Triforce Update

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I booted Virtua Striker 4 v. 2006 on my Triforce and it gave me a following message:

"Boot/Firm version does not fulfill game the spec. Please enter game test to update."

Once I go to the game test, sure enough, there is an update option, but what does it do, exactly? I'm guessing it updates the Triforce firmware itself, but with what?

I'm using the same net DIMM on my Naomi boards and on the Triforce. Were I to update, would netbooting be affected in any way?

Edit: I went into the system update menu. It reads:

Update Boot Program
Current version: 1.07
Latest version: 3.01

Again, the only thing I'm really concerned about is the update affecting netbooting in any way.

Last edited:

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Update Boot Program
Current version: 1.07
Latest version: 3.01

Again, the only thing I'm really concerned about is the update affecting netbooting in any way.

Thats intresting is it updating the system or the Dimm board because to netboot you must surely be on a higher dimm board version than 1.07
This is curious

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Thats intresting is it updating the system or the Dimm board because to netboot you must surely be on a higher dimm board version than 1.07 This is curious

It's the "boot" of the Triforce itself, not the NetDIMM. Also, I have recently found out that you can change Triforce and Chihiro regions from the system menu. What I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, though, is the fact that Triforce Type 1 keeps track of your region changes, displaying a number at the bottom of the screen if the option is accessed. I wonder if there's some limit to how many times you can change your region, like in old PC DVD drives.

kioku25

n00b
Apologies for bumping the thread, but I'm in much the same situation as the OP and need some help. I was trying to play Virtua Striker 4 v. 2006 on my Triforce Type 1 and just like the OP was prompted to update the BOOT/FIRM. So I went into the GAME TEST and updated the MAIN BOOT from v. 1.07 to v. 3.01. After the update completed successfully, I was urged to reboot the Triforce and sure enough, it now displays 3.01 in TEST MODE.

Unfortunately the game still keeps displaying the above message: "BOOT/FIRM VERSION DOES NOT FULFILL THE GAME SPEC. PLEASE ENTER GAME TEST AND UPDATE." and refuses to boot. Trying to repeat the update process only yields a message basically saying that everything is already up to date.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong here, or how I can get the game to boot?

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Does anyone have an idea what went wrong here, or how I can get the game to boot?

I'm answering my own question here, but as it turns out, Virtua Striker 4 is not compatible with Triforce Type 1. In fact, very few games are. So given you have the highest possible Type 1 firmware, you'll only ever be able to play F-Zero AX [but not Monster Ride], Gekitou Pro Yakyuu and Virtua Striker 2002. Additionally, F-Zero requires special controls. Sp yeah, if you want to play everything but these, it has to be Type 3.

kioku25

n00b
Ah, that explains it. So I take it the normal Virtua Striker 4 (not v. 2006) is incompatible as well?

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Still cant play it, but you can play it on Nintendont, which runs on a wii.