Thread: Help with 138-in-1 mvs cart

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Help with 138-in-1 mvs cart

So I have a neo geo 138-in-1 cart. these are the ones with the sub board connected. I have it connected to an mv-1 board in a cab.

The problem I am having is when everything is connected and I plug in the cabinet, I get a garbage screen displayed which is supposed to be the selection menu.

If I disconnect the jamma harness from the board, plug in the power to the cab, and then connect the jamma back to the 138-in-1, it works fine. I would like to be able to power on the machine and play without having to do this step of reconnecting the jamma cable first. Anyone else had this issue? Or any idea of what I could do for a solution? I will upload pics later of the symptom I am describing.

JammaNationX

Are you actively plugging in the JAMMA harness when the cab is powered on? Only thing I can think of is that maybe your power supply is failing.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Yes, when i plug the jamma harness in while the cab is powered on, I am able to get the cart to work.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

This is an old picture, but this is what the screen looks like if powered on while connected to the jamma harness:

Thanks for the suggestion Xian Xi, I'll see about swapping the power supply out. Originally I was wondering if adding a switch somewhere would help.

King's Dry Cleaner

Having the same issue on both my cabs. A New Astro City with an M1 and Japanese bios and on a Megalo 410 with M1 and Western bios.
    Tried to plug the 138 in 1 Jamma harness when the cabs are already on, and the screen becomes fine.
    Is it replacing the power supply the only solution? Never had any power issue with those two cabs before.

Thanks
    Last edited by Zellez; 09-24-2017 at 01:12 PM.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Zellez View Post
    Having the same issue on both my cabs. A New Astro City with an M1 and Japanese bios and on a Megalo 410 with M1 and Western bios.
    Tried to plug the 138 in 1 Jamma harness when the cabs are already on, and the screen becomes fine.
    Is it replacing the power supply the only solution? Never had any power issue with those two cabs before.

Thanks
    Did you fix the problem? for some reason I can't see the image you posted. I was getting a green screen (garbled) on game boot ups with the same cart. I ordered a new arcade PSU, that should come in soon, before that I was using a computer PSU. Will look forward to an update.

Thread Information