Original Fatal Fury 1 Illustration

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
looks great, very nice western style, sort of like an alternative take on Shinkiro's style.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
looks great, very nice western style, sort of like an alternative take on Shinkiro's style.

Thanks for the comment. I've been a fan of Shinkiro's illustrations since first spotting NG games at Electronic Boutique back in the early 90's.

I want to move away more from typical anime style and have just more of a classic illustration style.. I know I have a ways to go.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks awesome.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Coloring is good, composition is good, style is a give and take but don't let style get in the way of decent anatomy. Take for example Terry's shoes, looks like one of them chick tennis shoe with an inner heel, easy fix.

IMHO your sketches are awesome, this new style you're incorporating could use some of the flexibility you have shown with your previous style? Maybe mix the 2? I just feel that you had better perspectives and composition with the more anime style over this new stiffer style you're working on.

This is particularly good!
violence_jack_manga_by_scott_mcmahon-daf07r9.jpg

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Awesome! Gotta love Terry with the rolled up sleeves.

Love the Street Smart art too!

CowboyCrocket

Rugal's Thug
The addition of Geese, Billy, and Tung in the sky was a nice touch along with the city reflection in the water.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
nice one, mate. i like.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Wow. Lot's of great feedback, I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to look or offering their thoughts-positive or negative.

@ Dark Jaguar thank you for the honest thoughts.. I should make it more of a habit of using real pictures of people to check against my sketches to see what's right and what looks weird. It's not the first time someone has said they liked my sketches over finished works.. I have to see about retaining more of that natural thought-process in finished pieces. If you feel like writing anymore criticism, please feel free.

Again, thank you everyone for the kind words. I greatly appreciate it.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Only thing that jumped out at me was, "How tall would Andy be if he were standing straight?"

Cool pic!

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Only thing that jumped out at me was, "How tall would Andy be if he were standing straight?"

Cool pic!
Thanks for the feedback.. I'll keep characters relative height in mind more going forward. Andy is pretty short.. about 5'7" from what I remember but, probably shorter than Terry. Thanks again!