Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Diablo 1 Grinding Tip

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Need Diablo 1 Grinding Tip

Is there a secret to grinding in Diablo 1. With the only options being solo, and normal difficulty?

I'm level 26, in Hell, and getting my ass handed to me. Levels 1-23 are basically a total of around 1,000,000 EXP total. Then as soon as you hit that level 24, we are talking around 1/3 of a million EXP needed per level. The grind is real... Enemies in Hell are dropping over 1000 exp, but I have yet to obtain Teleport, so it is VERY SLOW, and tedious. I almost feel like going back to The Caves where I am getting between 80 to a few hundred exp per kill, because the kills are much faster.

In my current state I can not beat the game. I made it to level 16 OK, but get killed by Blood Knights almost instantly.

With exception of maybe 5 skill points, I've dumped every single Skill Point in Dex, Vit, and Str. So basically no magic. I'm a warrior BTW.

All my gear blows... I've been trying to hold the yellow stuff, cause I hear it will never drop again, in hopes of getting some good shit. But it's incredibly rare to get a gear drop over level 11. I see these people online playing, and see their armor class, and DPS is doubling mine, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how they get those kind of stats, cause my character sucks bad.
    Last edited by greedostick; 09-26-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots

[B]

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Im playing Diablo 1 too, brother the grind is real. Ive taken a brake from it and im only level 22. Are you playing stock or the HD mod BELZEBUB? I found the hd mod to be easier to play but Im still doubtful im ever going to beat it.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Day_Man View Post
    Im playing Diablo 1 too, brother the grind is real. Ive taken a brake from it and im only level 22. Are you playing stock or the HD mod BELZEBUB? I found the hd mod to be easier to play but Im still doubtful im ever going to beat it.
    Belzebub...

I'm about to load it up now actually.

What class are you playing?

Close to Completion:

Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots

[B]

赤裸裸的汽車人

Does the online (previously Open Bnet) still allow for modified items?
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Does the online (previously Open Bnet) still allow for modified items?
    Not sure. The mod has no online capabilities.

Close to Completion:

[B]

赤裸裸的汽車人

Oh when you said online, you meant the general internet... not in the game.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

What i always did is do a playthrough on the last difficulty i played on. So maybe start a new campaign with your character on nightmare and grind out a few levels.

Edit: So misread what difficulty you were playing on. I think if you go back and kill everything in every floor you should be good to go.
    Last edited by Montatez; 09-26-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Im playing as a rogue. There is no playing over the net with Belzebub mod yet. Diablo 1 I think is a grinding game and it suffers because of it. They did a much better job with Diablo 2.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

thought I made some progress. Played literally all day cause my truck is in the shop. Nine hours grinding in Hell, and gained 2 measly levels. Managed to make it to Doomlord Gam'ar, and that's all she wrote. He's a cheating bastard.

I really think I should have played this game in it's prime, but I didn't have a PC back then. Then I could have jumped in some multi and grinded out with some friends and power-leveled. I get the feeling this game wasn't meant to be solo'd the first time playing.

Pretty frustrating really, cause I have dozens and dozens of hourns in at this point. I don;t want to give up, but I also don't want to grind for another 40 fucking hours.

Close to Completion:

[B]

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar

skill str till you start missing shit, then dex. get stat potions.
    get enough int so you can use teleport AND aren't out of mana after one of those. you need that spell for faggot enemies who run away from you, like succubi. look for gear with int stat boni.
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph View Post
    Is there no moderation, anywhere on this entire site?

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Wow that doesn't even look possible. Im with you on the whole multiplayer thing with Diablo 1. By the time I had a good enough pc to run games d2 was out and I played the hell out of that game. Even back then I couldn't get into Diablo 1. When they add multi to the mod then ill try again but seeing that video has just cemented me giving up.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    skill str till you start missing shit, then dex. get stat potions.
    get enough int so you can use teleport AND aren't out of mana after one of those. you need that spell for faggot enemies who run away from you, like succubi. look for gear with int stat boni.
    I have no problem connecting or killing regular enemies unless they have blue or orange names. And if I can get those ass hats alone I kick their ass too. I'm killing regular Blood Knights in 3 hits now. Two if I Valiant Strike them once.

