Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGPC NTM Los Turfes Club: Pocket League Score Thread

Thumbs up NGPC NTM Los Turfes Club: Pocket League Score Thread

Out of the days of yore here comes a wonder brightening the face that bore the ponder from winter days a new asunder full of haste lore and fonder...

NEO TURF MASTERS
    LOST TURFES CLUB
    POCKET LEAGUE

Here we are yet another Golfing bonanza, put up your scores, take some pics to legitimize the run, talk strategies, travesties, new finds and of course the Clubs of Legend...

Emulation allowed as well, NGPC save states quick play OK. No emulation save states, leads to mulligans and we can't have that, it wouldn't be fair. Do a legit run and post pics to back it up.

I know there's a triple crown and the regular mode, we can cover them all.

Here's the format for all submissions

| Handle | Score | Course | Golfer | Mode | Platform | Clubs |

| Caplet | +4 | USA | Technician | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    The screen above can be found under records, take a picture and submit yours.

| Handle | Score | Course | Golfer | Mode | Platform | Clubs |

USA
    | Caplet | -12 | USA | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | suicidekiller | -12 | USA | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | herb | -10 | USA | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Clubs of Legend Run |

JAPAN

| suicidekiller | -14 | Japan | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | Caplet | -13 | Japan | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | Vectorman0 | -12 | Japan | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | Faselei! | +2 | Japan | Shot master | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Germany

| suicidekiller | -15 | Germany | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | Caplet | -14 | Germany | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | Vectorman0 | -11 | Germany | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

We'll be working a banner soon enough, suggestions, ideas, improvements are all welcome, wanna make the banner? Go for gold! Wanna make a team, even better! Wanna throw down some hot golfers, yes please!

See you on the fairway!

I'll edit this thread later with score tables for every course like the Big Leagues Score Thread.

What? Dunno where that is? Click the Banner and pedal to the medal!
    Last edited by Dark Jaguar; 06-05-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Great stuff EG!

Amano's Drinking Buddy

Once I get my NGPC back from James I'll take pics. I find I'm better at the NGPC version than MVS.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Great stuff EG!
    Kudos! Gots to have eyes like an eagle to score eagles on the pocket ;).

Cheng's Errand Boy

I guess I should pick up a copy of Turf Masters and get in on this.

Occult Archmage

After stupidly losing (leaving) my copy on the train, I just picked up a replacement for $10! I will be in on this soon enough.

Critical Damage!

I'm struggling on the Par 3 (hole 11?) on the USA course...3 straight runs in good shape - get there each time and I just can't seem to find the right club and power. Water water everywhere...ugh. Gonna tray one more run...
    Rare PROTO HUNTER; Looking For: Jak and Daxter, New Zealand Story (original build only), Ratchet and Clank 2, Tak and the Power of the JuJu

Paying 4 figures + for any of the above.

Found in 2017: Recalhorn, Dr. Yam Yam, Sunday Fundy

You can do it Mike! I have faith in you, be the first to make an entry and I'll have Nancy take good care of you on the Master League

Windjammers Wonder

Sadly the score screen went away far too quickly for me to fumble out my phone and get a pic. It unfortunately doesn't stay up on screen like it does on the MVS/AES versions. This was my score if you want to count it:

herb - -10 - USA - Shot Maker - Stroke Play - NGPC

One of the best tips I can give is that the slice is your best friend. Also don't be afraid to get into bunker's or the rough.

Does anyone know about the Clubs of Legend?
    Last edited by herb; 04-30-2015 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This is Neo-geo.com, panda. Everyone here loves to waste money, obviously.

Cheng's Errand Boy

I snagged this the other day; as soon as it arrives I'll dig in and post some terrible scores.

Quote Originally Posted by herb View Post
    Sadly the score screen went away far too quickly for me to fumble out my phone and get a pic. It unfortunately doesn't stay up on screen like it does on the MVS/AES versions. This was my score if you want to count it:

herb - -10 - USA - Shot Maker - Stroke Play - NGPC

One of the best tips I can give is that the slice is your best friend. Also don't be afraid to get into bunker's or the rough.

Does anyone know about the Clubs of Legend?
    Let's count it up! First Entry! I like to have pics to back it up but if it's that much of a hassle then let's just give everyone the benefit of the doubt and see how it goes.

Clubs of Legend can only be used on VS matches as far as I know and once used they're done. Pretty cool feature to have and I'm glad is not usable on stroke play 'cause it would make things unfair.

