PC Engine 50Hz

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This PC engine has been modified to fit PAL 50Hz TV.
It lacks the 21.47727 4-pin oscillator and has a daughter-board linked between RGB lines and oscillator empty slot to induce 50Hz signal.
I would like to remove it but I can't find any online shop that sells the 21.47727 4-pin oscillator.
Any idea where I could procure this part?

Singapore and Hong Kong are plagued with Japanese consoles modified to PAL 50Hz :(

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Could you just use 2x 2-pin crystals? Or just one and jumper the other?

X68

n00b
I've got a junk PCE which I could give you the oscillator from, just pay the postage

BTW full size DIN on white PCE is wrongo, use a mini din instead and don't fuck up the shell

Last edited:

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Could you just use 2x 2-pin crystals? Or just one and jumper the other?
I don't think I can use a 2-pin crystal.

I've got a junk PCE which I could give you the oscillator from, just pay the postage
That would be great! I'll send you a PM

BTW full size DIN on white PCE is wrongo, use a mini din instead and don't fuck up the shell
I was planning to Dremel the hole to fit the regular DIN.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah a PCB-mount 8-pin mini-DIN is a much better choice IMO. It's not hard to do, just solder the connector right onto the ground plane and if you line it up right, you don't have to do any case trimming.

X68

n00b
Matey doesn't seem to want this anymore I've bothered to desolder it - anyone want to see a pic of it squashed flat?

marked_for_death.jpg

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Overdue update on this thread.
I have removed the daughter board and installed the 21.47727 oscillator provided by X68. The system now runs at 60Hz.
I did replace the DIN by mini-Din.

Thanks for the help, problem solved