3ds Flash cards for Ds Games

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So I'm looking for a Flash Card that plays DS games. I'm aware of the more expensive ones that play 3ds games but not looking for one of those at the moment. I want one that's compatible with the New 3ds XL, DSI XL, and DS Lite.

No need for links. Just need the the name of the card.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I've had best experience with "R4i 3DS RTS", sometimes it's labeled SDHC. It needs to say 3DS on it, or it'll be restricted to the DS and DSi.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Do these save in game? I researched a few years back and I thought they didn't.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Have an R4i, works with all my DS hardware, even my new3ds. If by saving in game, you mean can you save, you certainly can. The rom will be able to save as though it were an OG version. There's no suspend save feature mid game with DS games, if that's what you mean. Some emulators might, but I can't speak for em, since I only use mine for DS games.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah I meant save in game, like where you are suppose to save in the actual game. Opposed to a state save in any location.

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Yeah I meant save in game, like where you are suppose to save in the actual game. Opposed to a state save in any location.

yes they save like they are supposed to. you can also convert gameshark saves to whatever format the card you gets save format. in most cases.

neomeo

New Challenger
In the beginning I was trying to get a freaky forms card. But after I read that the R4i plus was more readily available, I went with the latter option.