Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How do I 3d scan small objects

  1. #1
    CPS2 Person.
    mainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Torrance, California, USA

    Posts
    3,478

    How do I 3d scan small objects

    I need to built a replacement component (button) that is made out of plastic that is broken. The part is small 5cm by 3cm. I have a intact sample but I need a scanner that can capture the contours correctly. Any thoughts.


    Throne of Games


    Quote Originally Posted by darksoft View Post
    Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

  2. #2
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,450
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    I need to built a replacement component (button) that is made out of plastic that is broken. The part is small 5cm by 3cm. I have a intact sample but I need a scanner that can capture the contours correctly. Any thoughts.
    You just have a 3D engineer measure it. I recommend Lions3.

  3. #3
    CPS2 Person.
    mainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Torrance, California, USA

    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    You just have a 3D engineer measure it. I recommend Lions3.
    Thanks J, going to pm Lion. hopefully he still comes around here.


    Throne of Games


    Quote Originally Posted by darksoft View Post
    Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

  4. #4
    Bloodhound
    hyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    dojo tachibana

    Posts
    5,195
    you can do it using photos or a kinnect if you have one lying around

  5. #5
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,485
    You get what you needed?
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  6. #6
    CPS2 Person.
    mainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Torrance, California, USA

    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    You get what you needed?
    yeah thanks man


    Quote Originally Posted by hyper View Post
    you can do it using photos or a kinnect if you have one lying around
    Kinect can't capture small objects
    Last edited by mainman; 09-13-2017 at 10:39 PM.


    Throne of Games


    Quote Originally Posted by darksoft View Post
    Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

  7. #7
    Trollbox Trade Federation
    bustedstr8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston Burbs

    Posts
    1,010
    I like to smack it on my belly for 3-5 minutes before scanning.
    Clowns Suck


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •