XRGB-MINI FRAMEMEISTER with ARCADE PCBs

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Hi guys,
does anybody know if the Framemeister can handle high brightness pcbs like Street Fighter III, Golden Axe RoDA, Liquid Kids, Cowboys Moo Mesa, Violent Storm, Bucky O'Hare, PGM 2 and more like those.

I bought an OSSC but it can't handle those. They are unplayable. Even CPS2 doen't look good. It has RGB gain and offset adjustments but they don't work with so much brighness

Thanks

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
did you put 200uf resistors inline on the rgb?

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
did you put 200uf resistors inline on the rgb?
No, I just had put 75uf pull down. This worked for the PVM though but it is not working with OSSC.

If I put 200uf inline in the scart will it make the trick?
Thanks man

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I would definitely add pots to the lines. My boards are working fine on the Framemeister like this.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I would definitely add pots to the lines. My boards are working fine on the Framemeister like this.
Is there a link to buy pots circuit or something? It is very useful because some boards like Irem M92 and Midway have low brightness

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Are you running it through some kind of Supergun?

I've got the RGB HAS supergun and it has a pot for adjusting the brightness. I connect it to my XRGB and haven't had any problems with CPS2, CPS3, or even some older boards like Galaga 88 and Gyruss.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Are you running it through some kind of Supergun?

I've got the RGB HAS supergun and it has a pot for adjusting the brightness. I connect it to my XRGB and haven't had any problems with CPS2, CPS3, or even some older boards like Galaga 88 and Gyruss.
I ‘ve got a Sigma Raijin and there are no pots for brightness except s-Video outut, there is a pot for that one. How can I adapt pots on the RGB lines? It is a very useful tool the supergun should had.

If I finally won’t be able to adapt pots, has Xrgb-mini the ability to cut down so much brightness? OSSC hasn’t.

Last edited:

FBX

Quiz Detective
BTW the Framemeister's A/D manual setting mode lets you adjust the input brightness conversion to offset out-of-spec brightness levels. The only problem is you need a color bars test pattern to properly calibrate it (like found in Atremio's test suits). You can try to guesstimate just based on the game graphics, but of course that's not optimal.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
BTW the Framemeister's A/D manual setting mode lets you adjust the input brightness conversion to offset out-of-spec brightness levels. The only problem is you need a color bars test pattern to properly calibrate it (like found in Atremio's test suits). You can try to guesstimate just based on the game graphics, but of course that's not optimal.
Arcade pcbs do have color bars test pattern in test menu