Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Rugal's Thug
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    I bet you're a shrewd negotiator when you're keeling over in septic shock. Hold on, I think the hospital across town has a better price on appendectomies.
    It's funny that you should mention this. Actually, insurance companies do this all the time. Except they negotiate when the bill comes. It's weird that this is done at all. You can't negotiate with WalMart or Amazon. But, the insurance companies are able to negotiate with hospitals and doctors like some podunk flea market.

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    You negotiate you ins prices in the emergency room?
    The insurance is there to fund the payouts to the service providers, so the charges made by the hospital are a major component...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDean View Post
    It's funny that you should mention this. Actually, insurance companies do this all the time. Except they negotiate when the bill comes. It's weird that this is done at all. You can't negotiate with WalMart or Amazon. But, the insurance companies are able to negotiate with hospitals and doctors like some podunk flea market.
    ...and they're all done in secret, with all the honesty and professionalism of a railroad baron bribing your mayor.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

Playa'
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    The insurance is there to fund the payouts to the service providers, so the charges made by the hospital are a major component...

...and they're all done in secret, with all the honesty and professionalism of a railroad baron bribing your mayor.
    They aren't done in secret. Unfortunately I was involved in this regarding a 40k hospital bill. Sure your not talking out your ass?

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    They aren't done in secret. Unfortunately I was involved in this regarding a 40k hospital bill. Sure your not talking out your ass?
    Positive.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

Thread Information