Neo Geo CMVS video noise & brightness issues on RGB SCART via Framemeister.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Okay, I am now completely stumped. I have been trying to figure out how to fix the various issues with my Consolized MVS via RGB SCART on my XRGB Mini Framemeister. Without tinkering any of the settings and using profiles from the pixel purest, the video comes out extremely bright and I can see a ton of video noise in Dark Shades of color. Reducing the brightness to 7 does take care of the brightness issue, however I can still see a ton of video noise and no matter how low I set the brightness I can still see it without much effort. The power supply I am using was recommended to me by the amazing Xian Xi, who also revised my CMVS. At first I was thinking it was my power strip, but playing any other console with RGB scart cables on the framemeister yields no video noise. So I am completely at a loss here, just what exactly is causing all of these issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I should also note, I have talked to Xian Xi about the brightness issue before, and he reccomended I put 75-100ohm resistors in the RGB lines. It didn't work, hence why I found turning brightness to 7 worked best.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Sounds like interference to me.

-What type/manufacturer are your RGB Scart cables both on the framemeister and output of your supergun

-Are you using a Scart switcher of some sort?

-How long are the total lengths of both and are they fully shielded?

-What power supply specifically

This information will help.

And there is a main xrgb thread where you would probably get an answer faster.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33450

It could also be something related to this, but below are SNES symptoms that sound a lot like what you're saying.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52828

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
For the output of your RGBS on your CMVS is it 75 ohms or TTL specifically sync? Correct me if I am wrong, but the video sync signals coming from the mvs are certainly TTL level and need to be properly attenuated at the source (the mod on your consoles output) or attenuated with the right resistor and capacitor in your scart cables if using with a framemeister. Framemeister certainly expects 75 ohms on its input.

Posting this video for the millionth time, but here is a good way to see what components are in your SCART cable.

Last edited:

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I am not entirely sure, but I know applying the usual resistor fix causes the video to not appear at all. So I guess Xian Xi already applied the sync fix internally.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Don't forget to set your multimeter to this to check for unstable air:

hurricane (Custom).png

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I am at my wit's end. I can't find anything to stop the excessive video noise. Perhaps what I will do is go to my local goodwill to find a fully shielded VGA cable, slice off the VGA plugs, and modify this RGB SCART cable. Perhaps then, the video quality will be leagues better.

Last edited:

bovined

n00b
CloudGamerX how much noise are you seeing with your setup? I am seeing something similar but not sure if its comparable to what you have. You can see it on my setup at around 40 min mark in the dark green areas of Nam-1975 here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/180618377

I am looking to clean that up as well so I have some things to check as well as the fact that I cant use a standard RGB out to a PVM/BVM but I have a different thread trying to sort that part out.

Last edited: