Darius Dual Rom switch mod

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
* edit I realized I didnt put gaiden in the title DOH :(*

Now I couldnt find anything on this in here when i poked around with some key words. But looking around in ebay a month ago I saw a dual rom version of Darius Gaiden for the F3 system with a switch on the cart so you can switch between original and EX rom sets.

I looked online for info on this but could not find anything. Anyone have some ideas on this cause it seems pretty neat. Though no one really plays the original rom set for score as much.

Maybe this is just some practical electronic wizardry and not some mod that is specific to the F3 like using some transistors or something to turn one set on and the other off and you just have dual breakouts or piggy back the roms at the sockets??

Let me know if you have clues on this I really wanted to know how they did it! Thanks

Last edited:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
It's actually very simple to do. You load 4 27C801 chips with one game's main code on the upper halves and the other game on the lower halves. Pull up A19 so it hangs outside the socket and replace the 4 original 27c4001 with your new chips. Then wire a SPDT switch so A is Ground, B is +5V and the Com goes to all 4 A19 of the chips. Place switch where you like and your done.

Last edited: