Thread: SNK IS Profitabale Again

Remembers The North

SNK IS Profitabale Again

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If so, delete. If not, enjoy.

It's been a rocky few years for SNK, but it was very happy to point out today that it is finally profitable again.

SNK shared its official financial statements in Gazette Magazine today, showing off that the company is doing quite well for itself now despite being in the negatives last year. The difference is significant as well – in FY 2016, the developer posted a loss of 558 million yen, while FY 2017 brought it to a 3.105 billion yen net profit. In other words, it reversed its fortunes.

The company had been struggling slightly after its acquisition by Chinese company 37Games. CEO Koichi Toyama decided that the developer would turn its back on the semi-lucrative pachinko business and focus on video games again, rebranding as SNK instead of SNK Playmore. The first initiative of this newfound passion for games was King of Fighters XIV, which has apparently done quite well for SNK.

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

"You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Oh Taiso dude, this must hurt. Beaten to it by TopTierIdiot and Search-Function'ed by a French Noob...

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    TopTierIdiot
    hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Thread Information