Thread: PS2 slim with a lot o fan-noise and RGB problem.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner

PS2 slim with a lot o fan-noise and RGB problem.

Got a PS2 Slim, model SCPH-77001, modded with Matrix makes a fucking lot of noise when on.

Already opened it and used an air can to clean it (didn't have a lot of dust) and nothing changed. Any ideas how I can solve this? Also for some reason it doesn't work with RGB and XRGB Framemeister. I appreciate any help!

+

Ace Ghost Pilot

Can't help you on the noise other than to suggest a fan replacement but for RGB check the settings in the system menu as it may be set to output component.

On one of my modded slim ps2 (not sure which chip) the system menu is forced to component even though I select RGB. It'll go to RGB after it boots up the game, IIRC.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Can't help you on the noise other than to suggest a fan replacement but for RGB check the settings in the system menu as it may be set to output component.

On one of my modded slim ps2 (not sure which chip) the system menu is forced to component even though I select RGB. It'll go to RGB after it boots up the game, IIRC.
    This, you have to switch from component to rgb.

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Doesn't work like how? IIRC the Frame Meister needs raw sync, and if your adapter for it doesn't strip sync, your PS2 is using Composite as sync.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Thanks for the help, guys. Sorry I wasn't clear enough on the RGB problem.

About the fan, is it easy to replace it? Any suggestion of places where I can buy a new one?
    For the RGB, it does work, but it keeps losing the signal. Sometimes the screen just flickers, sometimes the signal is totally lost for 1-3 seconds. Here's a video showing the problem:

The cable works fine with my fat PS2 (not modded). Any thoughts?
    Thanks a lot!
    +

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rodolfocm View Post
    About the fan, is it easy to replace it? Any suggestion of places where I can buy a new one?
    Yes it is easy to replace once you have the console apart. All you need to do is know the right fan dimensions and voltage to get a newer (and quiter) fan installed with a simple wire job. I think endpcnoise.com has a lot of options available, but you may have to look around the net for the right size. Should not be expensive though.
    Last edited by NexusX; 09-04-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Thread Information