Thread: Triforce Update

Kula's Candy

Triforce Update

I booted Virtua Striker 4 v. 2006 on my Triforce and it gave me a following message:

"Boot/Firm version does not fulfill game the spec. Please enter game test to update."

Once I go to the game test, sure enough, there is an update option, but what does it do, exactly? I'm guessing it updates the Triforce firmware itself, but with what?

I'm using the same net DIMM on my Naomi boards and on the Triforce. Were I to update, would netbooting be affected in any way?

Edit: I went into the system update menu. It reads:

Update Boot Program
    Current version: 1.07
    Latest version: 3.01

Again, the only thing I'm really concerned about is the update affecting netbooting in any way.
    Last edited by Morden; 09-19-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Update Boot Program
    Current version: 1.07
    Latest version: 3.01

Again, the only thing I'm really concerned about is the update affecting netbooting in any way.
    Thats intresting is it updating the system or the Dimm board because to netboot you must surely be on a higher dimm board version than 1.07
    This is curious

Kula's Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Geekman1222 View Post
    Thats intresting is it updating the system or the Dimm board because to netboot you must surely be on a higher dimm board version than 1.07 This is curious
    It's the "boot" of the Triforce itself, not the NetDIMM. Also, I have recently found out that you can change Triforce and Chihiro regions from the system menu. What I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, though, is the fact that Triforce Type 1 keeps track of your region changes, displaying a number at the bottom of the screen if the option is accessed. I wonder if there's some limit to how many times you can change your region, like in old PC DVD drives.

Thread Information