Good inexpensive source for female scart connectors ?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Vellemans is out of stock and I can only find them on ebay for $6 a piece. Any other recommendations. US source preferred (if possible). Thanks for looking

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The Velleman ones are crap.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Are you intending to board mount this scart connector or run it with a cable? I found some board mount females on Digi key and Mouser for about 2 to 4 US doll hairs after poking around for a few mins ;P

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I am not board mounting them. Just need some scart to BNC cables so I can hook up some rgb cables to an Extron video switch box I have. Lemony Vengeance has given me a couple ideas that I am looking into.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I was going to just make or buy custom BNC cables for my consoles for my Extron tbh. Good luck let us know what you come up with :D

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Extron really only seems worth it if you build your own cables as bnc cables are expensive compared to SCART. If you look at RCA web store it's usually $20-$25 for a SCART cable, add $17 to that if you want it fully shielded. The BNC cables however are $53-$55 but at least they are fully shielded.

yd62zj90ezlz.jpg

Posted above is probably what it will look like should you not cable manage.

Something that takes up a lot of room, looks bad if not cable managed, not easy to transfer over to another setup should the extron die or you want to go to using SCART switchers. You really need to make your own cables or else there isn't a point over a traditional switch imo (unless you need like 16 inputs 16 outputs for some arcane setup of monitors).

It is cool being able to display multiple devices simultaneously as well but you can do that with other devices to a less degree.

Last edited:

leonk

Marked Wolf
I needed a couple as well and ended paying ebay prices.

As a standalone component they don't seem to be very popular anymore.