Host for Orochi

Nice, I'm in too. Time to fire up the good old Pocket

Oh and can we change the hyphens in the score sheet into something more readable, like:

| herb | -10 | USA | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC |

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    Let's count it up! First Entry! I like to have pics to back it up but if it's that much of a hassle then let's just give everyone the benefit of the doubt and see how it goes.

Clubs of Legend can only be used on VS matches as far as I know and once used they're done. Pretty cool feature to have and I'm glad is not usable on stroke play 'cause it would make things unfair.
    Cool, I'm pretty happy with the score. As for The Clubs of Legend, I do believe I used them is Stroke Play. After I chose my guy, it asked if I wanted to use them or not and I did. What benefits do they give? If it gives an unfair advantage, feel free to take my score off or put an annotation next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This is Neo-geo.com, panda. Everyone here loves to waste money, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by herb View Post
    Cool, I'm pretty happy with the score. As for The Clubs of Legend, I do believe I used them is Stroke Play. After I chose my guy, it asked if I wanted to use them or not and I did. What benefits do they give? If it gives an unfair advantage, feel free to take my score off or put an annotation next to it.
    Yeah man, any under double digits score is a good score. Annotation will do, just to keep things straight. I'm pretty laid back so I'm not here to bash on people's records, I'm just glad someone took some initative, once we have more records submitted I'll set some tables and organize things better.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    Nice, I'm in too. Time to fire up the good old Pocket

Oh and can we change the hyphens in the score sheet into something more readable, like:

| herb | -10 | USA | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC |
    Good call!

Edit: I also would like to work on a banner for the the thread and spread awareness withy it like the other NTM thread. I was thinking using some art from the game booklet as it has many funny ones like the brit staring at the ball, that's my favorite. Any ideas or if someone wants to take on it by all means do it up!
    Last edited by Dark Jaguar; 05-01-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Cheng's Errand Boy

I got the game in the mail yesterday and managed to put some time into it last night. Plenty of room for improvement, obviously. The score screen does go away rather quickly, so hopefully the records screen in the options menu is acceptable.

| Caplet | +4 | Japan | Technician | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

| Caplet | +4 | USA | Technician | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

That's great, we should resort to this as the submission format for the thread. I think it works great and thanks for your entry!

I will make the tables and make the OP more presentable, also I'll be working on the banner, slowly but surely, steady wins the race! If anyone wants to take the initiative you'd be most welcome.
    Last edited by Dark Jaguar; 05-03-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Cheng's Errand Boy

| Caplet | -1 | Germany | Technician | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

The Brit is my favorite as well! Good going!

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    The Brit is my favorite as well! Good going!
    Thanks. It was nice to finally sneak in under par. As for the banner, this is nothing fancy but might serve as a placeholder until someone makes something better.

Thanks for the contribution!

Enemy Chaser

great idea, will try to make time to submit a score (allthough mine are very puny )
    Berries fighting game quest signature is under development - Completed NeoGeo MVS fighters so far: AoF, AoF2, AoF3, SS, SS2, SS3, SS4, KoF94, KoF95, KoF96, KoF97, KoF98, WH, WH2, WH2Jet, Waku Waku 7, FF, FF2, FFS, FF3, Savage Reign, Kizuna Encounter, Kabuki Klash, Galaxy Fight, Last Blade
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...59#post3851759

Timid Neo Newbie

| Faselei! | +2 | Japan | Shot master | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    image.jpg

Great thread idea!
    ...last three holes I finished with 7 - 7 - 5.. So hopefully I can sort that out and finish under par next time!

Alright, things are coming along, thanks to everyone participating!

Cheng's Errand Boy

It turns out that I'm really bad at this game. Hopefully I can throw up a decent score tomorrow. I'm starting to do pretty well with Technician though.

Host for Orochi

Alright, time for some competition. I played Japan and South-Europe (Germany) for now. I fucked up a lot, so there's still plenty of room for improvement. Memorable was hole number 7 on the South-Europe course. First bunker, then rough and ending up with an eagle score

| suicidekiller | -10 | Japan | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
    | suicidekiller | -10 | Germany | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

@OP: Please differentiate between Normal and Club of Legends as the latter have way better stats and should not be compared to the Normal clubs. Also they Club of Legends can only be used once and after that you have to win the Triple Crown again in order to use them again.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Thread Information