Samurai shodown 2 graphical gliches

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Hello all first time posting here. I have been haveing odd issues with my MVS version of shin samurai spirits 2. I know about the power meter glitch already. My issues is different. When i play the game everything is normal and no issues for the frist few matches but around the 3rd matchs odd things happen.sometimes its random squires in the background start flashing random images. They normaly only last one round and go away. Then sometimes a whitebar shows up one the leftside of the screen and one time it was in the middle of the screen. I have cleaned the game connectors and my system game slot.but no luck ingetting it to stop. My other games all work great.its just this one that has issues.anyone else have this or maybe have suggestions on what the issue might be?
1BD80166-DA2D-4E8F-A05B-4A51C7EA8D75.jpeg

4CA95FFB-F5CB-4182-B316-6A65A2213757.jpeg

Last edited:

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Some more screens of differnt graphic issues
AAC2DE5D-0D73-4318-AB20-2C9C57BDEAC5.jpeg
AE14242F-84AE-40D5-8A40-E3CC16CD7819.jpeg
Tried reflowing the S1 chip but that did not change anything

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Anyone have any ideas on this? All my other games work fine but this one. Even my other samurai showdown games work like normal. I picked up a 2nd copy of the game and it also gets Glitches.They are not as bad as the first one but they are their. I was only playing for about 10-15 minutes on the 2nd copy and they started to show up. the moving floor tile and some glitches the left hand side of the screen. i did not play for too long i will need to test more another time. I have cleaned both games very well and since it starts to show up over time and not right from the start. i want to rule out the cart being Dirty . Also for both games to have similar issues i am starting to think its not a game cart issue. unless this is a known issue with the game. i can't find anything on it. Does anyone know if this is a issue with the MV-1f board and this game? I know some boards and games don't funk well together. Also does anyone else get these issues? Could it be a cap issue? or something else with my board? Again all my other games run fine and don't glitch overtime like this one.

Last edited:

pnauts

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Is it MVS or AES ?
Looks like a cracking solder joint.
check your C rom (and if it's AES, follow the traces to CT0 or ZMC2)

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The fact that you have two copies of the game with the same issue makes me think its not the cart.

But with that said, I will say I had an issue with SamSho2 in the past where the audio would start cutting up after a few matches. I ended up reflowing solder on the ground points of the V roms and it solved my issue. So its probably worth inspecting the solder joints of the C roms like pnauts mentioned.

Also, checking with another MVS board just to verify its a cart issue.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Update on this,

thank you guys for the information and help. i looked over the board and checked the C Roms. I did not notice any cracked Solder joints. But i did see a lot of Cold/dull ones. so i removed the solder on these and reflowed them. then tested the first game i had gotten. This cleared things up a little but the glitches still showed them sleeves it just took longer into playing. instead of showing up around the 4th stage they stated around the 8th-9th. I also noticed some occasional health bar issues. at this point i decided to remove and reflow the S1 chips solder and C8. then tested health bar issues stopped but Glitches stayed. I did notice however while fighting hanzo i noticed for the first time some crows that should have been sitting on the cuttable stone on the right side of the screen. All the time they had been missing and never realized. so cleaning up the C8 rom must have fixed that. I continued to do both C7-C6 now the issues are gone. Now to fix the 2nd copy i have.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Also Both copies i have of the game are Japanese and the repair rom set. funny how both copies of the game had pretty much the same issue. Only thing i can think of its they are both repair rom sets an that might have something to do with it, but can't really say for sure. if anyone is having issues like remove and reflow the C rom's thats what worked for me.

thanks again Pnauts and Niko for the help and suggestions