Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: New MVS to AES Converter???

  1. #1
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    NeoField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Irvine, CA

    Posts
    89

    New MVS to AES Converter???

    Has anyone seen this version before?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-MVS-ADAP...IAAOSwBO1ZzmDd

  2. #2
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,863
    Trust the Spanish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Jumpingmanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Internet

    Posts
    74
    Is it any good?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary

    Posts
    6,568
    Just buy a neosd.

  6. #6
    Camel Slug
    Thierry Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    JHB, SA

    Posts
    667
    I have one of those 160 something multicarts lying around somewhere. Might just consider this if it also works with that.

  7. #7
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    pva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Finland

    Posts
    67
    There's a recent review of the adapter on the French subforum. My French is a bit rusty at best, but apparently the biggest downside is that it's not compatible with the NGDT releases. It should, however, work well (enough) with both original carts and the 161-in-1 multicart.

  8. #8
    Camel Slug
    Thierry Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    JHB, SA

    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    It should, however, work well (enough) with both original carts and the 161-in-1 multicart.
    I have a 5V, 3A Neo power supply. Apparently, that's not enough juice to run that multicart with that converter.

  9. #9
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    3
    Interesting, I had one of the originals a while back thought it was pretty decent.

  10. #10
    There can be only one. Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

    Posts
    6,055
    They are decent but the cost of a cmvs is much less than a Home System and converter.

    There's a few converter options, some better some worse.

    Screw the converter, install a Unibios and buy a NeoSD.

  11. #11
    Crossed Swords Squire
    Damulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Miami, Oklahoma

    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    I have a 5V, 3A Neo power supply. Apparently, that's not enough juice to run that multicart with that converter.
    Glad I read that cause I have the samething

  12. #12
    Crossed Swords Squire
    Damulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Miami, Oklahoma

    Posts
    195
    They said on a 5v AES that 75 percent of them would work without issues. If you had a problem to use a 5v 5a instead of a 5v 3a to fix the issue cause MVS uses more power.

  13. #13
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    NeoField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Irvine, CA

    Posts
    89
    Pulled the trigger and purchased one of these converters. I have the Daedalus also and have not seen any differences. YOU DO HAVE TO BUY A POWER SUPPLY WITH MORE AMPS. I have the 5v and nothing would play with 3A, went ahead and bought a 5v5a that was recommended and it works... but only a few select games on the 161 cart will not work. Very strange but all Metal Slugs, Last Blade 1 and 2, and KOF 2002 will load but will freeze within 1 minute. This was the same for me on the Daedalus too however. For the money, the thing works great though!
    Check out my Youtube Channel for Neo Geo and Retro arcade games... if anyone gives a sh%t
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrt...TyrSplIrG8H1Qg

  14. #14
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,697
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoField View Post
    Pulled the trigger and purchased one of these converters. I have the Daedalus also and have not seen any differences. YOU DO HAVE TO BUY A POWER SUPPLY WITH MORE AMPS. I have the 5v and nothing would play with 3A, went ahead and bought a 5v5a that was recommended and it works... but only a few select games on the 161 cart will not work. Very strange but all Metal Slugs, Last Blade 1 and 2, and KOF 2002 will load but will freeze within 1 minute. This was the same for me on the Daedalus too however. For the money, the thing works great though!
    Did you use the same multicart with both converters? Because that’s the common thing between the two, might just be a bad multicart. There’s a bunch of bad ones, no quality control on those.

  15. #15
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    NeoField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Irvine, CA

    Posts
    89
    Yes same multicart with both coverters... Might have to pick up another 161 and give it a try. Def a case of "you get what you pay for"
    Check out my Youtube Channel for Neo Geo and Retro arcade games... if anyone gives a sh%t
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrt...TyrSplIrG8H1Qg

  16. #16
    Bashful Neophyte

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    MA

    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoField View Post
    YOU DO HAVE TO BUY A POWER SUPPLY WITH MORE AMPS. I have the 5v and nothing would play with 3A, went ahead and bought a 5v5a that was recommended and it works...
    Can you please provide a link or let me know where you got the 5V5A power supply?

  17. #17
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    NeoField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Irvine, CA

    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by AirZonk View Post
    Can you please provide a link or let me know where you got the 5V5A power supply?
    Sure, so just to warn you I am having trouble with certain games even with the 5V5A, Metal Slug, KOF 2002, and Last Blade series will boot but do not work. I ordered a 5v6a to see if that does the job, give me a few days and Ill post those results. I am not sure if its the 161 cart that is the issue or not enough amps. BUT here is a link for the power supply, I did have to also buy a polar converter to make it work.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-1A-2A-3-...72.m2749.l2649

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polarity-Re...72.m2749.l2649
    Check out my Youtube Channel for Neo Geo and Retro arcade games... if anyone gives a sh%t
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrt...TyrSplIrG8H1Qg

  18. #18
    Bashful Neophyte

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    MA

    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoField View Post
    Sure, so just to warn you I am having trouble with certain games even with the 5V5A, Metal Slug, KOF 2002, and Last Blade series will boot but do not work. I ordered a 5v6a to see if that does the job, give me a few days and Ill post those results. I am not sure if its the 161 cart that is the issue or not enough amps. BUT here is a link for the power supply, I did have to also buy a polar converter to make it work.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-1A-2A-3-...72.m2749.l2649

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polarity-Re...72.m2749.l2649
    Thank you for the information. I look forward to reading about your results with the 5V6A power supply before I purchase anything.

  19. #19
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    NeoField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Irvine, CA

    Posts
    89
    Should be here any day now, shipping from China blows
    Check out my Youtube Channel for Neo Geo and Retro arcade games... if anyone gives a sh%t
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrt...TyrSplIrG8H1Qg

  20. #20
    NAM-75 Vet
    geise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    Posts
    486
    I have had no problem with shipping from China.

  21. #21
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    NeoField's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Irvine, CA

    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by AirZonk View Post
    Thank you for the information. I look forward to reading about your results with the 5V6A power supply before I purchase anything.
    Alright, so tried the 5v6a to see if that would solve the problem... it did not. The select games I mentioned still have the exact same issues. At this point I think its just my 161 cart that is the problem. Shoot me a PM if your interested, I now have an extra mvs to aes converter and power cable if you need it.
    Check out my Youtube Channel for Neo Geo and Retro arcade games... if anyone gives a sh%t
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrt...TyrSplIrG8H1Qg

  22. #22
    Playa' From
    Around The Way.
    Lukejaywalker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Houston TX

    Posts
    397
    Glad someone is willing to invest in all these power supply/ converter / multi cart combos even though I don't mess converters.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •