Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AES Reproduction inserts is now a thing it seems ...

Southern Pounce.

AES Reproduction inserts is now a thing it seems ...

Ok, there is this group on Facebook called Neo Geo For Life (NGFL) which also has a NGFL Sales & Trades thread. Even though I'm a member there I rarely interact with people.

Came across this guy however lately that does AES repro inserts that claims they are 100% identical to the original in every way. I told him he should add some text somewhere to state this is a repro to distinguish from the original. In the beginning he seemed to agree with me after a very long conversation (after we discussed this on his Spinmaster 100% identical to the original insert) and he made a Neo Turf Masters with his initials and the words "reproduction' on it. Now however he is doing again 100% identical to the originals AES inserts.

He's from the US it seems so be wary if you see any too good to be true regarding condition games lately being sold.

Some pics since this is a closed group:

https://postimg.org/gallery/1hft05rl2/

And separate links:

https://s26.postimg.org/d382exrkp/Sc...t_22.19.59.png
    https://s26.postimg.org/74yuifxzt/Sc...t_22.20.25.png
    https://s26.postimg.org/5onc0av2x/Sc...t_22.20.41.png
    https://s26.postimg.org/d76h8xmft/Sc...t_22.22.56.png

Galford's Armourer

I saw this there earlier this evening too and seems he's getting loads of people interested! We're all doomed

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

LOL AES collecting in 2017.
    >

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Came across this guy however lately that does AES repro inserts that claims they are 100% identical to the original in every way.
    Paging loupe crew.

Super Spy Agent

I've seen this too, he seems to get really defensive when people mention possibility for bootlegging.

Southern Pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngArth3r View Post
    I saw this there earlier this evening too and seems he's getting loads of people interested! We're all doomed
    That's the problem right there. Most people praise him and state they don't want any repro text of anything of the sort. They want a 100% original copy which I'm sure they will be flipping very soon on ebay for example.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    LOL AES collecting in 2017.
    Just sad man ...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    Paging loupe crew.
    Has this been done before in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    I've seen this too, he seems to get really defensive when people mention possibility for bootlegging.
    Yeah, as if it didn't cross his mind ... BS!
    Last edited by DaytimeDreamer; 09-23-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Has this been done before in the past?
    Obviously reproduction inserts aren't new, I'm just wondering how 100% indistinguishable from the originals these actually are. There are a lot of things to look for if you know what you're doing (I don't, it's gone past what I know to look for now), I'm willing to bet there are some guys on here who could separate the real from these fakes in seconds.

Unfortunately there are far, far more people who will tell you that they can when they actually can't, that's the real problem.

Southern Pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    Obviously reproduction inserts aren't new, I'm just wondering how 100% indistinguishable from the originals these actually are. There are a lot of things to look for if you know what you're doing (I don't, it's gone past what I know to look for now), I'm willing to bet there are some guys on here who could separate the real from these fakes in seconds.

Unfortunately there are far, far more people who will tell you that they can when they actually can't, that's the real problem.
    Very true. If he's done such a good job I guess you would need a microscope or a way to get into those very fine details here and there on the insert to able to tell them apart.

Galford's Armourer

If it was just a case of using a Jewelers loupe to verify it's legit or not I wouldn't be too worried. However, if it's completely indistinguishable from the original and the repro then we have a problem.

I'm just pleased I don't have many games I want to buy for the AES, but feel sorry for anyone just starting out :/

Yamazaki's Pupil

It goes beyond looking through a loupe for offset printing or whatever it is, things like ink characteristics and paper qualities differed at different points in the production runs of the games. Features of the paper on the back of the insert, that isn't printed on, are important too.

THE INSERT NERDS WILL SAVE US ALL.

He's already selling the inserts on eBay. Beware, Fakk2 will be his bankroll soon.

Sho's Rival

The worst. Wtf is wrong with people??

Thankful I acquired everything high value I wanted AWS wise years ago. This shit is getting old lately

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'

I don't interact with people on the fb group. I usually just watch them act like tards and do stupid shit like this.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Quote Originally Posted by awbacon View Post
    Thankful I acquired everything high value I wanted AWS wise years ago. This shit is getting old lately
    There are high value Atomiswave games? Sure MS6 is a bit pricey but not really crazy.
    >

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Agghh, bootlegging Aes shit is old news. Who even cares anymore. I've been collecting Aes since the early 2000's and I could give two shits about some asshole making repro inserts.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    Agghh, bootlegging Aes shit is old news. Who even cares anymore. I've been collecting Aes since the early 2000's and I could give two shits about some asshole making repro inserts.
    You know what's gayer than collecting AES?

Spoiler:
    Neither do I.
    >

Chang's Grocer

Spoiler:
    Neither do I.
    Making repro MVS kit boxes?

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Spoiler:
    Neither do I.

It's collecting now but when I first started it was about playing the games. This was before games were stupid ridiculous in price. As years went on, shit got pricier but it was still somewhat affordable. I've always loved the Aes format more than MVS, always will. The cool Snaplock Cases, Manuals, Big Carts with real labels. It's always been the way to go for me. It's considered gay and stupid now because the prices have gotten out of control but to each his own. It's all good for someone to spend $300 on a pulstar with repro label or a Samsho Special cart for $800. MVS and Aes Collectards are all the same. Both are fagits.

Die Gans

The fact that he left Greece when shit hit the fan and that he's still wasting money as if nothing happened.

Great contribution, btw.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Making repro MVS kit boxes?
    Old news. I make my own mvs kit.........

Ninja Combat Warrior

aes collecting boosts autism.

Southern Pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by supergoose View Post
    The fact that he left Greece when shit hit the fan and that he's still wasting money as if nothing happened.

Great contribution, btw.
    Dad, is that you?

On the contrary, I'm slowly getting rid of a lot of stuff. Just wanted to give a word of warning since the guy that is doing is originates from the US.

Who?

I'm all in for a backside of the insert marking to distinguish a real one from a repro if it's far beyond distinguishable.

I wouldn't be so alarmed of this.

You can always see this with car restoration perspective. Once a rusty old piece turning into a brand new restored machine. It's no longer in it's original state, but you know that and you don't care because it looks bright and shinny.

Now, this guy's inserts can tell the same story as they will look mintier than mint.

Ninja Combat Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    I'm all in for a backside of the insert marking to distinguish a real one from a repro if it's far beyond distinguishable...
    yeah! maybe a stamp on the backside!

New Challenger

Ok, there is this group on Facebook called Neo Geo For Life (NGFL) which also has a NGFL Sales & Trades thread. Even though I'm a member there I rarely interact with people.

Came across this guy however lately that does AES repro inserts that claims they are 100% identical to the original in every way. I told him he should add some text somewhere to state this is a repro to distinguish from the original. In the beginning he seemed to agree with me after a very long conversation (after we discussed this on his Spinmaster 100% identical to the original insert) and he made a Neo Turf Masters with his initials and the words "reproduction' on it. Now however he is doing again 100% identical to the originals AES inserts.

He's from the US it seems so be wary if you see any too good to be true regarding condition games lately being sold.

Some pics since this is a closed group:

https://postimg.org/gallery/1hft05rl2/

And separate links:

https://s26.postimg.org/d382exrkp/Sc...t_22.19.59.png
    https://s26.postimg.org/74yuifxzt/Sc...t_22.20.25.png
    https://s26.postimg.org/5onc0av2x/Sc...t_22.20.41.png
    https://s26.postimg.org/d76h8xmft/Sc...t_22.22.56.png
    Cannot be like 100% original if he use laser print ... the difference between Offset print original SNK and laser print copy is very important !

Thread Information