AES Reproduction inserts is now a thing it seems ...

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
If they were made of a different material or looked different then it wouldnt be so bad, i know there are people who want them but i want stuff too which i cant have thats life, and as hes listing on ebay anyway people can get from there but his sales posts have been removed from the group

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Most (if not all) modern printers contain "microdots" so you can track what model printer made the artwork. It's a form of tracking & if you know where to look, you could easily distinguish a real from a fake. It's not a particularly well known aspect of modern printers, but some even encode I.P. addresses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_steganography

http://archive.is/gqTSF

p05568yh.jpg

"On 3 June, FBI agents arrived at the house of government contractor Reality Leigh Winner in Augusta, Georgia. They had spent the last two days investigating a top secret classified document that had allegedly been leaked to the press. In order to track down Winner, agents claim they had carefully studied copies of the document provided by online news site The Intercept and noticed creases suggesting that the pages had been printed and “hand-carried out of a secured space”.

In an affidavit, the FBI alleges that Winner admitted printing the National Security Agency (NSA) report and sending it to The Intercept. Shortly after a story about the leak was published, charges against Winner were made public.

"At that point, experts began taking a closer look at the document, now publicly available on the web. They discovered something else of interest: yellow dots in a roughly rectangular pattern repeated throughout the page. They were barely visible to the naked eye, but formed a coded design. After some quick analysis, they seemed to reveal the exact date and time that the pages in question were printed: 06:20 on 9 May, 2017 – at least, this is likely to be the time on the printer’s internal clock at that moment. The dots also encode a serial number for the printer.

These “microdots” are well known to security researchers and civil liberties campaigners. Many colour printers add them to documents without people ever knowing they’re there."

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Never knew that microdots thing was a thing. Interesting.

"On 3 June, FBI agents arrived at the house of government contractor Reality Leigh Winner in Augusta, Georgia.

More importantly, this guys name was Reality Winner? Looks like he might need to change that to Reality Loser :keke:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This has been going on for years, French and Spanish eBayers selling "conversion kits" that come with an insert, manual and cart sticker.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Never knew about those microdots.

Last edited:

xorthen

Banned
Nothing wrong with repro shit. The market is too fucked up for Neo as it is anyways. I couldn't give a shit about bootleg neo stuff since it has become over inflated.