Board Booting Issues

maddy

n00b
I have a MV1C board that boots up every time with a 161-in-1 in it, but when I put other games in, it takes a heck of a lot of turn on and offs and re-seating it to get it to work.

Where should I start for correcting this?

Thanks,
Maddy

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Sounds like dirty contacts to me. I recommend you open up your mvs games and clean the pins.

Open up the games (make sure not to do the splits on them to keep your labels from getting fucked) and clean the contacts with a white art eraser and electrical contact cleaner/deoxit+qtips.

Do the same with the cartridge slot as well. I like to put some contact cleaner on the cartridge pins with qtips and stick it in and out a few times to clean the slot. Wipe it off again with Q-tips and the electrical contact cleaner and repeat until the cartridge pins come clean after using a qtip on them. Another way to clean your slots is to find a old credit card/piece of cardboard and wrap it with a thin white t-shirt and spray cleaner on it. If you do it that way just make sure you pull straight up and don't go side to side (less chance of pulling a pin).

Last edited:

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah i agree with it sounding like they need cleaning. I had a similar issue with a rental puzzle bobble i just picked up.looked clean but when i put it in nothing but the cross hatch scrren. Tried a copy of last blade it worked great. So took puzzle bobble apart cleaned the contacts with a school eraser. Then Wiped it clean. Once done it started right up no issues.