Today I turned 40

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Oh this fucking guy!
I love you too wasabi ~<3

Video games are ok these days, but I'm afraid he's right about the toy collecting. Toy collecting is 87.3% faggot at our age.

And HBD!! :D

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thankfully amiibos aren't toys, guys - they are collectibles, which is a good thing otherwise I'd pretty embarrassed right about now hahahaha

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
if you own more than one amiibo you're officially a fagit.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
if you own more than one amiibo you're officially a fagit.

Crap...I got one automatically with Toad Treasure Tracker, bought a Mario for Mario Maker (stupid giant mushroom locked behind an amiibo)....and bought Shovel Knight, because well it's Shovel Knight.

Guess I'm double gay according to the rules.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Although I still feel 18 at heart, today I gained the 'over the hill' status. for the first time in my life I am actually contemplating my age.

Although I don't feel old, the prospect of my age has me boggled as far as not knowing if I am supposed to be feeling like an old person at this point. With the prime of my life behind me, I question my impact on the world and my worth.

I still play video games and collect toys, I feel as if being old mentally is just an idea, not a condition. Perhaps we are all young at heart, its just the times that change.

I've just turned 40 myself and I feel exactly the same. Whereas at 30 I wasn't that bothered about my age, I'm now like "fuck; in 20 years I'm going to be 60!". That might sound stupid to some, but I can remember my 20's pretty vividly, so it doesn't seem that long ago, so if the next 20 years go by as quick then that's it - bang! Into the twilight years, and that's pretty fucking scary.

I think the other thing that worries me now, is that I'm still pretty fit, in good shape, probably not as literally as good as I was 20 years ago, but not far off. In the next 20 years I doubt I'm going to hit 60 and feel as fit as I do now regardless of what diet or fitness regime I keep up.

So, yeah, like you, I feel the best years of my life are now behind me, and they've gone so quickly. I can't get them back, and it's just going to get worse as I get older. Ugh.

RamonG

World Soccer '96
Although I still feel 18 at heart, today I gained the 'over the hill' status. for the first time in my life I am actually contemplating my age.

Although I don't feel old, the prospect of my age has me boggled as far as not knowing if I am supposed to be feeling like an old person at this point. With the prime of my life behind me, I question my impact on the world and my worth.

I still play video games and collect toys, I feel as if being old mentally is just an idea, not a condition. Perhaps we are all young at heart, its just the times that change.

I will be turning 40 in January 2018, and I feel exactly the same. In any case, if you enjoy what you do and it doesn't affect anyone else, go for it.

On an interesting note, I haven't been to these boards in a few years and for some reason I decided to log in today. It is great to see some long time users of the boards.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
On an interesting note, I haven't been to these boards in a few years and for some reason I decided to log in today. It is great to see some long time users of the boards.

STFU n00b

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've just turned 40 myself and I feel exactly the same. Whereas at 30 I wasn't that bothered about my age, I'm now like "fuck; in 20 years I'm going to be 60!". That might sound stupid to some, but I can remember my 20's pretty vividly, so it doesn't seem that long ago, so if the next 20 years go by as quick then that's it - bang! Into the twilight years, and that's pretty fucking scary.

I think the other thing that worries me now, is that I'm still pretty fit, in good shape, probably not as literally as good as I was 20 years ago, but not far off. In the next 20 years I doubt I'm going to hit 60 and feel as fit as I do now regardless of what diet or fitness regime I keep up.

So, yeah, like you, I feel the best years of my life are now behind me, and they've gone so quickly. I can't get them back, and it's just going to get worse as I get older. Ugh.
Tarma we gotta stay sharp, it is the only thing we got left if we want to age well.

Even though I feel pretty much the same as I did 20 years ago, I have to work harder than I did before to stay in shape, it is only fitting though. My plan is to work hard to keep my body in top shape as best as possible, as long as I maintain a decent standard I think I can keep on going until I drop.

My granny died at 85, she was pretty active and kept well until my family decided it was time for her to take a breather, that's when she started faltering, not saying she would have lived longer if she didn't slowed down but I think the change affected her quality of life. If you stop your routine, it's gonna throw you off, better keep on moving until you can't.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
2017-10-09-203926.jpg

inch long ear hair!
I am hella fortier.

thing was bugging me for a few days, finally got that bad boy:(

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Did taked picture with Vita. Did cut ear hairs. Did use musring tapes and worn Jordaches!! Hella fortier indeed!

.tu celebrate with legas? or nug? :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like it much more than packing babies made of flour and bake goods in the belly.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Happy birthday RG! I turned 34 this past summer and I was a little numb. I felt 33 put me in "not really a youngster" territory anymore but 34 feels even more so, lol. But alas, as in most polls, 34 is the last year before the next bracket. So I suppose I shouldn't bitch too much. I'll be 35 (gulp) before I know it and 40 will be just five years from then. Hopefully by then I'll be married and a father of two (at least one). But you don't always get what you want in life. Just enjoy each day as it comes. Welcome to the 40 club, Retro Gamer. See you there in 6-ish years.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

such
a
downer

remind myself not to revisit this thread when i turn 40. lol