Art of Fighting 1-3 is coming on Vinyl! (and on CD)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
The Art of Fighting 2 OST will be (re-)released January 2019. The limited edition is a bad joke though IMO.

http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/007/

AOF2_Cover.jpg

ART OF FIGHTING 2 The Definitive Soundtrack features the entirety of the original music remastered and restored to the highest possible quality, in collaboration and consultation with SNK and the original composers of NEO Sound Orchestra. The CD and vinyl will feature artwork from the SNK archives by the legendary illustrator Shinkiro, in addition to in-depth liner notes by Greg Kasavin of Supergiant Games and development interviews with SNK members Yasuyuki Oda, Youichiro Soeda and Nobuyuki Kuroki.

ART OF FIGHTING 2 The Definitive Soundtrack will release for CD and vinyl in January 2018.

The following variants will be available in North America, Australia and Europe:

2-LP Vinyl
1. Standard 2-LP Edition (Transparent and Orange Vinyl) - US$36 / €36
2. Limited Edition with Certificate of Authenticity signed by Yasuyuki Oda and Youichiro Soeda - US$49 / €49 (150 only)

CD Edition
1. 1-CD Set: Standard Edition - US$15 / €15

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
150 copies of signed certificates. It's not even different in color, it's just paying more for 2 signatures.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Will be going with the regular edition which is already expensive enough.

It is a bit pricey, but i'll most likely end up picking it up because neo geo. I would prefer some KOF or Fatal Fury tracks, but supporting this is a start.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Pre-orders started today, at least for us European fellows. US orders from Fangamer will be later on I guess.

I went with the signed edition but only because it was the only one available ;) Plus the price was different to what they said: 38.40€ after tax which is still expensive but okay considering it is a double LP release.

What makes me wonder is the almost total silence from Brave Wave about this release. Just one twitter message and that's it. Not a very smart advertising in my book.

https://bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave/music/art-of-fighting-2-the-definitive-soundtrack

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Soeda worked on AOF2 and Oda never worked on an AOF to my knowledge but has been with SNK since KOF '95 (https://www.mobygames.com/developer/yasuyuki-oda/credits/developerId,362216/).

And there are going to be only 150 copies of a limited edition with some stupid certificate of authenticity with their signatures?

You'd have to be a real heel to not pony up an extra 13 bucks over the standard LP. That shit will be going for hundreds in a few years.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'd love some FFSpecial on vinyl, with the Neo CD tracks and original ost.

Saroyan

n00b
I ordered the AOF2 limited edition vinyl from Fangamer. I only got that one because it was the same $36 price as the standard edition. They still showed 8 copies left when I ordered mine.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
The Art of Fighting 2 OST will be (re-)released January 2019. The limited edition is a bad joke though IMO.

http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/007/

AOF2_Cover.jpg

Thanks for posting about this. I will be picking up the CD. It looks like you can already stream the soundtrack here for free:

https://store.bravewave.net/

Brave Wave's releases of Ninja Gaiden, SFII, and AOF on CD sound great and have a lot of care put into their packaging. I'm hoping Fatal Fury 1, 2, Special, and 3 get a release too.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks for posting about this. I will be picking up the CD. It looks like you can already stream the soundtrack here for free:

https://store.bravewave.net/

Brave Wave's releases of Ninja Gaiden, SFII, and AOF on CD sound great and have a lot of care put into their packaging. I'm hoping Fatal Fury 1, 2, Special, and 3 get a release too.

+1 on the Fatal Fury releases. Although, I’d hope they would go with the arranged versions of the ost’s since the arranged versions were also omitted from the Garou soundtrack collection released in japan years ago.

Bonus points if they use Sadamoto’s art:

147d8dfb9007596786bc0f93dcc19612.jpg

Last edited:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
+1 on the Fatal Fury releases. Although, I’d hope they would go with the arranged versions of the ost’s since the arranged versions were also omitted from the Garou soundtrack collection released in japan years ago.

Bonus points if they use Sadamoto’s art:

147d8dfb9007596786bc0f93dcc19612.jpg

That's a nice illustration. Nice textures on muscles and watercolor-like lighting within shadows. I liked this Sadamoto's work on Takara's Megadrive releases. Do you know his/her full name and/or kanji? I'd like to see some more of their work. Thanks for posting this:)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
That's a nice illustration. Nice textures on muscles and watercolor-like lighting within shadows. I liked this Sadamoto's work on Takara's Megadrive releases. Do you know his/her full name and/or kanji? I'd like to see some more of their work. Thanks for posting this:)

What’s up Kronos! No problem, it’s 貞本義行(Sadamoto Yoshiyuki). His art on the megadrive ports of the fatal fury games are still my favorites. Most know his work from the Evangelion series though.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
What’s up Kronos! No problem, it’s 貞本義行(Sadamoto Yoshiyuki). His art on the megadrive ports of the fatal fury games are still my favorites. Most know his work from the Evangelion series though.

it was the dame guy who did evangelion? wow. didn't know. i love the sega art work.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
it was the dame guy who did evangelion? wow. didn't know. i love the sega art work.

Sup bogard! Yeah his art definitely stood out even among shinkiro’s already awesome fatal fury covers. His evangelion art seemed to carry that same style of setting the protagonists in front of a backdrop that coveys the story/conflict the heroes are up against.

Sadamoto’s art from evangelion:
evangelion-artwork-sadamoto-1.jpg

Last edited:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
After a week you can still order the limited edition. In other words they didn't even sell 150 copies yet? Doesn't sound very profitably. Let's hope it doesn't affect AoF3 because that's the one release I'm really hoping for :buttrock:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Sup bogard! Yeah his art definitely stood out even among shinkiro’s already awesome fatal fury covers. His evangelion art seemed to carry that same style of setting the protagonists in front of a backdrop that coveys the story/conflict the heroes are up against.

Sadamoto’s art from evangelion:
evangelion-artwork-sadamoto-1.jpg

Nice.. thanks for the info on this artist BlackaneseNINJA. This Evangelion illustration is a bit more refined than his SNK themed pieces.. I know I'm getting off topic here.. Would you happen to know the name/kanji of the illustrator who created the main illustrations for Ninja Master's too? Always like that person's work. I heard he/she worked in anime too.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Nice.. thanks for the info on this artist BlackaneseNINJA. This Evangelion illustration is a bit more refined than his SNK themed pieces.. I know I'm getting off topic here.. Would you happen to know the name/kanji of the illustrator who created the main illustrations for Ninja Master's too? Always like that person's work. I heard he/she worked in anime too.

No problem; I wish knew the artist. I love the art in Ninja Masters but I can only speculate on who was ultimately responsible for the promotional visuals and cover art. I've seen Tomobe Seijin in the credits under special thanks but I haven't seen that name credited in anything else big.

Back on topic: The CD version of this ost collection is a little tempting.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
No problem; I wish knew the artist. I love the art in Ninja Masters but I can only speculate on who was ultimately responsible for the promotional visuals and cover art. I've seen Tomobe Seijin in the credits under special thanks but I haven't seen that name credited in anything else big.

Back on topic: The CD version of this ost collection is a little tempting.

Thanks for the info BlackaneseNINJA:)