening them in the living room. Just as I enjoy other music vinyls, even if it is much more comfortable to have an iPod with all your library in it.

BTW, I also recommend checking out the SF2 soundtrack Brave Wave released and the Snatcher one by ShipToShore.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I mean really no ones gonna listen to this stuff on vinyl. Its really just about collecting the awesome packaging. Kinda how no one really watches their laserdisc but, the packaging is too cool.

I will be this person, shamelessly.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Wrong.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

Speak for yourself. I watch laserdiscs regularly.

I'm undecided on whether I want to buy this, but it's definitely nice to see. A friend has a lot of their Sega releases and they look and sound really good.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I listen to Video Game Vinyls. I must have Listened to SOR2 and Outrun a bunch of times already. Got my Brave Wave Ninja Gaiden Box Set in the mail last week and I rocked that shit all day while I was doing stuff around the house.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
not a fan of digital music on vinyl, anyway, anyone knows what they mean by "a 'limited edition' (featuring a special vinyl effect)"...is that just the color or do they mean extra noise? ;P

Anyway, one thing I do not like is how they jumped on the limited edition/sold out BS feet first...classic retrogaming exploiting maneuver.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Except for Panzer Dragoon and Galaxy Force 2, I've played all of their releases.

not a fan of digital music on vinyl, anyway, anyone knows what they mean by "a 'limited edition' (featuring a special vinyl effect)"...is that just the color or do they mean extra noise? ;P

The release is packaged in a gatefold sleeve with accompanying double-sided lithographic insert, featuring rare artwork from the Japanese archives and a special translucent OBI strip with fluorescent Pantone print.

tl;dr: their limited editons are always on multicolored vinyl, but the content isn't different from the singled colored or black release.

Last edited:

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
im really looking forward to buy this one.
the golden axe vinyl release they made is my favourite game ost vinyl

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Waiting for somebody to release some fucking arranged tracks of games like, idk, Last Blade?!

For real, day one buy. Am I wrong for wanting the standard black vinyl on this one though? Mixed on that tri-colored splatter.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Am I wrong for wanting the standard black vinyl on this one though? Mixed on that tri-colored splatter.

Are there any reason besides keeping your collection coherent (ie: all black discs)? Nothing bad in colored vinyl.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
The release is packaged in a gatefold sleeve with accompanying double-sided lithographic insert, featuring rare artwork from the Japanese archives and a special translucent OBI strip with fluorescent Pantone print.

tl;dr: their limited editons are always on multicolored vinyl, but the content isn't different from the singled colored or black release.

gotcha, thanks! I guess I'll get the regular black.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
>preorders overpriced shit like kraut busters for a dead console from 27 years ago
>but vinyl is for hipsters

Music from a 23 year old video game put onto vinyl is for hipsters.
Calling records "vinyls" is for hipsters who just got into vinyl during the resurgence.
Kraut Buster > MS3.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Music from a 23 year old video game put onto vinyl is for hipsters.
Calling records "vinyls" is for hipsters who just got into vinyl during the resurgence.
Kraut Buster > MS3.

congrats on being a fagit like tanooki
what a fucking mark