I can't find teleport.... I've quit out and restarted at least 100 times and that stupid witch never sells it. And Wirt keeps offering me stupid level 6 stuff. Just give me something.... Anything... to give me some AC.

I think I'm just going to back off and just put an hour a few days a week until it happens.

Close to Completion:

[B]

don't buy from wirt. 90% of all time it's shit.

Angel's Love Slave

Can't remember. Did the first Diablo have the secret cow level? or was that just the 2nd game? Just thinking it would be an easy grinding area.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?" -- Cave Johnson, CEO Aperture Science

-----Jamma-Nation-X MVS Price Guide ----- mjmjr25's Reference NEO-GEO Price Guide ----- NeoGeoKult Price Guides (Euro) -----

For the latest 3d printing and laser projects check Instagram: @Lions3D

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by lions3 View Post
    Can't remember. Did the first Diablo have the secret cow level? or was that just the 2nd game? Just thinking it would be an easy grinding area.
    No. That was a hoax. Theres actually an Waster Egg in I think starcraft where if you put in "there is no cow level" you get swcret stuff

Close to Completion:

[B]

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    No. That was a hoax. Theres actually an Waster Egg in I think starcraft where if you put in "there is no cow level" you get swcret stuff
    Lol its in diablo 2.

https://diablo.gamepedia.com/Secret_...el_(Diablo_II)
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

赤裸裸的汽車人

Quote Originally Posted by lions3 View Post
    There was a dead cow in the game you could click on and it would explode, but that was it.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER

Does teleport drop in the Cathedral libraries?

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Was just reading Adria should sell teleport after level 24.
    I wish you luck grinding.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post
    Was just reading Adria should sell teleport after level 24.
    I wish you luck grinding.
    Damn, it must be pretty hard to get her to sell it. I've reset the game so many times trying to get her to sell it. Guess I'll keep trying.

Learned my lesson though, when I start Diablo 2 Im playing online only so I can level faster.

Close to Completion:

[B]

赤裸裸的汽車人

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    Learned my lesson though, when I start Diablo 2 Im playing online only so I can level faster.
    Why would that make a difference? Having other people to kill the monsters for you? You can enable /players 8 in single player on Diablo II.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Why would that make a difference? Having other people to kill the monsters for you? You can enable /players 8 in single player on Diablo II.
    I believe there is more enemies when you play online alone or with other people.

Game gets harder the more people are in it. Also applies to Diablo 3.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

It's been a few years since I tried diablo 2, but I believe you can just join a game with your multiplayer character and play whatever stage/difficulty they're on.

If I had that option now, I could grind out on a harder difficulty and level faster on the first stages of the game. Or at least clear mobs faster for less exp with a friend.

Close to Completion:

[B]

Enemy Chaser

Been a long time since I played D1 (played it in its prime online), from what I remember the fighter suffered from being slow to kill enemies and level, but at later stages in the game (Hell difficulty) when enemies start stacking resistance like mad you barely stood a chance as mage.
    If I remember correctly the fighters I played with tried to get a Kings Sword of Haste asap, ideally with vampiric (life drain) or if not possible then with mana drain (they used mana shield along with that).
    Berries fighting game quest signature is under development - Completed NeoGeo MVS fighters so far: AoF, AoF2, AoF3, SS, SS2, SS3, SS4, KoF94, KoF95, KoF96, KoF97, KoF98, WH, WH2, WH2Jet, Waku Waku 7, FF, FF2, FFS, FF3, Savage Reign, Kizuna Encounter, Kabuki Klash, Galaxy Fight, Last Blade
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...59#post3851759

Thread Information