Air Duel Conversion/Boot

W.U.D.O.

n00b
If sticker is different than the game does that mean the irem board is a conversion? Here is my Air Duel. It has a Image Fight sticker on the board.

Attachments

• IMG_6319.JPG
    IMG_6319.JPG
    602.1 KB · Views: 83

Asure

Captain Dick,
The 8751 at AD-C-PR has what appears to be a fully original Irem type label sticker, i guess it could be faked, but the 8751 is hard to dump if you do not have the right tools.
There is no dump available to the public. So you cannot create this game yourself on a few eproms. Also, the bottom row 7 is filled with official mask roms.

Long story short, Irem had upgrade kits available where arcade operators could insert the new chips and upgrade an older game.
Here's a picture of such a kit. http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/2960/dragon12.jpg

So, yours seems to be an original Image Fight pcb which was upgraded with an Air Duel upgrade kit, and the person who did it, did not put the label on the PCB.

Also we need a dump of that AD-C-PR for Mame.
Your board is valuable, take good care of it.

Edit: It's not $695 rare, just noticed this was on Ebay. Not collector's quality: Anal OCD kicks in, where's the Seal/Sticker the op didn't put on. Now it's a converted Image fight w/ no sticker. PASS. NEXT.

Edit2: A Prestimate in the low 300-400 range is much more likely, since it's missing the sticker, and that's normal M72 going rates for me :)

Last edited: