New MVS to AES Converter???

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I have one of those 160 something multicarts lying around somewhere. Might just consider this if it also works with that.

pva

Mega Shock!!
There's a recent review of the adapter on the French subforum. My French is a bit rusty at best, but apparently the biggest downside is that it's not compatible with the NGDT releases. It should, however, work well (enough) with both original carts and the 161-in-1 multicart.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
It should, however, work well (enough) with both original carts and the 161-in-1 multicart.

I have a 5V, 3A Neo power supply. Apparently, that's not enough juice to run that multicart with that converter.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
They are decent but the cost of a cmvs is much less than a Home System and converter.

There's a few converter options, some better some worse.

Screw the converter, install a Unibios and buy a NeoSD.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
They said on a 5v AES that 75 percent of them would work without issues. If you had a problem to use a 5v 5a instead of a 5v 3a to fix the issue cause MVS uses more power.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Pulled the trigger and purchased one of these converters. I have the Daedalus also and have not seen any differences. YOU DO HAVE TO BUY A POWER SUPPLY WITH MORE AMPS. I have the 5v and nothing would play with 3A, went ahead and bought a 5v5a that was recommended and it works... but only a few select games on the 161 cart will not work. Very strange but all Metal Slugs, Last Blade 1 and 2, and KOF 2002 will load but will freeze within 1 minute. This was the same for me on the Daedalus too however. For the money, the thing works great though!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pulled the trigger and purchased one of these converters. I have the Daedalus also and have not seen any differences. YOU DO HAVE TO BUY A POWER SUPPLY WITH MORE AMPS. I have the 5v and nothing would play with 3A, went ahead and bought a 5v5a that was recommended and it works... but only a few select games on the 161 cart will not work. Very strange but all Metal Slugs, Last Blade 1 and 2, and KOF 2002 will load but will freeze within 1 minute. This was the same for me on the Daedalus too however. For the money, the thing works great though!

Did you use the same multicart with both converters? Because that’s the common thing between the two, might just be a bad multicart. There’s a bunch of bad ones, no quality control on those.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Yes same multicart with both coverters... Might have to pick up another 161 and give it a try. Def a case of "you get what you pay for"

AirZonk

n00b
YOU DO HAVE TO BUY A POWER SUPPLY WITH MORE AMPS. I have the 5v and nothing would play with 3A, went ahead and bought a 5v5a that was recommended and it works...

Can you please provide a link or let me know where you got the 5V5A power supply?

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Can you please provide a link or let me know where you got the 5V5A power supply?

Sure, so just to warn you I am having trouble with certain games even with the 5V5A, Metal Slug, KOF 2002, and Last Blade series will boot but do not work. I ordered a 5v6a to see if that does the job, give me a few days and Ill post those results. I am not sure if its the 161 cart that is the issue or not enough amps. BUT here is a link for the power supply, I did have to also buy a polar converter to make it work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-1A-2A-3...var=620401786492&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polarity-R...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

AirZonk

n00b
Sure, so just to warn you I am having trouble with certain games even with the 5V5A, Metal Slug, KOF 2002, and Last Blade series will boot but do not work. I ordered a 5v6a to see if that does the job, give me a few days and Ill post those results. I am not sure if its the 161 cart that is the issue or not enough amps. BUT here is a link for the power supply, I did have to also buy a polar converter to make it work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-1A-2A-3...var=620401786492&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polarity-R...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thank you for the information. I look forward to reading about your results with the 5V6A power supply before I purchase anything.

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Thank you for the information. I look forward to reading about your results with the 5V6A power supply before I purchase anything.

Alright, so tried the 5v6a to see if that would solve the problem... it did not. The select games I mentioned still have the exact same issues. At this point I think its just my 161 cart that is the problem. Shoot me a PM if your interested, I now have an extra mvs to aes converter and power cable if you need it.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Glad someone is willing to invest in all these power supply/ converter / multi cart combos even though I don't mess converters.