Converting Boot carts, good or bad?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
So this is a question that has kind of lingered on my mind for a bit and I figured I would ask it here. What are your guys's opinion on converting boots into unreleased games or to repair broken games? Me personally, I have been trying to get my hands on cheap MVS boots to use for fixing dead MSX or KOF98 carts (death via Altera MAX), or even use them to make games like Ironclad or Crossed Swords 2. I am interested in hearing your opinion on this.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's a boot, who cares? As long as when you sell the legit cart, you mention that it was repaired using boot parts, that's what matters.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If it's already a boot, for the most part I consider it for parts anyway at that point.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Like everyone said, if it's a boot then do what you wish with it. If you intend on selling it, you need to be very specific on details and what it is. It's best to use them as you stated you would, as parts or for unreleased games.

brad808

n00b
Who cares what other people think. Your property is your property. Take the rarest mint original cart and use it as a door stop if it'll make you happy.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
No problem with converting them, they are destroyed already anyway, as long as you do not try to pass them as originals to some unsuspecting guy :D

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Who cares what other people think. Your property is your property. Take the rarest mint original cart and use it as a door stop if it'll make you happy.

Gotta love someone with just 3 posts in the middle of nowhere making comments.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No problem with converting them, they are destroyed already anyway, as long as you do not try to pass them as originals to some unsuspecting guy :D

Or turn them into Crossed Swords 2 kits and try and sell them for 2500 bucks on facebook cause if you tried to do it here you'd get torched.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Or turn them into Crossed Swords 2 kits and try and sell them for 2500 bucks on facebook cause if you tried to do it here you'd get torched.

mYceXN6.gif