Accents... that make you go... WTF...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Boston.

I'm sure they make fun of ny accents as enthusiastically. I have a peer who's from Boston and ensures everyone knows as soon as he opens his mouth. It's fun.

I can't stand the Boston accent, either. People use it as a badge of honor and over-emphasize it.

I also hate German accents - Germans always sound so angry. A German dude could be telling a kitten how cute it is and it will sound like he's ordering the death of thousands. Fun fact - play American-English in reverse and it sounds German.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I like when you call a support center or wherever that is obviously not in the US and they have their made up American names. In a thick accent, "Hello, this is Daniel, how can I help you?"

Every indian scammer video on youtube.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Balmer, Philly, and Virginia accents are horrid.

Virginian accents? Like the southern hillbilly part of Virginia?

One guy asked me where I'm from one day and I said from here. He said I didn't sound like I was from around here. I've always questioned my accent ever since then. But I think I speak a very standard, uniform kind of English.

edit: Used to work with a Welsh guy, holy shit...if I could barely make out what he's saying and have to ask him to repeat himself because I couldn't understand, how could the Chinese ever figure out what he's saying? Felt kinda bad for him tbh.

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Austrian as they speak it in Vienna. Disgusting. Usually rude as fuck, too.

Entered a shop in Switzerland. Small town near the German border. They seemed friendly but I was shocked that I didn't understand a single word. Not one.

Can't stand hearing Russian women talk amongst themselves. Usually loud and obnoxious. Instant headache.

Was talking to a woman from Saxony, last night. Holy shit! Really not used to that anymore. She was friendly, though.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Berlin, they talk like peasants. It's like a medley of the worst East Germany has to offer and, like every peasant, they're proud of it. Hanover is, where it's at. Hearing them makes you forget that it's actually German. Heavenly.

The next on my list is Öcher Platt from Aachen. They also have the most obnoxious football team. Having fun in your Kreisliga, suckers? I never disliked the numerous Bavarian accents, though. They sound funny and also have a cheerful rhythm.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Berlin, they talk like peasants. It's like a medley of the worst East Germany has to offer and, like every peasant, they're proud of it. Hanover is, where it's at. Hearing them makes you forget that it's actually German. Heavenly.

The next on my list is Öcher Platt from Aachen. They also have the most obnoxious football team. Having fun in your Kreisliga, suckers? I never disliked the numerous Bavarian accents, though. They sound funny and also have a cheerful rhythm.

basically, everything south of hamburg should be nuked or sold off to the surrouding countries.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
basically, everything south of hamburg should be nuked or sold off to the surrouding countries.

I'm sure the Danes would love to take the little that's left too ;)

Or are you implying that the recent refugees are mostly down south?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
No mention of the Yorkshire accent yet?

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Really strong Northern Ireland accents

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Haitian Creole. It sounds like complete jiberish and Haitians always talk loud as all hell...so listening to it gets on my nerves real goddamn quick.

fake

15 Year Member
I was at work once and a Russian customer came in. It was raining out. She said hi to me and pointed outside and said, "The fucking feather-men, huh?" I said, "What?" She says, "The feather-men! Always wrong!" I said "Oh, uhhh, yeah!"

On the drive home I realized she was saying "weathermen."

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I was at work once and a Russian customer came in. It was raining out. She said hi to me and pointed outside and said, "The fucking feather-men, huh?" I said, "What?" She says, "The feather-men! Always wrong!" I said "Oh, uhhh, yeah!"

On the drive home I realized she was saying "weathermen."

I realized that when I first read "feather-men." So, like less than a second. Are you a tard?

fake

15 Year Member
I realized that when I first read "feather-men." So, like less than a second. Are you a tard?

Everybody gets retarded when they walk into a Gamestop.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

given he wasn't reading a thread about accents but experiencing it first hand I feel this insult is unwarranted.

I spose I am a tard for forgetting that I was reading the accent thread and being exited about what mythological shiz might have being spoked of, tho.

Siren-of-the-Silent-Song-Art-by-Anthony-Palumbo.jpg

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
given he wasn't reading a thread about accents but experiencing it first hand I feel this insult is unwarranted.

I spose I am a tard for forgetting that I was reading the accent thread and being exited about what mythological shiz might have being spoked of, tho.

Siren-of-the-Silent-Song-Art-by-Anthony-Palumbo.jpg

Still following me around the forum, eh? Pretty sad.