Neo Geo Pocket RGB Board

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
https://twitter.com/turfmasta/status/907342668065394688

So how many of these exist? I had no idea this was even a thing, but it makes sense that a board like this would have been developed for review purposes. Hopefully turfmasta can elaborate on this a little bit. Would be great if we could reverse engineer it somehow.

ngp.png

Last edited:

-SD-

Camel Slug
I'd commit acts of unspeakable wrongness to get my hands on one of those. The only other pictures I've seen originated from NGF I believe.

In the meantime, if this could be analysed to see if it's possible to pull RGB from a retail system that would be fantastic.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
god damn that is a sexy board. You can't even put a price on something so rare.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Lol, Dion tried selling me his for like $14,000 in 2012, he had it on eBay for higher. Looking for the email now lol

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Lol, Dion tried selling me his for like $14,000 in 2012, he had it on eBay for higher. Looking for the email now lol

Jesus Christ. Even if there were only 5 boards in circulation & it ended at $1000 at auction I would say that's a bit much. Sometimes I forget where I am.

jewelquest-jewquest.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

bovined

n00b
So....anyone looking to sell theirs???

also what is the issue with the unit itself with any type of video out? Are there simply no signals to tap to get video out?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Clearly he mistook you for a fool with money, we know you got none but a fool you still are...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So....anyone looking to sell theirs???

also what is the issue with the unit itself with any type of video out? Are there simply no signals to tap to get video out?

wyo has one he's looking to sell for $3,500. Shoot him a PM.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There was some dude in Japan who made a consolized NGPC, he didn't want to say how it was done.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
just posting to say I'd be all over a consolized NGPC.

is there any good emulation that also gets the colors right? I haven't checked in a while...

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
just posting to say I'd be all over a consolized NGPC.

is there any good emulation that also gets the colors right? I haven't checked in a while...

Same here, I'd absolutely love to play the original carts on TV.

About emulation, I use NGP.emu on my GPD XD and it works pretty well, but unfortunately the pad is horrible in comparison with the original one.

Yohanov

n00b
I remember sawing on youtube that someone did his own board so if you are techie enough that's definitely doable without spending 12K.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I remember sawing on youtube that someone did his own board so if you are techie enough that's definitely doable without spending 12K.
do you remember where you saw this? do you have a link? it would be great if you could share this.

Yohanov

n00b
Didn't know about this recent project, I was thinking about older projects I had seen from Japan, France...

Yeah as you see someone with the appropriate skills can consolize it without much issues, but usually they leave it at one prototype and are not interested to produce more units. Producing more would also mean sacrificing a lot of working consoles so I don't know if it's worth it.

What would be cool to me is a NGPC Versus setup on a fighting game with 2 tvs and db15 arcade sticks :)
(or just P1 with the stick and P2 with the ngpc console as pad with the board video signal splitted to both tvs).

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Producing more would also mean sacrificing a lot of working consoles so I don't know if it's worth it.
Woozle, the guy working on it has said he's "working on getting the pinout for the 36-pin lcd flex cable, that way I just plug directly into the NGPC with no soldering". So I would assume that it's a non-destructive method to attaching this mod to an original unit. That way the FPGA board he's using could just plug in, then detach if the owner wanted to return the unit back to stock. I would prefer this personally, sacking original hardware for these types of projects should be avoided as much as possible.

Yohanov

n00b
Yeah that would be perfect then, and I see that he will try to add a db15 port :) But as he said we have to manage our expectations for now.

Last edited:

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
this is so amazing. Definitely going to follow this tech now. I had no idea it was at all possible to get any kind of signal out of the ngpc, I guess simply because so few people care about it in relation to gameboy/gamegear. Doesn't have a nostalgic effect for enough people.