NEO-GEO BATTLE COLISEUM 2 IN DEVELOPMENT?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
:buttrock::buttrock:

Hell yeah! Thanks for sharing, Kronos!

My pleasure dude:) I feel like I'm in the minority here when I write that I hope this actually is a thing..

I still think SNK needs to tap into that KOF '94 spirit and bring more characters from other 1st gen NG games like Burning Fight, Robo Army, Cyber Lip, Magician Lord, The Super Spy, etc.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
My pleasure dude:) I feel like I'm in the minority here when I write that I hope this actually is a thing..

I love the first game and would be interested in seeing a sequel. #Mudman2017

I disagree with the article in that one of the OG's game's flaws is lack of story line. I have never played a fighter based on its story. I know some people get into that, maybe I am in the minority.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Nah, fighting game narratives are definitely lame.

I'm cautiously excited for this as long as they keep it cel shaded. I really dislike the style of KoF XIV.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I really hope it turns out to be true. I absolutely loved the first and would love a second.

Cel-shaded though? I'd really rather not. I'd rather have something that emulates the visual style of the sprites.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Great cast they have
Kyo
Iori
Terry
Rock
Andy
Geese
Mai
Krauser
Mr Karate 2
Robert Garcia
Mr. Big
John Crowley

Haohmaru
Genjuro
Nakoruru
Rimururu

Marco
Fio
Joe (adk)
Kisarah

And more

Ralf
Clark

Mars People
Morden

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I thought that the original NGBC was a great game but we never got a decent release. The Atomiswave cart had horrible load time issues and the PS2 version had slowdown during the fights. Here's hoping that SNK releases an online-enabled PS4 version of the original to drum up support for the sequel. If so, that'd be the first problem-free release of the game.

As for the sequel itself, eh, ok. I'm happy to see SNK release anything, but I'm holding out hope for a new Samurai Shodown or Last Blade, not another dream match.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I thought that the original NGBC was a great game but we never got a decent release. The Atomiswave cart had horrible load time issues and the PS2 version had slowdown during the fights. Here's hoping that SNK releases an online-enabled PS4 version of the original to drum up support for the sequel. If so, that'd be the first problem-free release of the game.

As for the sequel itself, eh, ok. I'm happy to see SNK release anything, but I'm holding out hope for a new Samurai Shodown or Last Blade, not another dream match.

I disagree, the AW cart plays fine, loading isn't that bad. The PS2 port actually looks better than the AW cart on progressive scan funny enough. The AW cart has filtered sprites like KOFXI.

The XBL release plays well however the new updated look is a give and take depending on your preference, I'd prefer the original sprites pixel per pixel.

I'm down for a sequel!

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I loved the first. This is the only fighter I ever got good enough to be able to beat the game on the hardest setting without loosing a single round and mostly getting perfects. I went to try it out a few months ago and found the difficulty brutal. No clue how I got that good.

However without screenshots of a second game its just conjecture.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
My pleasure dude:) I feel like I'm in the minority here when I write that I hope this actually is a thing...

Considering how many play the XBLA port online you might be. Which is a damn shame since it's their best netcode on xbox.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
If it's real I'm stoked. I'm gonna hold my hype until we have confirmation.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
AFAIK, it's fake, and it's from the same source that claimed the original fake KOF14 DLC 16 characters list.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ Until SNK stops supporting KOf XIV or throws someone that no one would want as crazy bad as Rock (see Chizuru rumor from a few months back) I'm still not 100% convinced one way or another.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Given their statement about the future of KOF14, I doubt we would see more than 1 more DLC batch for the game, and IF it actually comes out, my bet would be on the 4 characters that were datamined from Steam's Edition (Oswald, Shingo, Blue Mary and Hinako).

My guess is also we won't see any announcement (DLC or new game) until the next KOF World Tournament, which is yet to be officially announced.

PS: fuck Hinako

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The DLC announcement came a month after SNK stated nothing was being worked on. SNK is notiorous for keeping everything a secret. Like I said I'll beleive it when one or the other happens.

That being said I figured this would be the month they would do something. I figured they would wait 6 months before releasing anything new.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I have no doubt this is in development but I find this leak all too convenient. I really thought a new SamSho would be next in line. PERSONALLY I like the idea of releasing NGBC 2 first, however. Makes much more sense to introduce all of your badass IP/characters to newcomers while also venerating your legacy to old tymers.

EDIT: I also could've sworn the last rumors said a new AOF was in dev...

I'll be crying at PSX if this (or Last Blade 3?!) even has a logo splash on their stage.

Last edited:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
This is interesting.
Hopefully it's not generic and boring like the first.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
battle coliseum was the last game in the arcades that i put many hours into. i even played it over kof11.

if they're making another, i hope it's sprite based and not 3d.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I personally loved seeing characters drawn with fresh new sprites, like Hanzo, Lee and Asura, and the backgrounds were good in the first one (excluding the 3D BGs in the XBLA version). But having it based on the KOF engine ruined it for me. It was like having SvC with higher production value.

If we are seeing a sequel, I would like them to distance it as far as possible from KOF (graphics, gameplay and roster wise) and focus on fighting series' that have 0 chance for sequels (AoF, World Heroes, Ninja Masters, Kizuna ... etc).